We are actually living in a time where announcing your belief in god is uncouth enough for people to view you as some...

>we are actually living in a time where announcing your belief in god is uncouth enough for people to view you as some sort of freak

maybe if you live in Jew York

>we are actually living in a time where announcing your non-belief in god is uncouth enough for your family to disown you
>we are actually living in a time where announcing your non-belief in god is uncouth enough to be punishable by death in 13 countries

C'mon m8

Not OP, but I live in New York. You'll be totally ostracized if you're religious (and not Jewish or Muslim)

Was this not foreseen? One need not make any declaration (unless confronted) and still quietly lead an exemplary Christian life.
Pray in your closet, user.

Only in Cuckmerica

Because it makes you look like an idiot. You believe in something with absolutely no evidence and which seems utterly impossible. The Old/New Testaments honestly are on the same level as fairy tales in their connection to reality.

Go ahead and post a fedora image, but it's true. Believing in traditional religion in the modern age is profoundly stupid. It has no connection to reality.

fairy tales are real, you fucking idiot

>t. I haven't study about this matter, but trust me, I hold the truth, and some of the biggest geniuses of theology, mathematics, logic and philosophy that did study this for hundreds and thousands of hours abd that did believe in god were idiots.

Start with the greeks

Matthew 10:33

Pardon? It was the great organizing principle of the post-Roman west out of which emerged myriad sub-reddits, including the sciences. May not be an 'evidence,' but it is a fact. There's more than a single way to use the mind, user. The materialist cry for evidence is entirely bogus in the face of religion. Popper's dictum *really* only applies to the sciences (or what claims the status thereof) or else it obviously sinks under its own weight via the easiest of deconstructions. No one seeks some Cadillac in the clouds.

The fact that it was a great organizing principle has nothing to do with its truth value.

You say it's bogus to cry for evidence for something religious. Why? We want evidence for everything else.

I just don't get it, it seems blatantly illogical to believe in something with not even any semblance of reality.

Best post in this thread. It totally depends on where you live. Compared to countries with execution or jail for "blasphemy", some people disagreeing with you is not the end of the world.

this

We want evidence for legal fictions? for axioms? for the truth-value of money, the representation of which changes on what seems a quarterly basis? for one's own decided manner of how to get things done?
So much is trial and error, user. Religion is REALLY hated (at least in my country) for both its obvious corporate structure and for its crass self-politicization. Both, unfortunately, very good reasons. Has it not always been such? Not always, but since late medieval times in the vast majority of cases, yes.
Nonetheless one either becomes inspired by it, or one does not. That is all.

I agree. That's why I added 'unless confronted.' Keeping one's religion on the DL has its Biblical sources too. Thus the reference to 'praying in one's closet.'

>it's another cathcuck larper complaint thread

For some reason this post reminded me that today's Emily Dickinson's b-day. She'd be.. 187. HBD Amherst Belle!

It's a strange time. I've recently become a believer after spending most of my life as an atheist.

Stay strong in the face of adversity.

people don't think your a 'freak' if you believe in god, SOME people think your stupid and/or disagree with you

>>Believing in traditional religion in the modern age is profoundly stupid. It has no connection to reality.
>He hasn't read the holy Koran

Honestly on the rare occasion when I meet a Western person who self-identifies an atheist I immediately cut them out of my life forever, and if I can't do that I at least undermine them gradually to the point where they are cast out of my circle. These people are more fanatical, zealous, hypocritical, bigoted, toxic, and downright obnoxious than any religious person I have ever met, of any religion whatsoever. Western atheists are poison and nothing good can ever come of them. Luckily I live in a country where the only time I ever really have to see them is tourists in the capital wearing gay pride shirts or whatever the latest fad for retards is and speaking in their outdoor voice on the subway. Disgusting. I wish there was someone I could call to come collect them. Ring ring West hello your shit is leaking.

fuck off you stupid moralfag