What should current literature be tackling, why, and how?

What should current literature be tackling, why, and how?

Beauty. It's the only thing worth pursuing

Cyber isolation

R A G E
A
G
E

Vague

True. Isolation is hard to make exciting without resorting to stream-of-consciousness going-wacky tropes, though.

Anything but white men

The invasion of the West.

Feminism and God.

>What
The pathways into the cybernetic technocracy of the future.

>Why
Because its domination is inevitable, and desirable.

>How
Start by cleansing the mind of all fallacious subhuman sentiments causing delays.

The decline in skill in commercial pizza baking.

Something striving for pure aesthetics while somehow avoiding the solipsism implicit in that goal. If you were somehow able to capture and embed the political and cultural spirit in a purely aesthetic work you'd be well on your way to a great piece of writing. The only sort of political writing that wouldn't be entirely co-opted today would be to do something like The Pale King, which is still meta-fictional and destructionist at the same time. DeLillo is good at capturing the sublime but can be too referential for myself at times.

Racism and gender issues.
In 2017 this shouldn't even be a question, haven't you noticed how a literal fascist is now president of the USA and misogynistic, racist nazis now walk the street freely?
Don't even get me started on the heavy oppression of the modern woman in every aspect of life.

Yes, yes, you find the SJdubs annoying and wish to satirize their concerns, but I really want to know what YOU think is important; is it them?

This.
If only to increase the resentful backlash and further radicalization of the right

Are you an accelerationist?

The destruction of the human soul through social technology

>desirable
cyber-chad's lemniscate penis piercing my soul for all eternity is not desirable desu

>sits down next to you at a malaysian silkweaving enthusiast center
>orders 1 good thread with clever answers
>begins masturbating while waiting for thread
>stares at the inside of own skull, eyes rolled back, sees only memes
>comes into hand, reaches out to receive thread with sticky hand
> "OP is a faggot."
> turns to you
> "Did you know that the degeneracy of Feminism and the isolation of post-modernism are the only two things were writing about?"

unironically this

Literature's run its course. The modern world is disaffected with stories, and too complex for facsimilies of it to be interesting. Myth and metaphor become less interesting as our ancient ways of conceiving the world have less and less to do with its true workings or even our everyday lives.

The journal article is the new standard unit of written cultural meaning

bbc

The homogenization of the artistic class.

Give me a year or so more and I'll have you taken care of.

The effect of standardized and broad educational tracks. One would assume that art is improved by having everyone be educated, but as the education is broad and nourishment is often still dependent on the parents, what could be a great artistic resource is trapped in mundanity.
The effect of communist subcultures beyond the obvious shit about being phonies or whatever. Yes, hippies were totally fake, many communist bands were still trying to sell something, we know. But what actual cultural effects did having many communist groups have among 1st world nations. This all being said, I wonder if all this stuff is being talked about constantly but by virtue of out attention because focused on political writings now and access to everything from the past, we're just not seeing it.
These, for instance, are likely all talked about in tons of modern literature.

Nick Land's shtick, but from a hopeful view. It is easy to give up, and far nobler to guide man through the coming difficulties.

>pepe the frog
>has a human body

Why should literature aim to tackle contingent false problems?