Share your favorite quotes

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

"History is a dream that I'm thrilled to live by"

- He said

First we feel, then we fall.

"Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer as quoted by award winning and best selling author John Green in his latest soon-to-be classic Turtles All The Way Down.

Plato told Aristotle no one should make more than five times the pay of the lowest member of society. J.P. Morgan said 20 times. Jesus advocated a negative differential - that's why they killed him.—Graef Crystal

The comfort of the rich depends upon an abundant supply of the poor.— Voltaire

why is this getting reposted every few days here?

Because you haven't woken up from history yet

"Whoever is not prepared to talk about capitalism should also remain silent about fascism" - Max Horkheimer

"benis"
t. spurdo

What about people who are bankrupt or in debt? Doesn't that mean everyone should make no money or be in the negative?
Zero time twenty is still zero.

We are led to Believe a Lie
When we see not Thro the Eye
Which was Born in a Night to perish in a Night
When the Soul Slept in Beams of Light
God Appears & God is Light
To those poor Souls who dwell in Night
But does a Human Form Display
To those who Dwell in Realms of day

>Peace, though beloved of our lord, is a cardinal virtue only if your neighbours share your conscience.

We’re all born mad. Some remain so.

Then feed on thoughts, that voluntarie move
Harmonious numbers; as the wakeful Bird
Sings darkling, and in shadiest Covert hid
Tunes her nocturnal Note. Thus with the Year
Seasons return, but not to me returns
Day, or the sweet approach of Ev'n or Morn,
Or sight of vernal bloom, or Summers Rose,
Or flocks, or heards, or human face divine;
But cloud in stead, and ever-during dark
Surrounds me, from the chearful wayes of men
So much the rather thou Celestial light
Shine inward, and the mind through all her powers
Irradiate, there plant eyes, all mist from thence
Purge and disperse, that I may see and tell
Of things invisible to mortal sight

"There comes an end to all things; the most capacious measure is filled at last; and this brief condescension of evil finally destroyed the balance of my soul."
-Robert Louis Stevenson, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

People in bankruptcy and people with debts are not truly members of society. That's why they're so repugnant. They're outcasts, shameful wretches, and should be left behind.

"Now only one enemy remained, two if you counted god"

>"Live with your century but do not be its creature."
Friedrich Schiller
>"Imaginary evil is romantic and varied; real evil is gloomy, monotonous, barren, boring. Imaginary good is boring; real good is always new, marvelous, intoxicating."
Simone Weil
>"Before his death, Rabbi Zusya said "In the coming world, they will not ask me: 'Why were you not Moses?' They will ask me: 'Why were you not Zusya?"
Martin Buber
>"The ages of fervor abound in bloody exploits: a Saint Theresa could only be the contemporary of an auto-da-fe, a Luther of the repression of the Peasants' Revolt. In every mystic outburst, the moans of victims parallel the moans of ecstasy... Scaffolds, dungeons, jails flourish only in the shadow of a faith - of that need to believe which has infested the mind forever."
Emil Cioran
>"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"From those according to their ability to themselves according to their need"

its incredible that christianity is even allowed in america, you sucmbags would be much better off just going full jew, some evangelicals are already nearly there

damned if ya do, damed if ya didnt'

The cliche is that americans love capitalism because they all believe they are latent millionaires.

something something jews

"The inventor of the mirror poisoned the human soul."

Veeky Forums is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake

>what are naturally reflective surfaces

Should have posted the full quote for context:

"Man should not be able to see his own face. Nothing is more terrible than that. Nature gave him the gift being unable to see either his face or into his own eyes.
He could only see his own face in the waters of rivers and lakes. Even the posture he had to adopt to do so was symbolic. He had to bend down, to lower himself, in order to suffer the ignominy of seeing his own face.
The creator of the mirror poisoned the human soul."

How autistic do you have to be not to realise you can see yourself reflected in other people's eyes?

:DDD

It's from the book of disquiet. In case you don't know the book of disquiet is about a total social recluse. So you've actually made a good point.

This is something only the most patheticaly