Start with the Greeks six months ago

>Start with the Greeks six months ago
>Continuing with the Christians
>Suddenly have the urge to immerse myself into some indulgent comfy anime cyperbunk type novel
Are there any books with this aesthetic that aren't bad? I started Snow Crash two years ago and it was quite shitty. I just want an indulgent neo tokyo cityscape with pixie dreamgirls and saturated neon colors

Just watch Akira every night before bed until you get sick of it

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

What about Windup Bird something? I hear it's better
Two fucking awful titles by the way

bump help me ssfg fags

You need some Dick, though I wouldn't call him comfy. Maybe Ballard or the Strugatskis, but the same applies. I used to pepper my greeks with some more obscure po-mo to remind me how good they actually are. You could also try some good children's lit or some fantasy/gothic short stories to give your brain some time off the heavier stuff.

>Suddenly have the urge to immerse myself into some indulgent comfy anime cyperbunk type novel
this is a brain disease I don't know what they'll call it, at the very least this is the last stage of development in a lot of millennials aesthetic tastes. i hope you escape user, better people than you haven't

The Question Concerning Technology

>skipping the Romans

this, AT LEAST read meditations

but that's greek

He said he was continuing with the Christians, can't you read?

>Seneca
>Cicero
>Porphyry
>Lucretius
>Epictetus
>Arrian
>Plutarch
>Pliny
>Tacitus
>Have you forgotten Cato?

Probably this. Technology is banal, not exciting.

>skipping Lucan

Anyone knows if the ghost in the shell novels are passable?

The first GiTS manga is pretty good.

Then the great Kobe earthquake happened and Shirow got PTSD and became a hack. Avoid the others.

I know the manga but there are actually novels (two i think)

Try VA-11 HALL-A. It's not a book strictly speaking, but I think you might like it.

Neuromancer is required reading.

If you're looking for something a little lighter, read Gibson's Burning Chrome anthology. It has the aesthetic you're after.

It's not a book and it's certainly not literature, but I do think it's the kind of thing that OP is in need of.

... VA-11 HALL-A?

If there was a novel like that game I would be so happy :)

If it was a novel you would miss all the super comfy 8-bit vaporwave-ish atmostphere though.

>not lit
Well, the dialogues are a fun and interesting read, and the whole thing looks very much like a "commentary" on what internet has become thus far, what with all the parody of Veeky Forums, the So-Cal Justice Warriors, the stereotypical buffoon that tries so hard to look very clever and philosophical, etc.
I wouldn't dismiss videogames as an inferior form of expression, it's just a different thing.

You misanthropes will never understand man's innate passion for his own inventions that gives way to whole new environment. So shove your dull snobism up yours.

>Neuromancer is required reading
is it though

>Dick
What's his best? I hear Valis is good? I'll go to ssfg to