What do you think about this book?

What do you think about this book?

it's a good book, which do you think was the best girl and why was it Grushenka?

Tried three times. Got 300+ pages each time and gave up. It’s just tedious and meandering imo. FD is a genius and I want to love it but I just can’t.

This is dated book,this book don't work in modern days,tedious dialogue,characters repetitiva.
Notes from underground,The idiot and Crime and punishment in my opinion are fucking good.

Too bad Dosto died before he can finish his three novel arc.

>tfw no TBK part 2 electric boogaloo

>best girl
>not imagining Mitya hatefucking you as he takes out his anger for his father
pleb

>ywn read about Liza's roastie years

>plebfiltered

>this makes Katya best girl

Could've been shorter

You might only call it
>dated
in the sense, a lot of people don't have the knowledge about christianity (and theological debates) anymore which is required to understand the book and what its protagonists are talking about.
If you have said knowledge it's very, very interesting.

>Katya
i meant Alyosha desu

Grushenka is the og manic pixie dream girl

what? she was never manic, nor pixie, nor dreamy

It's hard because it's not leasons for life,but religious,and it's boring,compare to crime and punishment,it's not religious,a bit,but overall it's a better leason for life than brothers Karamazov.

Lise > Katya > Grushenka
Get some taste.

I don´t understand,this is so,tedious and it´s so boring,why people praise this book?this is clearly not his best book

You realize religions are meant to provide lessons for life, right?

what do you think Lise looked like? this?

You read the book the book leason is
>you can be moral without religion

how do you think Ivan ruined her in just a 5 minute meeting? just a few words? or more drastic methods?

>Hey Lise... you know Santa isn't real right? let me demonstrate

Katya was the girl who think is sweet and different but she turns out to actually be insane
It's her fault that Dmitry got convicted and she had absolutely no reason to do it other than trying to impress Ivan.
Grushenka is like a Stacy who turns out to be pretty cool. Her self-discovery with Alyosha is one of the best arcs of the story.

I always wonder what would have happened after the events of TBK

yeah, Katya was more in love with the idea of sacrificing herself for Dmitri that with anybody else, she's the kind of person who would suck your dick out of spite and then laugh in your face after swallowing the load

Alyosha would have ruined the world somehow through good intentions

I feel like Alyosha would have had a downfall arc due to some negative event (maybe Ivan dying) and struggled against the Karamazov baseness for a long time, but prevailed in the end (maybe even sacrifice himself to really drive the Christlike-ness home).
As for the others I don't know, two giant books is a lot of time for things to happen. Kolya growing up in Alyosha's footsteps would have been cool to see.

>the trilogy will never be complete

One of the saddest events in literature desu

I think it's an extraordinary book and I am looking forward to re-reading it again eventually.

>saddest events
this and ?

Nietzsche's madness

kind of surprising to learn that his most famous photo was taken when he was already completely retarded, and his sister propped him up on a chair to show off for the visits

what photo?

forgot pic

The early deaths of Kierkegaard and Keats :(

teebh there was a sublime beauty to it

>It is a mere prejudice that I am a human being. Yet I have often enough dwelled among human beings and I know the things human beings experience, from the lowest to the highest. Among the Hindus I was Buddha, in Greece Dionysus — Alexander and Caesar were incarnations of me, as well as the poet of Shakespeare, Lord Bacon. Most recently I was Voltaire and Napoleon, perhaps also Richard Wagner ... However, I now come as Dionysus victorious, who will prepare a great festival on Earth ... Not as though I had much time ... The heavens rejoice to see me here ... I also hung on the cross ...

>I go everywhere in my student coat, now and then slap someone on the back, and say: siamo contenti? son dio, ho fatto questa caricatura ... ["Is everything OK? I am God, this farce is my creation."]

these are genius imo

Yes, I never said that wasn't the message of the book.

la de mi pico en tu poto

I never pictured her as smug and, for lack of a better word, tsun as Asuka. She always seemed more innocent in her teasing, until the ending, at least.

I wanted more with the priests than the children.

Well that's some feels

Lise is a cripple and insane

Lise was my first waifu desu

best part is the meeting of the 2 brothers in the coffee house or whatever... the description of the meek horse and its whipping... the chapter called "rebellion"... its been a while since i read it but when i was in HS id read and re-read this portion whenever i took a shit. good times!

She's still cute, you fag.

Ivan gave her the same rebellion speech that he gave Alyosha. She echoes him when talking to Alyosha, saying "I don't want to be holy" or whatever. desu i thought ivan raped lise the first time i read it and now i can't get it out of my head

FUCK!