What are some major plot holes with Harry Potter? Don't bother coming in here to talk about how it's a shitty book...

What are some major plot holes with Harry Potter? Don't bother coming in here to talk about how it's a shitty book, i think everyone already knows that. I'm more interested in just how bad the book is. Many people on this board seem to just shrug their shoulders and say that the book is poorly written shit, but i never see anyone delve into just how bad the writing is.

>reading for the plot

This is a poetry board that tolerates prose, don't bring up plot ever again

The time travel part is a bit inconsistent. A lot of the major events of the series hinge on "the power of love".

>soles not facing the camera
Trash.jpg

Plot holes really aren't the worst thing in Harry Potter.

The main problems are:

>the first book is boring
>the fifth book turns Harry into a whiney bitch
>the sixth book tries to cram six books of romance subplot development into a single book
>the seventh book has Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting on their asses doing nothing for half the book
>the seventh book has a fan fiction tier epilogue

harry is the prototypical liberal that feels abused by his parents and longs for escape into fantasy

he is dumb but super special attention hog nonetheless. at the end it turns out hes actually (((smart)))

fundamentally damaging to youth. utter poison

magic doesn't actually exist

First two are the only good ones. Rest is trash. Really starts going downhill fast with the time travel shit.

All of it

Pretty sure it's not that bad, though. From what I've seen Rowling's a competent writer- she's leagues ahead of genuinely bad stuff like Dan Brown or Fifty Shades.

Also

That angle is seriously downplayed. You see it in other kids media too like that book Matilda, even the Simpsons. The smart, underappreciated kid who never gets recognised for being special and has to put up with their dipshit family. Every Dunning-Kruger fag in the world, not to mention basic bitch liberal harpies, see these characters as stand ins for themselves. I think Harry Potter goes beyond that because you get the whole muggles thing. So people who didn't go to your all knowing, all powerful institution are not just less aware and capable as you but also in a totally different category. An attitude that shitlibs feel toward people with only a high school degree. Harry Potter gets more interesting when you recognise it as how a whole group of people interpret the world

>but i never see anyone delve into just how bad the writing is.

It's not horrible. The problem is that the prose is filled with cliches and stock phrases.

Agree with so much of that but FOR FUCKS SAKE LEAVE MATILDA OUT OF IT! That's not doing the things you're claiming. Matilda is a five year old, she represents the magical potential of children and how the institutions can have tyrannical or supportive approaches to them. Her family is fucked but she doesn't whine about it she plays it cool and gets a better family. Some families in the world really are abusive and matilda literally paints reading as a way to deal with that /lit should love that book.

his only good grade is in defense. he is literally a little shithead that is only good at fighting

liberals love thinking they're smart even if their memory, grades, test scores, abilities, are all poor. they see "smartness" as a political badge to be given out according to those that perform political favors.

100% sickening. liberals need to be sent to africa

>not recognising prisoner of azkaban as the best book in the series
you're probably a filthy mudblood

I can appreciate that but anecdotally all I've seen is snotty little princesses learn to think they're going to be rewarded by setting themselves apart from their family.
>they see "smartness" as a political badge to be given out according to those that perform political favors.
Its real grade school shit everyone who opposes them is a big dumb idiot head. I've got no problem saying there are loads of smart liberals. Having a Phd in physics doesn't mean you know a fucking thing about economic policy, social relations etc etc. People will say things like Stephen Hawking is the worlds smartest man. Smartest how? If I wanna know about black holes I'll go to him. If I wanna know how to make a great omelette I don't think he knows shit. Knowledge isn't universal and intelligence isn't that multifaceted unless you're a fucking renaissance man. Liberals aren't interested in knowledge they're interested in credentialism. So in their view if you don't have a degree from Hogwarts State you belong to a social class of ignorant retard muggles.

I don't normally advocate book burning, but having a copy of harry potter needs to be a felony

every so often there is a book that is pure poison like the koran or communist manifesto that spreads like a virus for the mind and leaves milliions dead. they need to be banned completely

In the first book Dumbledore is absent when Voldemort goes after the Sorcerer's Stone because he's riding his broomstick to the Ministry of Magic. This is before the concept of floo powder was introduced, which would allow him to go there instantly.

One of the major problems I've found is that (especially toward the end of the series), Voldemort is obsessed with pureblood wizards, which I think is some clumsy anti-racist message shoehorned in. The major problem with this is literally other character is also like that only except they don't make it as explicit. They casually use slurs about the magic-challenged humans behind their back, don't associate with them, and generally act as if wizards are the master race. Yet Voldemort is portrayed as "bad" (well, aside from being a murderer) because he's against miscegenation.

>"Hey guys, what are some plot holes in Harry Potter?"
>"HURR DURR FUCK DA PLOT!"
I hope you slip on a fucking banana peel and fall down a staircase.

The only problem with Harry Potter is adults shouldnt be reading them, let alone complain about it's flaws because it's for children. The end. And fuck off trying to come in here and get ammo for your imaginary argument where you blow the fuck out of some bitch that rejected you in english class.

I’ve never read any Harry Potter nor have I watched the movies. Honestly both things feel like wasting my time, should I give them a try?

harry potter is a problem because kids shouldn't be reading it either

the point of raising kids is that you gradually introduce realism and life lessons via story hooks (candycane land) and then deliver brutal life messages

harry potter hooks using candycane land, then the message is more sugar

kids arent dumb unless you keep them dumb via mentally handicapped media

You're not going to get any sincere answers out of Veeky Forums. The only thing I can tell you is that it gets a LOT better in Chamber of Secrets, so I'd recommend reading at least the first two, which are very quick reads, before deciding to drop it or not.

he got plenty of sincere responses. the book is beloved by fans of the kardashians

>. at the end it turns out hes actually (((smart)))
How do you mean? How does this parallel with Voldemort changing his name (crypto?) and the symbology with snakes (synagogue of satan)?

The person i got from secret friend at my office asked for three harry potter books, which is kind of alarming given that she is older than 30, but she told me she has a kid so she might read them to him.

>Tfw go to used bookstore
>Look for said harry potter books
>Take advantage of time at bookstore, and look for other books
>Tfw find spanish copy of ficciones, and penguin edition of aeschylus plays
>Carry all books in my hands, and some douchebag kid sees me and yells 'look ma, he has harry potter'
>Feel shame
>Quickly reply 'i got greek tragedies as well'
>Mom gives me a nod of approval and biting her lower lip tells me that it is quite the combination
>Tfw made a middle aged woman wet but too much of a pussy to ask for her number

I say no, but it depends. What is your age? are you open and receptive to very light reads that are meant as escapism for children? if so give it a try. If you go into it with your huge brain to find the peak of literary athleticism, then you'll be taking damage all the way through.

that is some bullshit romanticized way of raising children. Literature isnt the only tool to do that and you're deluded If you think raising a child with literature is the right way to go then please, do not have children (needless to say because you dont fuck) and if you do then kindly hand them off at your nearest fire station or church.

ah, you're right, I'll teach my kids to avoid taking candy from stangers via real life eperience, rather than fairy tales

tip top lad

If you somehow end up having kids you're gonna have a rude awakening.