What philosopher would have been the biggest proponent of anime girls? I'm 99% sure it would have been Hegel

What philosopher would have been the biggest proponent of anime girls? I'm 99% sure it would have been Hegel.

He hated life and 3D girls with a passion.

You're right
>In ordinary life we are of course accustomed to speak of a beautiful colour, a beautiful sky, a beautiful river; likewise of beautiful flowers, beautiful animals, and even more of beautiful people
>we may assert this view, even at this stage, that the beauty of art is higher than nature. The beauty of art is beauty born of the spirit and born again,[2] and the higher the spirit and its productions stand above nature and its phenomena, the higher too is the beauty of art above that of nature.
>In this sense the beauty of nature appear only as reflection of the beauty , that belongs to spirit, as an imperfect incomplete mode [of beauty]
ie 2d>3d

Jung desu
Waifus are just anima expressions for intorverts.

Being pessimistic about a thing is not the same as hating it. I am pessimistic about my chances with women, but I don't hate them; I would hate them if I were optimistic, but my expectations were constantly dashed. Pessimism involves a reasonable hope, a separation and sound realignment of the probability of a thing with one's desire for it.

Land

Not a philosopher

The only answer is pic related

Plato

Hegel's aesthetic theory is pretty cool. I find it particularly interesting how similar it is to Nietzsche's, in that art is a searching in the dark, where artists find symbols, evolve new ideas which are not absolute truths but unfolding, living concepts.

i think you're right. would love to see jung analyze some of my favorite jap toons.

Nietzsche, king of the betas, would've embraced waifu culture in secret.
Didn't he make nude doodles of Wagner's wife?
Dude was already spilling his ubersplooge to 2D.

What is the revolutionary girl utena of philosophy?

Utena is too deep for human reason to probe or illuminate. It finds companions in the realm of revelation rather than insight, to wit, Utena's closest relatives are those works inspired by the muses, whose strophe and antistrophe recount legends of that which transcends. Ikuhara is the Aeschylus of our generation, telling how Promethean Himemiya bears the weight of our collective sins.

utena is breddy greek if you think about it

penguindrum has better pacing though

many have commented that the german ontologists, today, have been reincarnated on frog titter giving hot takes

it's quite Greek, and quite theatrical. Penguindrum is more watchable by TV standards, but Utena, formally, is much more deliberate. Each episode is operatic, and each arc dutifully structured. The lead-up to Utena's end- my god, what a crescendo. Episode 33 should give every viewer goosebumps.

Is the manga actually good?

I'm here for _____antoinette.

Utena just makes me think of Hegel. "Spirit, within its own self, stands in opposition to itself. It must overcome itself as its own truly hostile hindrance. The process of development, so quiescent in the world of nature, is for Spirit a hard and endless struggle against itself."

Utena's narrative does carry a lot of classical philosophical archetypes, especially in the first arc... but it's also kind of a melting pot of ideas taken from a bunch of older shows. As much as I like it, not sure if it deserves as much credit as it receives.

Penguindrum was really cute but it also didn't feel well developed conceptually. I still love the shit out of it though.

Manga is ok, they made it as an afterthought to the show so it doesn't add anything. The artist is great though.

it is structured around kabuki, but yeah

the problem is that a 22 min format is too short. it ends up missing a lot of substance

unfortunately not. 90% of everything thats good is ikuhara

he reincarnated to soy hating man himself?

iirc in the episode commentary he talks a fair amount about western-style theater

>it's also kind of a melting pot of ideas taken from a bunch of older shows
which ones are you thinking of in particular? more specifically, what makes Utena so derivative that you don't think it deserves the credit it gets? Because if you're talking about RoV I don't agree.