Can I take him seriously about Marxism and leftist thinking...

Can I take him seriously about Marxism and leftist thinking? Or is he just a meme and I should look up for more serious marxist philosophers like Istvan Meszaros?

You can. However his funny media persona is, he's a published and respected academic.

Reminder that leftism is a mental illness for soyboys and real men read Fascist and Catholic reactionary stuff relating to masculinity, ethnic homogeneity, and traditional gender roles (i.e. subjugation of women)

he knows what he’s talking about. you won’t get much actual politic/economy from him tho, he’s versed into psychoanalysis (in which communism might play a curative role from his perspective) and media

True Catholics are left wing. Come home

Of course you can take him seriously.

Yeah you should look into more serious communist reading user, the really serious stuff that proves historical materialism, dialectical materialism are sciences and all that cool stuff. The really real stuff, the real marxist lit, the theory books, the dense reading you gotta do to be a Veeky Forums or /leftypol/ homosexual armchair pseud sociopath do-nothing. Really difficult stuff user, put your nose to the grindstone and just power through those dense interesting very relevant tomes. The good stuff

(You)

This guy's right.

>Riiight.

you got me, i was attention starved and now you've ironically sated my desire for validation. Thank you based 120 IQ MFA anons, you're truly ubermensch and i'm awed by your lightning wits and acerbic humor. I know I'm just a projecting pseud myself but maybe one day I can into Marxism and become a sociopath just like you, abdicating all responsibility for original thought and developing my own gnostic interpretation of history that I use as dogma to smite my political and intellectual rivals with. I'm taken aback by this moment, EUPHORIC if you will

Is dis the zizek meme station

You can affect me, user.

why is agitprop in the bible

Zizek: a nonentity. Means absolutely nothing to me.

>So user what do you read?
>Oh mostly masculinity, ethnic homogeneity and gender role stuff

bait

Yes. He is very important. He mixes Marx, Lacan, Hegel and ideology perfectly. Start with Sublime Object (hard) or Violence (easy)

LOL. Neurosis is caused by repression and he thinks the most repressive ideology ever will cure it??? That's really rich user.

Zizek is a clown kept around to amuse the capitalist elite. Imagine absolutely crushing an enemy to the extent they'll never recover and coming home with a caged sophist buffoon to constantly remind you of it.

>Reads about Facism and masculinity
>Still a Christian
STOP

Don't take him seriously. The dude is seriously messed up with women, said some abhorrent stuff about migrants, and literally supported donald trump in the election. I'd say he's past his used by date,

>catholic
>christian

don't forget "translated doujinshi"

Inviting this man to your weekend drunkathon is a must.

I'd kill to spend a night with drunk zizek at the pub.

this