I LITERALLY sent my novel to ALL literary agencies in America. I sent over 80 query letters

I LITERALLY sent my novel to ALL literary agencies in America. I sent over 80 query letters.

6 months later and everyone who bothered to answer said 'No'.

Are there any books about failing your childhood dreams?

Other urls found in this thread:

thebookseller.com/news/anne-tyler-top-selling-man-booker-longlisted-title-312012
goodreads.com/book/show/18002361-john-the-posthumous?from_search=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw your rejection letter was just a postcard with NO written on it

keep going

Post your novel here.

>I LITERALLY sent my novel to ALL literary agencies in America. I sent over 80 query letters.
>6 months later and everyone who bothered to answer said 'No'.
>University Creative Writing classes are complete scams and a waste of money
>publishers just don't understand my artistic vision, and I don't need to revise my work at all

Pic related is likely why.

Troll them using a jew pen name or write explicitly pro-white literature. That's the future market for any white man who desires to be a writer so learn that market and you will exponentially increase your chances of success.

First point of advice: Don't listen to conspiratorial dumbasses like and instead keep trying.

You better believe there was some conspiring going on for those publishing companies to be that stacked with jews.

Give 10 more years and your book gets adapted on the big screen and you can go full blown JK Rowling autistic on your haters

Jews have a culture which emphasizes hard work and their religion encourages intellectualism. Jews have always done well in Europe when they weren't being oppressed while always only being a small minority.

OP here. I told my mom but she said it would be all right, and that I'll always be her "little writer". She's even offered to pay me (since I don't have a job) to write her memoir for her. Does it sound like a good idea?

Your not OP

Jews are nepotistic scoundrels who are using these companies, most of which were started by whites btw, to promote anti-white propaganda.

>Jews are nepotistic scoundrels
That doesn't explain how they originally achieved their positions. Nepotism has to start with someone.

>most of which were started by whites btw, to promote anti-white propaganda.
It's good to know that successful Jews 500 years ago in England promoted anti-white propaganda.

/pol/ logic:
>blacks are genetically stupid that's why they commit crimes
>jews don't deserve to be in positions of power even though they're smarter

OP, don't use antisemitism as a crutch. People who think like this are those who find it easier to come up with an oppressive force without than to admit that the problem comes from within.
Think about why your writing may be unpublishable and work hard to fix it. You've no doubt heard the story of how many publishers turned J.K. Rowling down, but it's not actually inspirational. They all wisely rejected her submissions because she's a bad writer and so are you.
You can blame boogeymen, you can give up, or you can hone your craft and try again in a few years. I believe in you.

Well man, this might mean you need to improve.

Practice leads to perfection. Maybe post the shit online, get feedback, and start writing something new.

There are very overt policies in place at these jewish-run publishing companies to exclude white men, which I assume is the demographic the OP belongs to.

Instead of closing his eyes and pretending this isn't happening while continuing to waste his time sucking up to the jews at these publishing companies actively excluding him, if he really wanted to become a writer and make a difference, he would be better off learning about why these jews behave in the tribal, anti-white fashion they do and start writing pro-white literature for his own people, the only people who will appreciate it.

That is not only good advice, it's the best advice he's going to get. These jews hate him and he needs to figure out why then bypass their fake propagandistic hold over a part of HIS culture that they are not a part of.

Make your MC a transgender child and you'll be immediately picked up.

I'm not kidding. All these fukcign agents want is tranny or non-binary or transracial gay couples. It's fucking INSANE

Have you been published before?
You should write short stories or essays and make a small name for yourself before trying to get your novel published.

Ah, I see you've gone to the Lauren Southern school of writing. =)

What's a good way to go about getting short stories and essays published? Where should I be sending this stuff?

Quit being a drama-queen. Generally speaking, life's pretty fucking long. I don't know how old you are but if I live to the average age of men in my country, I've got over 50 more years to fail dreams. How about instead of shooting for the Moon right off the hop, you talk a walk around the fucking block.

Self-publish your fucking book. No-no, shut up, no back-talk; self-publish the fucker. Do some marketing because even if you DID get traditionally published you'd have to do that anyways. Get some sales and make a few dollars, know what it feels like to hold $20 in your hand knowing that people around the world collectively gave that to you because they wanted to read your book. It might take months, but it'll come, and you can do as I did if you want; write your pen name on it and the date you withdrew it. I intend on framing mine someday.

Keep writing, get more books under your belt, and self-publish them too. In time you'll end up either contacting some of your readers or they will contact you if you provide the means of doing so, and they'll be long-term fans of your stuff. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you. As you're slowly but steadily getting sales, you'll inevitably get reviews, and there WILL be negative ones. It might be your first or it might not be, but they WILL come, and hopefully they'll help you improve.

As the months and years tick by, steadily writing more books, you can always submit more manuscripts to traditional publishers to try and get to that elusive Moon, but you have to crawl before you can fly. In time, maybe an agent will contact you to represent your stuff, or maybe a publisher will contact you directly. Maybe you'll NEVER get traditionally published, but you'll make money from writing and can say "I'm an author".

"If you wrote something for which someone sent you a check, if you cashed the check and it didn't bounce, and if you then paid the light bill with the money, I consider you talented."
-Stephen King

Well Stephen fucking King considers me talented, now quit bitching, readjust your sights, leave the 1000m target alone for the time being and try some plinking at 50m. Try some crawling before you challenge Usain Bolt to a race.

Lauren Southern may be right wing but she is not anti-semite

There is plenty of nepotism in publishing. That is well known. Just that it is not necessarily Jews. However if your novel promotes the trendy fad of trannies, transracial gays or the usual victim politics you will get picked up regardless of the caliber of your writing.

For example This is How It Always Is
by Laurie Frankel.

It probably just sucks, user

It's predominantly jews though. Who do you think is pushing that degenerate shit in the first place, man?

Jews tend to be intelligent, why wouldn't they end up climbing the ranks into the upper echelons? I mean blacks descend the ranks and fill prisons, are you suggesting the system is rigged against them or do you follow the inevitable logic that they just commit more crime?

How groups as a mean plot on a linear IQ scale is only part of the equation. Jews have high verbal intelligence, but they're also pushy and nepotistic, and they use their ethnic power to oppose the interests of whites. And the latter issues are what have led to problems: jews employing a tribal strategy while pretending they aren't in white societies that are based on meritocracy.

If a subset of a population that consists of only 2% of the American population is so powerful maybe it's time for pathetic whitey to give up.

Look up literary magazines that accept unsolicited submissions.

Physical removal, with its many precedents, is more likely.

How do they oppose the interests of whites? I've been trying to understand Jew hatred for months if not years, I have asked many about it, but I still don't understand. They provide some of the greatest entertainment on the planet, they utilize their intelligence to make money and the mere fact they make money shows they're efficiently providing services to improve society, and in making such money they then provide many jobs. Even if they were to Jew it up and keep their money in the bank, banks make loans to help lower-class people get the opportunity to make businesses to join the middle-class. From what I can tell, Jews also make up about 33% of all Nobel Prize winners, second only to Christians, with non-religious people coming 3rd with less than half as many winners as the Jews and Muslims coming dead last with less than 1/15th as many winners as the Jews and less than 1/20th as many winners as the Christians. Considering the HUGE difference between Christian and Jewish populations, they're more than pulling their weight... or do you propose that the Jewish conspiracy also extends to those who run the Nobel Prize awards?

Seriously, make your case, I want to hear you out. I once held leftist views in regards to Muslims being all peace-loving and oppressed by the west and BS like that but I've been thoroughly red-pilled on that, so go ahead, try to Jew pill me.

by supporting the importation of racial aliens in vast quantities. that alone is enough to get them on the shit-list. not to mention their prominence in the transgressive movements

Nobody recommended a book did they

transgression is high iq, open borders correlates with high iq, whytes are equally represented in all these movements. try harder stormie you guys are losing the propaganda battle

Put it on lulu so we can read it and see if it's any good. If it sells a hundred copies publishers will be more interested.

They negate and destroy gentile cultures and nations and that helps them survive as a homogeneous group. Then they hop host onto the next strong nation. Sometimes they're sad for a hundred years or so after being kicked out.

A lot of people are telling you to pretend to be jewish, bad move because there are tons of thos writers already. What you need to do is become a neo nazi staple. Write your books, bully random girls on twitter for being fat (especially if they aren't), make 3 hour youtube videos where you bitch about SJWs and if anyone calls you an asshole act like they're trying to take away your free speech. It will lionize you among the right which has a much smaller writer base. Always be dicking, as long as a person has to deal with you you're winning.

>intelligent

Then why are they pushing tranny kids so hard in books and TV?

Serious question. Go to any big agent's twitter feed and they all claim to want PoC or trans/non-binary/queer. The truth is, they want a few tokens of those while they push only the MS's of their friends or family members to publishers. Publishing is hopelessly corrupt.

I'm against illegal immigration too, but that could easily be the result of many Jews being Liberal. Ben Shapiro has jokes about the MINUTE minority of Conservatives in the Jewish community. Loads of women are for massive immigration and open borders.

I don't see Jews destroying non-Jew (Gentile) cultures or nations, in fact as mentioned they're doing a lot to help them.

Surprise, surprise. Leftism is popular now and hatred against whites is at an all-time high. Leftism is a cancer on the west these days, it makes us want to be ashamed and sickened by our own heritage, even ashamed and sickened by the gender who has designed/constructed/built the vast majority of our civilization; men. It sounds a lot like the plague of the left is synonymous/parallel with the 'Jew problem'.

So how do you lot suggest that they intertwine? Do you suggest they're one and the same? Are the Jews in control of mainstream media using it to push the leftist agenda which is indeed leading to the fall of the west? It's all the Jew's doing? It's still sounding pretty damn weak.

>tranny kids
Again, leftism. It's a scourge on society, but I don't see it as being something borne from the Jews for the sake of destroying the greatest civilization on the planet; the west. Are Jews largely promoting leftism? Perhaps, after all it's known that Jews are largely leftist, but having a big conspiracy of wanting to topple white people and western society via leftism? I'm still not seeing it. Leftism IS a problem but to try and pin it on the Jews, it feels like they're being used as a scapegoat for the problem of political correctness being left to go out of control for decades.

Black people, trans/non-binary/queer, again this sounds like leftist nonsense but I'm not seeing the connection behind Jews being the cause of cancerous modern leftism even when we take into account how the Jews essentially control Hollywood. LOTS of people think that leftism is great, that it's just, that it looks out for the little people and thus is the true way of societal betterment. "The way to Hell is paved with good intentions", which is what this sounds like. Not so much "the way to Hell is paved by Jews" even though it sounds like something neo-Nazis/skinheads/KKK members would relish in repeating and pushing. I feel as though the pieces of your puzzle are there, they're on the table, but you have to put the picture together for me. How/why would the Jews intentionally cause the destruction of whites/western culture?

Is this what's known as the 'Socratic Method'?

> Loads of women are for massive immigration and open borders.
Women follow the status quo and don't get their information from their own men anymore, they get it from jewish-run publications that tell them what to think and harp on their nurturing instincts to make the for such things.

So why do the Jews want to go through all this effort? Just to destroy the west? Why? Because it's white? Where is the motive beyond "Jews are evil because reasons"?

Jewish/Aryan enmity and more broadly the historiographical enmity that exists between Jews and literally everybody else is on grounds of their peculiar theological/political/historical orientation. If you're a deracinated atheist who's historically illiterate like most people in the West then of course you'll have trouble understanding the Jewish Question.

The Illuminati works in mysterious ways.

Because nature, man. Group struggle. Living as an urban minority diaspora, Jews have developed an ethnic strategy that is very effective at helping them attain their group interests. Whites, having evolved in high-trust individualistic northern environments, have trouble conceptualizing this type of selfish behavior. The Culture of Critique explains this group behavior well in detail, check it out.

>Stephen fucking King considers me talented

LMAO

I've been fascinated by history since my early teens and I'm Christian. Also if you're now expecting me to simply accept the concept of Aryans, this mystical group of blue-eyed blonds who are meant to rule over people of all other races when Nazi Germany couldn't even topple illiterate Commie peasants who had been fighting the line back to Germany since long before the western front even opened up in the summer of 1944, you're going to have a hard time convincing me. I'm trying to be open-minded about this, but you may as well be telling me that global warming is caused by unicorn farts and fairy dust. Come on, give me plausibility. Here's what we seem to have established thus far...

>Jews essentially rule mainstream media
>I don't think it's been mentioned here but they also apparently own many major companies/corporations
>Jews are primarily leftist, thus largely hold many cancerous leftist values
>Jews promote their views via the media they own

I can understand these and probably agree with them, though I don't think them pushing their own political views is a conspiracy, after all, I've written books that contain my own more right-wing political views. Now, for the sake of trying to figure things out, I understand (though don't agree) that your theory involves...

>Jewish hatred of whites and/or the west
>Jews wish to destroy whites and/or the west
>Jews are working together to achieve this

I think those are all nonsense, but for the time being, let's assume it's true.

>Leftism is cancer on the west

I accept and agree with that, and though you lot haven't specified it I don't think, I assume you agree with it too. So now I think all that's missing from this puzzle is that, somehow, they created modern leftism for the purpose of toppling the west, which is the home of many Jews and the place where many of them have gotten rich and lived fantastic lives? Oh yeah, and the REASONING has not been specified accurately. If the crux of the whole thing is dependent on believe in Aryans and believing that Jews want to destroy the west because of Aryans... I can't see myself being able to come to your side even though there seems to be many views we share. I mean, seriously, this should be an easy sell.

You're a Christian? So you do know that Jews are the self-styled enemies of Christ then.

there's probably something very wrong with your query letter

do you know the basics/etiquette?

maybe post the letter and I can give you pointers

t. ex-literary agent slush pile intern

Also, Jews aren't primarily "leftist". Look at how they organize themselves in Israel. The only reason they adopt such values in the West is to subvert the White Protestant majority. Read "Ordeal of Civility: Freud, Marx, Levi-Strauss, and the Jewish Struggle With Modernity" by JM Cuddihy

So the Jews are highly intelligent and are able to get into upper echelons of society, this much seems clear. They have a sort of Napoleon Complex (even though Napoleon wasn't actually all that short) except it's because of small numbers rather than because of small height. So they utilize their numbers as best they can to try and attain group interests, which are apparently any interests that go against whites. Is that correct?

>Whites, having evolved in high-trust individualistic northern environments

High-trust? I think the HUGE history of warfare within the west between white tribes would throw a wrench into this assessment. I mean, dating right back to the Roman Era, in the past 2300+ years or so how many wars have been fought in Europe between whites? We've fought over bloody everything, over land, over religion, over who's ruling what nation and which nation leader's daughter is married off to which nation leader's son, etc. Even now with the European Union, it seems like that's coming apart at the seams. I don't see war breaking out in Europe anytime soon between white nations so that's good, but that seems to be about as 'high-trust' as things have gotten. Perhaps the only race that has the right to be less trusting than whites is blacks, because of just how much they had historically enslaved themselves and how they even now still have wars between tribes to my knowledge.

You're going to have to delve into independent reading if you want to understand the jewish problem. People can only explain it so much. You're on the right path though. Start with the most recent addition to the big 4.

>come into thread eager for discussion about the struggles of a young writer
>find out Jewish Question Guy has already been in the thread and ruined it

Terrible. Fucking terrible.

Does it make you uncomfortable when people start asking questions about your tribe?

I'm a Catholic who believes in supersessionism, I'm more against the Jews on a fundamental level than you could ever be. But I've grown tired of the way you derail threads.

I know that the Old Testament is shared by Jews and Christians, thus 'Judeo-Christian values', and that there's some sects of Jews that don't think Jesus was the son of God? Also, Jesus Christ was a Jew. His disciples were likely all Jewish or at least formerly so.

You can't compare the situation with the west to the situation with Israel. The immigration problem is a big problem in the west but we're not at an actual fear of being completely taken over. It's tragic that people are dying in terrorist attacks, it's disgusting and it is promoted by the Quran, but the Muslims actually taking us over? The numbers aren't there, especially in North America where people are still well armed and have an entire ocean to separate us from the Middle East. Meanwhile in Israel, they are surrounded on almost all sides by Islamic countries that want to see them destroyed. They want the Jews wiped off the face of the Earth, for Israel to be pushed into the sea, and for Jerusalem to be in Muslim hands. The Jews in Israel have every right to hold Conservative/right-wing views and to keep borders tight, meanwhile things are going so well in the west and people are getting so complacent (including the Jews) that it seems utterly selfish and hateful to deny people from other parts of the world to move here.

I don't really think "high trust" means what you think it does here, but jews have also played a large part in stirring up those wars. At the risk of pissing you off, you follow a jewish religion that was imposed on your ancestors by jews in Charlemagne's court. This is a long struggle that goes back a long ways because jews force their way into everything. Also, "Aryan" is a legit term for a real people. That's literally what "Iran" means, referring to the Aryan people who settled there.

>But I've grown tired of the way you derail threads
You're the one who came in here with nothing to add but some conversation- and thought-stopping insults, desperately trying to defend your people
>I'm more against the Jews on a fundamental level than you could ever be.
Sorry, but you're making it too obvious, Gershom

There's no anger here, only questions. If things seem factual and reasonable, then I can consider accepting it. As much as I try to boil the matter down it still seems to result in conspiracy theories, and I THOROUGHLY include the "but Jews have also played a large part in stirring up those wars" bit with conspiracy theories. Now we're going back over 1000 years to Charlemagne, Christianity is a Jewish religion (Jesus was a Jew and the Old Testament is part of Judaism but if you're suggesting that Christianity was built to allow Jews to rule people then this is getting to tinfoil hat levels of conspiracy), and not only is Aryan brought up again but apparently the country of Iran has something to do with it? So Iran once had blue-eyed blonds but they all moved to bloody Scandinavia or something?

This seems to raise more questions while answering basically none. The Socratic Method is not going well for you.

more like
>blacks commit crimes because they're genetically stupid
>jews make money because they're genetically smart
>jews also help other jews first because they're genetically tribalist
>genetically altruistic Northern/Western Europeans should take this into account before they assume merit>everything

Your curiosity is noble but these are simply facts that you will find true if you start looking into them. For instance, not only did Aryans/Indo-Europeans settle in Iran, which again literally derives from the word "Aryan," but also India, and both of those nations speak Indo-European languages today. There's also DNA evidence that has been confirmed time and time again, where the highest castes contain significant European admixture. Nothing conspiratorial here.

but a war's already breaking out between two white nations in Europe, unless we're gonna pretend that Ukrainians and Russians aren't white.

change the title and your email address and start over

And the Ukraine separatists were funded by who again?

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Fair point, though I see that as having nothing to do with either Jews or Muslims.

Blacks do commit a fuckload of crimes, and studies suggest they have a lower average IQ, while yet more studies suggest that the greatest indicator for longterm success is IQ. Logic seems to check out on that bit, do you have a different theory on the matter? I hope it's not the typical leftist nonsense of "muh racist white society picking on the poor black people"

Jews do seem to have a higher than average intelligence and as mentioned IQ tends to (but doesn't always) lead to a wealthy/successful life.

I think everyone is tribalist to some degree, though I don't see how it can be genetic. I mean if a group of people with different races were thrown in the same room with a bunch of different tables, chances are the races would naturally largely congregate into different groups. It's not 100% but people seem to generally seek the company of people like themselves.

I don't fully understand your last point, but I do assume that merit>everything. Identity politics is fucking the US up pretty badly, which is a toxic leftist development, and I don't think it's something the Jews cooked up just to try and one-up the nation that they're receiving such a pleasant lifestyle under. But anyways yeah, merit reigns supreme as far as I'm concerned. If I own a business and make enough money to open another one but have to hire someone to manage it, if the person with the most merit is black or (more likely) a Jew, or even a fucking black gay Jew, then fucking give it to the Jew! It only makes sense!

>We'll have to agree to disagree
Bro, nothing in that post is even controversial, no one in scientific community doubts it, so there's nothing to disagree with unless you know something everyone else doesn't.

I'm in the same boat. I self published and am not getting any traction either. At least you didn't spend 5k on a novel OP.

>I hope it's not the typical leftist nonsense of "muh racist white society picking on the poor black people"
While I don't imagine black outcomes would be very good in the best of times, I see the current interventions as counterproductive in the extreme. Teaching an entire population that they're exactly the same as all the others (and that therefore any difference in outcomes is due to oppression) while they aren't exactly the same is a recipe for discontent. Then again, it sounds ghoulish to say "you all are just dumb, that's why you can't get ahead." I'm sure there's a middle ground based on helping them exceed in their strengths.

>Jews do seem to have a higher than average intelligence and as mentioned IQ tends to (but doesn't always) lead to a wealthy/successful life.
Connections help too. Jews feel a strong group identity, and a desire to help less fortunate Jews, while non-Jewish whites tend to value self-reliance more - and also they don't want to think of themselves as racist, so they'll hire whoever.

If group A will hire anyone and group B will hire group B first, any organization originally made up of group A will find itself with a disproportionate number of group B.

>I think everyone is tribalist to some degree, though I don't see how it can be genetic.
By people who don't feel such an attachment to kin failing to reproduce. Same as all the other genes.

>If I own a business and make enough money to open another one but have to hire someone to manage it, if the person with the most merit is black or (more likely) a Jew, or even a fucking black gay Jew, then fucking give it to the Jew! It only makes sense!
Your definition of merit ought to include their thoughts on merit, then.

There is equal opportunity in the west. Right now what blacks are largely taught is that they're oppressed by whitey and will never get ahead even though there's loads of rich black athletes, movie/TV stars, music artists, there's blacks in politics, and even a black President for two terms. Still, a black person (or anyone really) staying home and being lazy on welfare is an easy vote for the Democrats. Black people can succeed if they try. With all things being equal and all sides trying as hard as possible, would black succeed as much as whites? Probably not, after all, are whites succeeding as much as Asians in America? Not exactly; Asian families make more money than white families on average in the US, and I'm 100% fine with that. Asians are known for the value they put in education and work ethic, and they also don't get divorced as often as whites, resulting in greater success.

Connections do help, yes, and Jews are of a minority in a way that Christians probably haven't felt since the Roman Era. If there's few of you around, you tend to want to keep others like you even closer.

True, ideally the individual I hire based on merit would likewise hire people based on merit rather than going for people based on religion or race or what have you. Though really if a Jew hires a bunch of Jews, it's quite possible that it's still based on merit. You don't really see much in the way of unintelligent Jews out there.

>You don't really see much in the way of unintelligent Jews out there.
Exactly, which is why I value more things than test scores. If we go by merit, sure, whites deserve to be second-class citizens under their Jewish overlords, salvaging their pride only by oppressing the blacks in turn. But I don't want to do that, I don't want communities minmaxed for efficient economies and high GDP, I want a community where I've got a lot of friends and we don't lock our doors.

The readership for first novels is, like, a few people. It has nothing to do with identity politics or some shit. Just, literally nobody reads books and you're asking a publishing company to lose money on your book. At this point, it's like going to a bank and asking for a loan to open a restaurant when your only apparent qualifications are: Well, um, I can really cook well and I once had a dinner party and made steak Diane.

Start by sending stories to literary magazines. Put shit on Medium, send it to some piece of shit outlets, wherever. Just get your voice out there.
It sounds gay but: build a following on social media, whatever social media. I'm not saying get into literary Twitter, but build some audience, no matter who they are.

You're trying to convince an agent or publisher that your book will sell more than 5 copies, while also hopefully making enough money off smaller projects to pay your rent.

If you get rejected by everyone then there is a slim chance that your novel is shit

Pretty decent chance even if you get accepted, to be quite honest with you family.

Reddit the Post

The readership of literary fiction is, like, a few people, full stop. You wouldn't believe how many critically acclaimed novels sell less than 5k units.

>implying OP was peddling litfic

you're a fag. also: stupid

your strategic nihilism impresses nobody

in euro/east asian communities there are high levels of trust. even 2k years ago females could go along the street at night and be safe. the level of interstate confict is also MUCH less compared to other places like the middle east/india, places that have conflict so unending and so intense every village tries to kill every other village.

even 2k years ago in east asia/europe states could encompass territory larger than modern polities of violent minorities

so fck off, kill yourself, and if you keep advancing your bullshit political agenda you're gonna get hanged

Sauce? How many?

thebookseller.com/news/anne-tyler-top-selling-man-booker-longlisted-title-312012

>Anne Enright’s The Green Road (Jonathan Cape) has sold for a total of 8,938.

And Enright is a GIANT in literary fiction.

Hard to get figures on book sales. I always think of Atticus Lish's Preparations for the Next Life. The guy has deep connections to publishing but still only got 2 racks up front and the first print run was 3500 copies. After it won the PEN/Faulkner, they went back to print up another run of 10k books and were using the Amazon print-on-demand service. If they sold that first print run in a couple years, it would have been a success.

This is the OP here. Thanks for all your advice, I dont have time to respond now. Here's an excerpt from my book:

But how much simpler to consider them from afar, from the door, say, or from the corridor and the stairs, the husband in particular, the next morning: examining locks, drawers, cabinets and the like, uncovering and covering, unfolding and folding, all the articles a darker color in a better light—as the wife turns this way. Costume comes to mind, preferable as it is to vesture, to raiment, to disguise, or to my own attire, for that matter, warp, weft, and so forth—though you may prefer her ermine collar, or a table of cropped collars in a funeral parlor, the choke-smock conjuring the body as a dressmaker’s form, or as a diagram of red wounds, or as, more likely, a man in a cutaway, leaving a room.

i, for one, like it but i also think, not very weakly, actually quite vehemently, on second thoughts, that you suck cock, balls included.

Can we see some of your dialogue too? What's the synopsis? I think you might have eaten eighty rejections because this meandering, multi-clausal, poetic style, that sounds pleasant enough in a run, but can soon drift too far, get out of hand -- as now -- is not vogue at the minute. Books in this style tend to be massive as well, probably another stretch for a first time author, so unless every page is riveting, intimate, insightful, necessary, etc. the first thing an agent will do is pass to an editor to halve your byzantine serpentine riffing.

Thanks, here's a bit more:

In certain histories of the romantic tale, ritual dictates a trembling of the hands. Dowagers swallowed rings, silver and otherwise, on such occasions—though I have this point on poor authority. They would trace the initials and burn the pages. Sometimes they hung them on hooks. Yes—oh, well, no. Hers sat—once, that I recall—on the windowsill. The panes and the blinds, a woman in a gown. A geometry of nuptial detail. Which does put it grandly. My wife kept the knife box. Caskets are also used for jewels—is this not pleasant to remember? Spinsters hung theirs on nails—though spikes were more common, I take it. The wall is white, the table blue, the door as clean as a hatchet. To claim an old phrase. Set yours in the drawer, please, or beneath the bedsheet. Wear the ashes, in the manner of a widow. Say the name. In certain histories of ritual, romantic tales are nailed to caskets in the square. The wife burns the husband’s clothing. The husband stands at the end of the corridor, on every floor. We do embrace our examples, sometimes, with undue devotion. The town—it had been founded by a benedict. Commencing with burnt posts on a lawn. Our house was quite plain, I am afraid. Pause here, at the door. Present yourself at the window, as she had, and now remove yourself from view.

What am I reading

Wait ... this is already published ... what are ye playing at lad?

>goodreads.com/book/show/18002361-john-the-posthumous?from_search=true

Lol I thought I was the only one on this board that has read this book, good job. After 100 posts I planned to say it was just a troll.

Was getting caught part of your plan?

>tfw pleasantly surprised
I actually enjoyed that, although I'd want to read it again to actually understand most of it. It's good enough that I'm inclined to google it to see if you've stolen it from somewhere. If not, though, I'd follow user's advice about trying to get short fiction published.

It's also true that there are very very few readers of new literary fiction, so I wouldn't take publishers' rejections as evidence of badness so much as unsellability. You could also try to get an agent.

Oh, damn, it was too good to be true. Oh well, makes the rampant /pol/iticization of this thread easier to bear.

How did you like the book? I've read all of Schwartz, he reminds me McElroy in the way the sentences connect together, or in the ways they don't.

Haven't read him sorry dude, I just copied+pasted a snippet in sleuth work. But I'm intrigued now, I'll check him out

There are countless famous authors whose "great works" were rejected many times. You just have to get it to people who like it and will stick up for it.

>Middle East/India
>Islamic Middle East
>Islamic Pakistan vs Hindu India

I'm sure religion has nothing at all to do with all the distrust and fighting in the Middle East and India. After all, there's been civil war amidst sects of Islam literally since the death of pedophilic Prophet Muhammad, terrorism be upon him, since his death around 620-630AD or so.

So you simply substitute Jew hate for Left wing hate: it’s the same black and white simplistic world view of people on /pol/. It’s a way of finding a simple reason for the problems of society and blaming all on that.

Occam's razor. As a scheming and power-hungry group of aliens from desert clines with interests completely different than our own and whose culture breeds intense hatred of others, it's not much of a surprise that jews are hostile towards whites and behind nearly all of the west's problems. Pretty transparent actually, not complicated at all. Jews write articles daily about "ending whiteness" and are the main people promoting anti-white shit in our culture. It's right there in front of you.

So all those Professors and students in Colleges and Universities who fight against whiteness, they're all Jews?