Worldbuilding: done

Worldbuilding: done
Main characters: done
Plot: ???

What do?

Better start thinkin, bud

I can't stop thinking bro. I can't actually find an interesting excuse to get all the pieces together

I don't write fantasy or sci-fi, but maybe this world isn't where you'll actually write a story in. Or, worst possibility, you aren't interested in writing stories.

>thinking you know enough about your main characters to call them "done" when you don't even know enough about their motivations to get them going

>plot isn't first

You dun fucked up m8. Scrap it and start again.

literally wot

so you did worldbuilding entirely without plot? do you have 10k words of just description?

same applies to main characters sans plot. are they all going to be static throughout the book? or are they going to react differently to plot happenings, in which case you've barely begun to really describe them

The world isn't that meaningful for the plot, probably. I mean, you could adapt the same plot to a dystopic cyberpunk or... I dunno, fucking generic medieval fantasy. The problem is, I just have a quite basic idea. Surely, the characters have objectives (and obviously obstacles), but I can't get all the elements to converge into a ultimate situation. English is not my main language, so if there is a mistake, forgive me :y

Maybe it was my poor election of words, sorry. I mean, I naturally know what gets in the way of the characters and how would they act. I just can't get to create an antagonist, or an idea for an ending chapter. Maybe I just should what some ppl say: "take these persons with their motivations and fears, and put them in the worst situation they could get in"

Not that plot is entirely inexistent. I have mere pieces but can't get all of them to lead to the same conclusion

I intend them to develop through the story, but... Where are they going? I have the initial situation which leads these characters to start their journey and facing problems, but I can't think of a way to merge all the individual conflicts into one ending sequence

*Unexistent? *Unexisting? I don't really know

How the fuck did you do world building and main characters, help!

And who among our past ancestors had the privelage to ask a board of anonymous fucks this question?

ask yourself these questions.
if you receive some kind of answer from faceless data strangers, prepare also to not matter in the scheme of things.

>Worldbuilding: done
>Main characters: done
>Plot: ???

You start with the plot and then add accent through setting and characterization. Start over, bud.

t. book editor

Is it worth going through all the steps one is taught throughout school when writing something (outline, drafts 1+, etc), or is it tedium?
Trying to get back into writing but it has been years since I have churned anything out

Start writing about their every day lives. Who needs plot?

>Worldbuilding: done
>Plot: done
>Main characters: ???

fug

It is your process, not ours...

So, you write both but those are not probably be in the book at the end?

>worldbuilding
You fell for a meme, user. Writing starts with a character and a conflict. Everything else should stem from that.

please do us all a favor and stick to play video games and watching capeshit

>Worldbuilding
easy
>Characters
I have infinite faces
>plot
lmao just start imagine shit
>any form dialogue, at all
What now . . . What now! The images are seen within, but no words can be found.
I can't hold a conversation in real life; how am I to write them! WOE UNTO ME

You can't dissect it into a stale formula without passion or inspiration.
Your approach is fucking retarded.

>hi guys I am making a movie, I have an actor and the sets, anyone got a script?

Fuck you.

This, it's a dumb trick to keep you thinking when you've got nothing worth writing, nothing more.

>plot

pleb