Good books on experiencing ego death?

good books on experiencing ego death?

Dis one

Zhuangzi

To find out actually what takes place when you die you must die. This isn't a joke. You must die - not physically but psychologically, inwardly, die to the things you have cherished and
to the things you are bitter about. If you have died to one of your pleasures, the smallest or the greatest, naturally, without any enforcement or argument, then you will know what it means to die.
To die is to have a mind that is completely empty of itself, empty
of its daily longing, pleasure; and agonies. Death is a renewal, a
mutation, in which thought does not function at all because thought
is old. When there is death there is something totally new. Freedom
from the known is death, and then you are living.

A Private Matter by Kenzaburo Oe. Ego death is not a phenomenon it must be arrived at through living and it is not something you can desire (impossible by nature)

A personal matter * waste my first quads on a fucking mistake

Don't have the pdf but "The Kiss of the Real and Lacan's Ego Death" sounds interesting:
"The absurdist writings of David Wallace Foster and Chuck Palahnuik, as well the art of Cindy Sherman, the new surrealism digital pop movement with Ray Caeser’s polyperverse sexualized girls in Victorian settings along with the grrrlesque poetry movement indicates a surrealist trend reminiscent in America of post- war Europe when surrealism erupted. The ethos and ambiance in these styles speak to the bits and pieces of the subject in states that accentuate moving identities. Identities moving like sand, flowing sometimes cutting the fingers. There is no longer a continuity of self to hold or behold. The institution dissolves, the past dissolves, the world dissolves. The “I” dissolves."

The Function of the Orgasm

Don Quixote. But that's a great one.

There's no such thing as ego-death. Pure ideology

The Psychedelic Experience
Anything on Zen
possibly the Varieties of Religious Experience

Rumi and William Blake for poetry

there’s no such thing as an ego
>pure ideology
neck yourself parackeet

>William Blake for poetry

What are you talking about. I've seen zero relation of this to Blake

>there’s no such thing as an ego

Literally one of the only things we know exists

>To see a World in a Grain of Sand.
>And a Heaven in a Wild Flower.
>Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand.
>And Eternity in an hour.

how can you miss it?

Technically correct, but only because it is only when it dies that you realize it never existed

except that there is nothing there to even realize even that

Neck yourself brainlet

That's not ego death, that's just relating the ineffable imaginative potential of every moment.

Preposterous babble

Such a brainlet I have one whole argument more than you

my diary to be unequivocally honest

>relating the ineffable imaginative potential of every moment.
where did you get this?
could you bring it out and show it to me?

>Preposterous babble
God talking to himself, again

Well for a start Blake is a proud Christian and the concept of 'ego-death' is a degenerate heathen mumbo-jumbo. The fact he instills so much personal agency into the passage "To see" "To hold" is also a disqualifier from some supposed point of desubjectivization

>the concept of 'ego-death' is a degenerate heathen mumbo-jumbo.
I agree, because there is no ego alive to even die and never was

>The fact he instills so much personal agency into the passage "To see" "To hold" is also a disqualifier from some supposed point of desubjectivization
is it?

Dude I'm talking to the other guy who isn't straight up retarded. Take your non-existing self to reddit

I'm afraid the guy you are talking to is your non-existing self

hi

when you're done existing don't forget to turn the light out

I'm going to live forever, sorry

>I'm going to live forever, sorry
I wake up dead every morning

I have achieved spiritual enlightenment. Ask me anything.

what time is it?

>ego Death
>not ego Birth

Helen Keller is what you want to read, brah.

obsession with ego death is pretty cringe
do psychedelic fiends lose all capacity for inward reflection and self-awareness after a certain threshold of serotonergic transmission abuse? do people mistake the apparent "nonexistence of self" revelation for licensed arrogant immutability? flux replaced by acid-brain-blocks, mesh constructed in hallucinogenic fluid - the godly DMT particle which I must not question, the psycho-brain reconstruction the holy drug

Shortcut: inject 150mg of ketamine into the softspot under your shoulder on your chest near your armpit

You wont lose all sense of ego

Just most of it

Alternatively you can snort it. Be sure to weigh the correct amount out. I dont like needles so i snorted, snorting k is a bitch and it burns

Phases of Enlightenment:

1.) I'm not aware.

2.) I'm aware.

3.) I want to kill my Ego.

4.) Fuck, I should've realized that my Ego is just an identity I create; a fractal of my true source, used as a tool to manifest my thoughts upon this plane.

5.) Zen whilst having Ego.

Ego is just a form of expression, don't kill it, just tame the bitch.

This, but instead of ketamine use 5-MEO-DMT which is legal to buy online

Phenomenology of Spirit

Brehs why didn't anyone tell me that ermines are the true chads of the animal kingdom:
"Because of its pure white fur the ermine became a symbol of moral purity and innocence. Even more marvelous, the medieval bestiary tells us, is that the ermine, with its beautiful white coat, would rather die before soiling its fur. According to Aelian, the ermine, falling into a mud puddle, would immediately die of sorrow.

Legend has it that hunters seeking the highly prized fur of the small animal would smear the entrance of its lair with mud, then begin the hunt. Tired and exhausted after a long chase, the ermine would flee to its home, only to find the mud on the entranceway. Rather than sully its coats by running through the filth, the ermine would give itself up to the hunters and dogs who had followed it. Thus the ermine became associated with phrases such as Death before Defilement, and Death rather than Dishonor."

Suddenly the line in Eyes Wide Shut makes more sense

no there is no such thing as an ego, read Metzinger and stop embarrassing yourself you anti-science philosophy faggot

Ermines are punk as fuck. Dis my animal now

Ermines listen to Converge:
And the wildlife was hunted not for heart but the hide
To warm the bones of cowards that were left behind

bump

>Metzinger

Read Graham Harman

Speak English you pseud

Has there ever really been an academic approach to psychedelics? Can you do phenomenology on psychedelics?

If you're a pseud hack of course, but it turns out intelligent consideration is a better path to insight than drug-culture enforced mysticism

I mean I know that a lot of self proclaimed psychonauts try to play the experience as something deep and profound but is it so wrong to think one could come with insight from reflection on such an experience?

Read Kant, we already know all the limits of possible experience simply from basic consideration of the elements of cognition.
Perhaps drugs can be interesting to psychologists (though this I still doubt) but they certainly offer absolutely nothing special to a philosopher.

I'm still reading the Greeks desu, which Kant work goes most in depth on this though? I'll be sure to note it down

The Critique of Pure Reason. Its considered the birth of modern philosophy

I wasn't aware how much he must've written in that. Thank you, user.

Not true, if you already read philosophy and have been for a while psychedelics I would argue are an even more profound experience compared to if you haven't read or tried to understand philosophy at all.

>argument

If you're a fucking idiot maybe

>Oooh pretty colors, woah dude imagine if like stuff was different

Absolute tripe, you're supposed to get over discovering things with your mouth as a toddler

I never said it was necessary for profound insights, you can easily get those without it. As for the effects it does more than just that, I can tell you don't know what you're talking about.
>Absolute tripe, you're supposed to get over discovering things with your mouth as a toddler
What?

>I can tell you don't know what you're talking about.

Easy to claim, meaningless until you can back it up. Such is the junkies plight

Believe what you want, I'm not trying to convince you of anything desu

Except you are and I would prefer you to, that way we actually get some productive discourse going.
This is the problem with junkies, you forget every sober person thinks they have insights and these "insights" end up collapsing under scrutiny from others with shared experience who explain how it can be seen otherwise through common anallogies and descriptions.
A junkie however believes he can hide in the shadows, his beliefs and assertions can't be questioned because the vast majority of interloculors lack this "special" experience that they had, which if they themselves had they would see it their way.
Its epistemologically convenient and it does yourself more disservice on a path towards truth than anyone else. That you take for profundity what is merely the mere supposings on the mere memory of a delirious and warped state.

(You)

>the lowly junkie, confronted by an argument responds with not a single argument

Stay pseud pleb

bump

I Don't Exist by Anonymous

Mustelidae master race

According to my googling these guys played a huge role for Native Americans as well.

"The gifts of weasel are the ears that hear what is really being said and the eyes that see beneath the surface of a situation to know the many ramifications of any event."

This was the weasel's message when the first white people came to North America...

"These brothers have strange new medicines. They will tell us that to live the way we do is wrong. They will confuse us with their talking bark. They have stolen thunder from Sky Father and placed it in their weapons. They have no respect for the animal brothers and sisters, and they make their thunder speak to the animals and kill them. They will make the thunder speak to us also. Their numbers are too many to count and these white brothers will steal everything from us but our spirits. The great dark shadow of the ravenous bird of death has fallen over the People”.

B A S E D Weasel!

hahahaha hey ythere big trucker brother !!! I see you're heading on your way to the eother end of the spiral :-) meet you there slick