Did I mess up?

I gave this love poem to the girl in my group. I told her I liked her at the beginning of the semester, but she told me she isn't looking to date in college. We hung out several times and my one-sided love never bothered her. I bought her a gift at the end of the semester since I won't see her over Christmas, and attached to the poem. She hasn't texted me since. Is it bad?

>Venus, throw wide the gates of mine heart
>Steady me as I sing of unrequited love
>And of mortal beauty unparalleled

>Imagine a cloudless night on a plain or a hilltop
>When the vault of heaven is unadulterated and sable
>But for the multitude of stars that break the vast expanse
>The fire thereof is such as her eyes contain
>Though their colour be of the sea, or of noble sapphire

>Unkempt hair, yea, but so comely
>How divine, how exquisite must it be
>When tressed in all its golden splendor?
>Her skin, what may I liken it to but virgin snow
>As that on capped Olympos?
>Olympos, reaching heavenward, unpolluted by earthly mire

>Need I sing of her dress, so reserved?
>Her mannerisms, so womanly, so bashful?
>Naught but the sight of her lifts my spirit
>Her laughter is my light in the darkness

>She is as described hitherto
>Yet remains as chaste as aegis-bearing Pallas
>Or forest-roaming Diana in her rustic beauty

>What of her oddities, you may say
>Her blemishes unsung, yet conspicuous?
>To this I say, what is a mortal
>But imperfection, if thou wishest to see it?
>Nevertheless, as I see her soul
>In mine eyes she is flawless

Stop it, Robert.

Its probably over. You’re young and this will fade. Keep your chin up and live to love another day bb

If she is Veeky Forums then its fine, if not then you messed up real bad

Decent poem but the references to Roman goddesses and the use of archaic English would bother a normal person. If you're going to write a poem for anyone but yourself, use modern English

I'm glad that you're asking us before you do actually give it to her, despite the blatant lie you try selling us. Don't give this to her, it's pretentious, turgid, humorless, and unconscious of what makes a good love poem. Work on writing a poem that feels like 2017

>Work on writing a poem that feels like 2017
the tiger
is
aroused
yes
YES

I don't define years by their lowest common denominator.

>pretentious
It's not if OP actually reads classic literature.
>humorless
Okay, Shakespeare, why don't you let real poets write? Comedy is trash
> and unconscious of what makes a good love poem
You mean expressing feelings of love? Why should a poem follow any archetype?
>Work on writing a poem that feels like 2017
If OP can't namedrop Greek/Roman gods of all things, she isn't worth dating

Do you go to NYU?

If so, fuck you, and stay away from my ex-gf

>Yet remains as chaste as aegis-bearing Pallas
>Or forest-roaming Diana in her rustic beauty
>Yet remains chaste

You can't write this to a modern girl you autist

>Decent poem
My fucking sides are dying here.

We're both engineers.

No

She actually is, though. She's a devout Christian, that's why she isn't dating during college.

She’ll think you’re fucking creepy for bringing it up dude sadly.

She probably thinks you a massive faggot.

>the artwork is forgiven by the activities of the artist
>he thinks comedy and humor are the same thing
>he thinks he can pull off a deadly serious brooding love poem without humor for a girl who has previously rejected him
>he thinks he expressed feelings of love in a poem whose metaphorical weight rests on the power of descriptions of behavior and denotations of proper name
>he thinks telling a girl she is comely will be received as a complement
>he doesn't demonstrate any willingness to make the words he uses into something that sounds pretty
>he thinks telling a modern woman that she is chaste is a complement
>his big punch at the end is the quite original observation that human beauty is imperfect and that is what makes it so much better
>he got me to write this much about bait

Doesn't matter, it's not romantic that you love her because she's a virgin. It's just creepy and neckbeardish as fuck.

Never try this hard. Girls hate that shit.

>She's a devout Christian
And you likened her to two pagan goddesses.

It's over, this uptight bitch will never spread her legs for you.

Men who want virgins are invariably virgins themselves, and are too afraid of being found out by a more experienced chick.

Evidence: OP's clueless "romantic" gesture.

I've slept with 4 different women, though, 3 of which were one night stands. I've never had a girlfriend for more than a month, so I dream of a perfect relationship and idealize it to this point.

Wrong it's not about sex as much as you think even though it is about sex. It's about having a romanticized ideal of a relationship.

Idealizing people is violence

>Did you just call my hair unkept, user?
It's over, pal. Also,
>mixing Greek and Roman god names
By Jove, you faux-pas'd dreadfully. If she's Veeky Forums, you're done for. If she's a good Catholic (and therefore Veeky Forums), you're doubly done for, as already pointed out. And if she's a pleb--do I have to even say it?--oh, she will be laffin.

this poem isn't very robert, it's devoid of subtle, backhanded insults

Are you me?

If she's not a very specific kind of weirdo, she'll laugh or be creeped out. As she should, this is weird and creepy and the poem is absolute shit.

Give it up dude, she doesn't like you. You'll be better off this way. There are lots of women out there.

Judging by his poem and reaction, there really aren't

also the poem isnt bad. Youre too good for her, king.

The only reason you should write poetry like this is if the girl is somewhat educated in ancient Greek literature and well-versed in a more archaic English. With that said, she probably isn't and this was probably unreadable to her. I hate to say that, man. It's a shame but that's how it goes these days. You should write with your audience in mind. These references most likely went over her head (she's a woman) and were probably off-putting. Also, comparing women to goddesses is called flattery and doesn't work. Most women these days are materialists and probably think any comparison to a goddess is weird.

Don't encourage him.

>Veeky Forums tries to write love poems

This shit needs to be saved. It's just too perfect in how awful it is.

didn't rilke say something about starting with poems about fire hydrants or something? don't write love poetry until you're a master.

There is a 90% chance se that she will not understand your references and think that your a pretentious weirdo. If not there is a 99% chance that she will think you're a virgin creep for praising her virginity. If not there is a 99.9% chance that she will think that your beta as fuck because you put her on a pedestal. That leaves you with a wooping 0.0001% of this working out. Good luck OP, you might consider getting some rope or a gun.

When will betafags just learn poems is a shit idea?
Christ, have some level of awareness here; it's not the 18th century.

>Love poetry
Huge mistake
>To a girl you're not dating
Huger mistake. Also she's lying. She just doesn't want to date you
>At the beginning of the semester
Wew lad. You don't think things through do you.
>Bought her a gift after too
Oh jesus christ.
>No texts.

Nigga cry if you want but don't ever talk to her again. Save your dignity and use it as a learning experience. There's nothing stupid about doing this ONCE maybe. But it should never happen again. You'll look like a manchild otherwise. Good luck m8.

chasteness is a virtue tho, being a whore is disgusting and no man wants to think about other men fucking the object of their affection you cucklefuck nigger

I was best friends with my old girlfriend for a year before we started dating. Not everybody meets and fucks the next day. There is nothing wrong with being friends with a girl, but don't wait on her, go out there and date other women

quick, send her a picture of your cock

This. The poem was a terrible idea if you're ucky she'll accept a dic pic

Pick up Neil Strauss - The Game and learn how to play,...It's over let it go but if you had sent this to another girl in front of her she would probably have being choking on your dick

>In mine eyes she is flawless
Chads getting a real image of her choking on his dong right now, shes even tearing up but she's still swallowing it all, good girl, yeah flawless...for him not for you