Do you agree Veeky Forums?

Do you agree Veeky Forums?

theguardian.com/books/2017/dec/12/double-x-factor-why-women-are-better-writers-than-men?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

>The Guardian

Probably not, but I'll give it a read and get back to you.

Yep, no, I'm sorry, but I just can't get through it. There's a reason I vowed not to open The Guardian again about four years ago.

Jesus Christ, that's one bitter post. Whoever thinks that article is incisive instead of a petty cunt is retarded. Talks shit about Naipaul, yet falls in the same trap, judging everything through the gender lens.

>Every few years, there’s a bit of a kerfuffle when a prominent male writer or aged university professor declares that he doesn’t read or teach novels by women.

>Let's ignore all the thousands of women refusing to read things by 'Dead white men' or by white people at all because well, they're women so who cares what they do?

No, but let’s not pretend that it’s not
just a walking clickbait headline with a mediocre article attached to badly justify it.

Ignore the bait, Veeky Forums.

“You’ll be on the tea towel one of these days,” remarks a character in my most recent novel, [Redacted], speaking to the fictional writer Maude Avery, who is well regarded but eschews any form of public recognition. “That will never happen,” she replies. “They don’t put women on that. Only men. Although they do let us use it to dry the dishes.”
>Towards the end of [Redacted], Maude Avery does in fact find herself on the legendary tea towel but, as she says herself, it’s not much of a legacy. Who wants their face to be used for eternity to dry someone else’s wet coffee cups?
WHAT DO YOU WANT!?
MAKE UP YOUR MIND
This is just some bullshit virtue signalling controversy to sell his bullshit novel.

Franzen BTFO

Shoo shoo /pol/, we have no interest in literaturegate or whatever non important controversy you want to do now

Its like when a disgusting obese woman claims to be beautiful, its so propsterous that its petty to actually dispute her

I boycott non male writers for a year every time one of these articles comes out. I haven’t read a non male in 3 years. I can’t say I miss them.

everyone knows the order of prose

lesbians>>>>>>faggot pederasts>>>faggots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>straight male with weird fetish>>straight female>straight male>>>>>>>neckbeard male>neckbeard female

everything from the straight female on is genre fic and can safely be disregarded

Same, I used to not care about the gender of a writer and was open to reading female writers just to see a different perspective.
Then SJWs keep beating into my head that gender affects quality of writing and it's a political act to read someone so it makes me lose my tolerance for minorities and women

That text is so poorly written, almost to the point that it's indecipherable.

u mad

no, not at all

u mad as hell lmao pmsl @ u lil naziboy haha

>I read 113 books this year, 84 of them published in 2017
>females are better novelists than men

this really triggered my delicate sensibilities on the internet

And what the fuck are these no-names bragging about not reading women? Veeky Forumspol/'s favorite literary critic put Austen, Woolf, George Eliot, and Dickinson in his top 26 crucial authors of the western canon list. Who the fuck cares about some nobel laureate that nobody has even read?

Author wrote The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.
If he’s dumb enough to believe in the holohoax he isn’t worth reading.

>Veeky Forumspol/'s favorite literary critic put Austen, Woolf, George Eliot, and Dickinson
Who's this feminist? IS it bloom? If so, he a jew. No women deserves to be on the top 50 list

He’s a kids book writer. He probably read 100 kids books

If women want women on tea towels, can’t they just get the licensing rights and do it their owndamnselves?

Also we really ought to nuke Ireland if these literary tea towels really exist.