*SHOTS FIRED*

*SHOTS FIRED*

Both me btw

Women are truly forever confined to plebdom.

She's actually just mad that she and her husband rejected Ulysses and missed out on the fame.

>woman author
dropped

To be fair, this was a pretty common reaction to Ulysses at the time. Revolutionary artists are rarely recognised by their own generation.

She said this originally but mentioned in her writer's diary that she had changed her mind - proceeding to highly praise Joyce as a writer and Ulysses - after re-reading it. Her personal dislike for Joyce stemmed from her pseudo-aristocratic, Patrician upbringing and the general social class of the Bloomsbury set which didn't jibe well with Joyce's lifestyle/Bohemianism - living off Stanislaus' pay checks whilst abroad, constantly moving in his youth due to his father's debts etc.

Not to mention she was cunt-blasted that she rejected it for the Hogarth Press. Imaging how many sets of 3 Guineas and Room's of One's own she could've donated had Hogarth Press published Ulysses.

She was seriously envious of the fact that he was able to succeed in doing what she attempted in Mrs. Dalloway. Also her snobbishness and high-minded affectations kept her from openly appreciating a novel as obscene as Ulysses. She probably liked it in secret.

This is a woman hate thread, retard. Stop defending roastwhores

You'll never write anything as good as Woolf's worst work

Most people itt have pointed something like this out, but she was pretty mad some decaying-middle-class irish alcoholic pleb beat her at her own game, but they're both fantastic authors tee bee eigh

Anything is better than Three Guineas

she's right tho

Let's not forget would be a shitty human even if he was a decent writer.

>But this is woman in fiction. In fact, as Professor Trevelyan points out, she was locked up, beaten and flung about the room. A very queer, composite being thus emerges. Imaginatively she is of the highest importance; practically she is completely insignificant. She pervades poetry from cover to cover; she is all but absent from history. She dominates the lives of kings and conquerors in fiction; in fact she was the slave of any boy whose parents forced a ring upon her finger.

"Any boy"; give her away to a high-status man, no complaints whatever.

T O S H

O

S

H

You mean after hearing what others had to say?

samefag

Woolf is great though. Best female writer I've ever known anyways. Better than many male writers even.

>Best female writer I've ever known anyways.
Yourcenar at her best >

Her books read as if they were written by Joyce; only that her characters and plots are awful.

P A T R I C I A N

wtf i love horses now