Isn't this amazing? People are reading again. They're discussing fiction. They're analyzing every detail...

Isn't this amazing? People are reading again. They're discussing fiction. They're analyzing every detail. Regular people who spend time 'binge watching' tv series no less. I feel like Veeky Forums has just broke cultural ground in a way it hasnt since the 60s when novelists were rock stars and actually impacted and changed the cultural landscape. Huge props to the author for finding the exact middle ground in the battle of the sexes to infuriate both sides.

>Horrifying

OMG He literally called me a bad word
I literally have PTSD now!

I too am pleased by this.

>dude, Harry Potter and Sixty Shades of Grey sold well, it's a literary renaissance!!

FUCK OFF

This thread isn't about the work itself, its about the fact its the first time I personally can ever remember a non-meme piece of fiction going viral like this

Hurray! Now they can consume more poison to end up in the oceans; thanks, mass consumerist culture.

Those are gateway books into the world of literature.

So great, they grew up and now they're reading Da Vinci Code. Really wonderous.

lol, what immeasurably small fraction of the people who read harry potter will ever read the iliad?

Hehe, they're not as smart and fulfilled as us

If you'd stop acting like such a cunt you could probably convince people to read what you like instead of that garbage.

can you imagine being SoBrave you’ve had sex with 133 men since 16 years old, you’re a 25 year old barista now. definitely a woman, a proud eoman Nd this little cuck ball slim fuck SMELL NIGGER has the nerve to ask you out and hou sy yes becuas eyou know what? you deserve the tight to humilate this little shrimp dick fuck nugget for your GURLS and you’ll probably get YO ASS EAT GURL by this little slave boy cuckman buttboy. And you etnertaint him and he’s nice enuff but you know he iust wants the butt the hutt in his mouth and uou know you’re worth at least ::: of thee skinjob balding manlet fag tosses so you make him play your games and have sex with 3 men int he interim between initial text and akshual contact. so you let hom know you wanna see him and it goes bad because he’s just a fucking hitch and youmfr worf probz like a t least a 8” dick honey, so u kizz him becauz whyt not rige? so you kizz him and hz makin googoo baby boy little shrim pwn mon eyez at you and you just know he demandz the PUUSSS. and you jkwow h’ll fiolently rayp you if you fon’t Acquiesce so ju gake him baq hom and fuggg him and its a woe-full fug and suck and suck fuck and he’s just all sweaty and mansmelly and sad and barely hard because he never ebin uses his prnus to violste women’folks throat orifices and you just pregend to moan because hemll kill you if you don’t all these shrimpyboyz are cereal killaz as has been foretold bu the order of whyte knight who lurk Veeky Forums wnd post about it on R333xxit and then you get him to leave and clak over a crack squf of chads to pound the untermensch untouchabpe out of your cevickzzz and f33l immensly better at the end. nd then dayz) or weeks lol who knowzzz imabarsmista eery day is the same lolololol !!!! *crying sobbing desf inside emoji*( and then he has da nerv to tex you about sein you again and your gurls are like SW33t13 U MU$T ABANDON THIS COURSE OF ACTUON LESS WE PUNSIH YOU FOR LOWERING THE MEAN SMV OF OUR COVEN GO NOW AND RELEASE YOUR THRALL OR WE SHANT THINK TW1C3 OF OUTTING YOU AS A HEAVY BELEEEDER TO NIGGER CHAD and so she GH0STS ON HIM and he callz her a bicc and she’s like WOWOWOWOWOWOW AND there was much weeping and gnashing of tteef and the cuckman butt boy was eternally azzMAD

unironically this
That's how I know some of you lads can't into humanities and really understand it's importance

you ok?

that wasn't worth the time it took me to write this

this whole thing seems forced

There's nothing wrong with Dan Brown you insufferable cunt

>can't into humanities and really understand it's importance

I have a degree in Phil and Lit and don't have a clue what this importance you're referring to is

to read it you mean? you’re a slow reader

Other than his writing and hair, no, there isn't.

t. Robert

Hey Whores,

My name is Robert, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are shallow, judgemental sluts who spend every second of their day sending stupid ass text messages. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever not ruined your pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than making fun of people in sports bars.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I pretty much have nothing left to lose. I was a friendless loser in highschool, and got my ass kicked by the entire basketball team. Which sports teams did you fuck in highschool, besides "jacking off naked Chads beneath the bleachers"? I also have a grade'A taste in candy, and have a banging hot appetite (l just took a shit; Shit was SO splash). You are all whores who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my Red Vines

Yeah, they're discussing one new yorker short because it's politically relevant and made to get people's attention. I guess it's a fucking literary explosion, what a cultural shift!
And wow, I guess somehow Veeky Forums had something to do with this! Thank you for pointing this out, OP, I didn't know.

>it's politically relevant

What, no it isn't

*tips divacup*

>What, no it isn't
You're a fucking retard or you don't live in the first world.

im high and sleep deprived and i write better than both of you in my shitposts lol

OK, hot take

the story has nothing to do with gender, it's a justification of people's revulsion towards fat and ugly people, a morality play that ends with an 'all is right with the world – I'm right to hate physically disgusting people because their souls are disgusting too'

He was also following her

Quality post

Please for the love of god don't make this a meme.
It's not even a remotely funny or satisfying story. It's just a bad work that's so bad it's bad.

For a board about literature - and one that so frequently memes "lel reading for plot," "you all don't seem very good at discussing it. All allegories are fiction, but not all fiction is allegory. The New Yorker reserves its normative content for the non-fiction sections.

I've never understood this quote. How is anyone supposed to be able to tell good from bad without reading it in the first place? Simply going by recommendations by others isn't a reliable source, not to mention that doesn't solve the fact someone still had to read something 'bad'

hating fat people is fine, it's asking me to empathize with the retarded girl where i draw the line

>shame someone for being inexperienced at sex
>get shamed for being "overly" experienced at sex at a young age.

WHAT A VICTIM.

Thsi was a journey

that's exactly why you can't escape from reading them you moron

There's so many good stories
and people argue about this

>lol
No you don't. Ironically using lol is worse than using it seriously.

I remember when we had short story threads and how there was a half-assed discussion for Bartleby that died. Yet we get several threads with essays and heated debate for this drab culture bait.

Bad books shouldn't be published in the first place.

She’s not like other girls

Half right, it’s an excuse to hate fat men

askhually i am and ur a pretentious faggot lolololol jealous nigger

That's sad desu

I'm not that guy but I don't live in the first world. Why is that stuff political for the first world?

It is. Its all a big phony show

Its not, he's mistaking gender relations as inherently political rather than just regular life

You put the book down when you realize it's bad instead of pushing through

Seconding this. Also my name is actually Robert and if it has to be a meme I'd prefer it to be pic related tbqh

The hability to talk about things that are relevant to your audience is a virtue

how does Veeky Forums keep having such great hot takes on this story? I swear it was written just for Veeky Forums to process

Have you read it? The fa/tg/uy asks if she wants him to make some eggs after they've had sex at his.