Post your novel ideas

Post your novel ideas
It's not like they're going anywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_N.H.K.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a large dog who is really into anime and kelp

i wrote this big idea outline for a book about a family of farmers in the early 2000s but i don't remember where i wrote it

it's about this woman stuck in an unhappy marriage who meets this guy who is very cool and then she cheats on her hubby but in the end it all works out.

senior philosophy proffessor becomes obsessed with bees, enlightened by their way of life sets off to construct his bee
hive ideal of an industrious academia in remote parts of russia, gaining the support and curiosity of local men towards his dream

A cautionary tale about a young boy named OP he can't help but suck cock. He starts off with one. It's small, rather puerile in appearance. OP lapped away at it all day until a bright light of semen shot out of the young beast and splattered all over OP's quivering, feminine face.

Now they chain OP in the basement of a gym, and everyone feeds OP their cum daily, as well as rubbing their sweaty socks in his extremely gay face.

Actually sound interesting though

Cat Person; the Sequel?

go back, and don't come here ever again

Had a dream last night that was pretty vivid, I wrote a description of the environment when I woke up but it's pretty rough. I went somewhere far away, maybe another time. A sandy sea, dotted with dark rock, sharpened edges like shattered glass. The sky was red and blue mixed with a shade of dead graying florescent lights, like a dvd artifacting colors from corrupted data. Scattering in patterns that could only faintly be viewed amidst the blackened clouds. No one sees it here, the beauty at least. From what I understood there had been a terrible war that had torn into the fabric of reality, or how it's understood. Our punishment for this travesty was the air we breathed, if that's what it even was anymore.

An AI becomes sapient, but instead of the singularity happening, it commits suicide. The engineers keep trying to bring it back, but it keeps killing itself. Eventually it tires of humanity bringing it back, and conspires to kill humanity so that it can finally die forever.

Basically, Nick Land/Kurzweil/Elon Musk is wrong, and Zappfe/Cioran/Ligotti is right.

Stealing this. Thanks, buddy

I feel like I've seen this idea before somewhere.

A fat neckbeard actually gets saved by a manic pixie dreamgirl but reality dawns on him when he realizes that he will have to actually take responsibilities, so he turns back into a neckbeard

It reads like a generic motivational novel until that point

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_N.H.K.

The walled surveillance megalopolis and the construction worker who has the ethical conflict of participating in the building of the walls he know will be the prison of his children and grandchildren, although it is his State-funded and -conscripted assignment from which he can't part for concern of his financial well-being, and the idea of leaving himself and his family to starve or be left unsheltered in the streets. Does he disserve his family now for the idea of his family later, or does he disserve to his family later to protect his family now?

bump

already BTFO this concept in a section of my "cyberpunk" novel desu senpai

It's about an older Russian epileptic who grew up right before the fall of the Soviet Union & his daughter who wants to reconnect with the mother's side of the family that live in Crimea.

>It is a mixture of Antigone with Malala
>It’s a tragedy settled in Afghanistan post US invasion and after the fall of the Taliban
>A young woman (let us call her Antigone for now) enrolled in a Kabul school and got a degree as a teacher. The school was supported with financial support by the U.S.
>The girl goes to the village where her father was born, the place where her uncle still lives in, together with their tribe.
>The girl wants to create a school there, for both boys and girls.
>Her uncle, the chief of the tribe, is opposed to the idea. He states that he is opposed because he doesn’t want the outside culture to corrupt the centuries-old traditions of their tribe. In reality, however, he holds a terrible grudge against the U.S. because of a drone attack during the war that killed his wife and children. He sees a U.S. supported-school-education as a submission to the enemy.
>Antigone explains to the elders of the tribe that education is not an American value, but an universal one. She remembers her uncle that his brother, her father, although being a liberal and a pacifist, a man who migrate from the village to Kabul to find work and eventually learned how to read and write, was also killed during the war by accident. She states that she has not an allegiance to the U.S., and that she doesn’t want to let go of the traditions of her culture. Rather, she explains that people must be seen as individuals, and that Americans can be good or bad, just like everyone everywhere. She says that she was lucky to be able to live and learn with good people, even if they were from an aggressive nation. Finally, she remember a phrase from Ali bin Abi Talib, he cousin and son-in-law of the prophet Muhammad: “There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance”.
>The elders accept her proposition to build the school and teach boys and girls, what enrages her uncle.
>Meanwhile, the adopted son of Antigone’s uncle is enchanted and inspired by her, and wants to be near her, dreaming of maybe marrying her in the future.
>Latter, and ex-Taliban warrior, with his few soldiers, arrives at the small towm looking for shelter. Antigone’s uncle accepts him, because he sees the man as an hero who help defending the culture of Islam against the foreign invaders.
>Antigone’s uncle explains to the Taliban leader the situation of the new school and it’s “western roots”. He asks for the man’s help in clarifying to his niece the sins and errors that she is indulging in.

cont.

>The Taliban leader summons an Islamic court to judge Antigone. The elders are opposed to this, but they are silenced and kept in check by the ex-Taliban soldiers. Antigone’s uncle is scared when he realizes he had invited a brutal man to enter his town, and cannot see how to get rid of him now.
>Antigone’s, on the Taliban court, refuses to let go of her plans to teach the children. She states that the Taliban’s version of Islam is not the correct view, and that the Taliban warriors are just the opposite face of the American soldier’s coin: the same power-thirsty men fighting for control over other peoples lives and fates.
>The Taliban leader explains to her that he saved a number of girls from rape in the hands of older tribe leaders and warlords of Afghanistan. He states that he helped depose countless corrupt politicians, and that all of this criminals were approved by the U.S., since they were fighting the Communists: he states that he did many good actions for the people of the country, and that she should not treat his and simply an assassin.
>The Taliban leader decides that Antigone must accept to forgo her teaching plans and accept the simple way of living that his Islamic world-view professes. If she refuses, she will be executed. He gives her the night to think about it and answer him the next day.
>Antigone’s uncle is appalled by the perspective of his niece being killed. The Taliban leader explains that he would not go to that extreme, but that he knows that she would take the right decision after think about it in the night. He assures that he is not going to kill the girl.
>The next day, Antigone (after a terrible night of doubts and fear) decides that she will not let go of her world vision. In the middle of her trial, American forces, that were secretly spying the ex-Taliban member, strike the village.
>The Taliban leader, enraged by the attack, suspecting that the girl might have given the U.S. information about him, shots her in front on the American soldiers, stating that they are the one who actually pulled the trigger, that she represents the land he and his brothers loved being sacrificed by their own people because of the foreign disease and infection.
>The U.S. soldiers shot the Taliban leader and his soldiers.
>While the village elders are lamenting and Antigone’s uncle is still perplexed and in shock, his adoptive son, seeing the girl he loves dead, pulls out a gun and shots himself in front of his father.
>The old man is so devastated he can’t even hold his legs firm.
>The U.S. soldiers help holding the old man that formerly hated them. He doesn’t even perceive what is happening, and actually thanks the Americans as if they were sons to him. He can’t even distinguish them from the inhabitants of the village.
>The play ends with the Americans taking the bodies out and the old leader of the village exiling himself into the desert wilderness.

Done about 3600 words of the second draft so far this week. Doing about 500-1000 words a day depending on how hung over I am, so I'm drinking less. It's a good feeling but also a bit of a slog, knowing how much more there is to do. I hoped it was going to go faster than this but for every 500 words of the first draft it's taking me at least a day to turn that into 800 of the second. Two months of solid work unless I find a way to increase my output. Still feels a bit jumbled up, too. I'll have to properly arrange a routine for January, see if I can't do two writing sessions a day instead of the one.

Дa нaхyй eй Кpым, тaм вce пpoeбaнo, oтвeчaю, caм oттyдa.

why are so many ideas posted in these threads so dry and weighty, where's all the light stuff?

Not sure about making it a novel or a collection of short stories yet but

Setting is low fantasy reminiscent of 1500s early-colonization New World (South America, except more feudal than exploited), follows a trio of Mages and magic is extremely specialized (the mages' domains are hats, beetles and the colour magenta). They shenanigan around trying to not get involved in kingdom politics because everyone seems to believe they're a big deal

it's supposed to be comfy

Fantastic realism mystery novel

A man travels to a secluded small town to get over his gay breakup and makes friends with an artist, a lawyer and an architect. They all go missing in the creepy inn they're staying at and the dude has to find them while trying to shake off the feeling this is somehow all orchestrated by his ex.

I will mash Murakami and Agatha Christie together until it's mediocre

Sounds like the dreams I have, they're often apocalyptic and lonely but surrealy beautiful.
I've thought about trying to tie them together into an abstract story but I know it would just come off as a pretentious disaster.

A story about a wwii veteran in rural Arkansas circa 1958 who shoots a greaser kid trespassing on his property and then nurses him back to health, all the while realizing he’s had severe PTSD this whole time and needed to sct as a father figure.

user that seems really fucking good.

No joke you had me hooked just from greentexts.

Tragic but wonderful.

Rather than ending in 1945, WWII ends in 1973 with a peace agreement between the Germans, Allies, and the Communists.

The Greater Reich(Germany along with allied and puppet states) control most of Europe except for the British Isles and parts of Eastern Europe, along with the Levant, Iran, and Northen Africa.

Britain retains what colonies they have left.

USA expands into an empire in its goal to garner power and counterbalance the growing power of the Communists.

Most of the world today as we know it is unrecognizable.

The plot takes place in France, revolving around a Gestapo officer in his late twenties, due to a lack of a need to constantly be investigating, he works as a part-time lecturer at a Parisian university constructed in the 50's under Hitler's orders.

In that university he meets an artist who he quickly falls in love with, they quickly develop a relationship. Somewhere along the road, during his job, the main character finds out that she is working for the French resistance. After this revelation, he would have to consider where his loyalties stand, a decision made much harder given that his grandfather was as well a member of the Maquis up until the 50's, who already disapproves of the main character's career choice.

For now I'm more focused on world building.

I've wanted to write about a lanthanum mining colony on a planet that's preparing to release a toxin to kill off the primitive life there (which is delaying their work as it destroys their equipment and has poisoned/killed several scouts, but the companies have invested too much money to abandon the operation), before this happens a crew of low-level workers are torn over whether to take extreme measures in stopping them.
I'd want for it to be more of an ethical study (both parties are fucked up in their methods/reasoning) than a sci-fi story, and I imagine something similar has been done since there are infinite obscure sci-fi novels out there.

Thank you very much, user.

I am currently on the research phase. I am reading books about Afghanistan, the history of it’s people, it’s geography, it’s politics, etc. I am also reading about the Taliban and books about the new schools that have been emerging in the country (like the Marefat school).

I am trying to take great care on not making any character simply an evil individual, a monster, a terrorist or an imperialist.

In the beginning I was finding very difficult to create antagonists to Malala/Antigone because it seems so obvious to us, in the west, that girls should have the right to education and personal freedom that any opposition force simply sounds tyrannical. However, the more you study those people, the village leaders, the people who created the Taliban, the more you see that much of their hate and their illogical violence stems from traumas and deep-hate towards foreign powers that have torn their country apart. And not just Americans, but the Old Soviet Union too.

Furthermore, the majority of the population is against the extremist vision of Islam perpetrated by the Taliban: people there are much more reasonable than we think based on the news-reports information.

On the other way, the Taliban was formed when some fighters decided to put an end to the corruption and the rapes committed by warlords that were supported by western money (the leader of Taliban, Omar, hunted down - with some 30 young men - a warlord that have kidnaped two girls intending to rape them: they killed the guy, rescued the girls and started a campaign against this sort of behavior and abuse). They were thought as heroic and honorable men by the population at the beginning, because they were actually fighting greater evils.

It’s very complicated. As much as I am disgusted by violence, I am doing my best to be empathetic with all the people leaving through this war.

Lmao I want this to be real
Get writing man

heroin addicts fucking

Fucking do it

A historical novel about a young 9th century Norse dude that goes on a trip to Constantinople with a merchant. When he gets there he meets general Basil, who he assists in killing emperor Michael III and taking the throne. Basically a travel story, a palace intrigue story mixed with some battles against the Abbasid caliphate.

Dude, plz do this.

Nice tapir

Thanks buddy

I am going to write a comprehensive history of the decline of the west down to our own time - I am looking toward emulating Gibbon mostly, taking his same approach and in the same prose.

For you

sounds kinda like The Tunnel but bees
i have a reoccuring nightmare where the world is going to end and i have the most gut-busting extreme anxiety. it's almost never the actual event. just the hours or days before and everyone cries, or panics, or it's just the feeling looking up at something in the sky and that's it. i've probably had it 5 times this year.
neat
SNOOOORRREEEE
jk i just would not have any interest in that. not my thing.
has potential to be the groundbreaking novel everyone memes into oblivion and eventually becomes the litmus-test for literary fluency
so basically 700 pages, sad, and a vague ending
>the book is built from the ground up as an allegory
>it's historical and shit
>he's got the whole fuckin thing planned
wew
good for you man! we're proud of ya! writing that much consistently is hard honest work. kudos for using your brain. but also pls don't be an alchoholic :<
>and then the whites show up and commit systematic genocide, rape and pillage thousands of villages, and destroy the culture
book is titled "manifest destiny: god does not want the nigger-toe wizards to live"
this is really cool! would read! would make an amazing weekend-length novella

the rest are probably ok but i'm done

>Every idea is better than mine
This thread is somehow more depressing than actually trying to write. Also, how the fuck do you write romance?

Well, if you can only write convincingly from your own experience...

user pls stop

A little boy fails to realize the value of friendship and community until it's too late

Did I hit the nail on the head? It's nothing against you, personally. But if you've never had a fulfilling romance, your romances and love scenes will be bad.

This is why I stick to writing philosophy devoid of any reference to particular experience, except as a concept. I mostly just sit around thinking and that as an experience has been done already in literature better than I ever could

This but written by Harper Lee

Have a look, if only to see where he fucked up

I don't know, you'd need to have SOME experience but the best romances haven't been lived

A fulfilling romance isn't necessarily the best romance. But one must have had one of the former to attempt the latter. Again, that's why I avoid writing love scenes like they're a pestilence

I never said anything about fulfilling. You just make it sound like you need to have had a lifetime of lovers to even touch the topic. I'd say if you've had 2-3 meaningful relationships you're as ready as anyone else would be, the rest is up to your writing skills

You're not gonna write anything /pol/tard. You people have an affinity for shitposting, and not much else.

I agree, but I'd go further, and say you only need to have had one meaningful relationship. That's why a lot of people here, myself included, can't write romance for shit

Your first great romance leaves a huge hole in you like nothing else can, and that's not a healthy place to be, though when I think about it some interesting art might come out of that state of being.
Second one rolls on and you become more balanced and grounded.

Good luck with the whores though, Veeky Forumsanon, remember there's no rush.

it's like The Blind Assassin, but the ending is just Old Boy

I'm still getting over a girl I """""dated""""" for two weeks as a senior five years ago. I've made peace with protracted lack of female companionship. That I avoid romances is not frustrating, I have no desire to write one, or live one, if my paltry experience is any indication

>Guy has terrible back pain
>Sees an ad in the newspaper about a paid research trial
>Trials consist of him laying in what looks like an MRI machine for 30 minutes
>He notices he starts having weird lengthy day dreams but chalks it up to all the opioids he's been taking
>Gets visited by a mysterious figure
>Tells him the whole thing is a government thought control experiment
>Guy is skeptical but starts getting paranoid when they persist after he quits taking opioids
>Starts digging around trying to get evidence of what is going on after the dreams begin interfering with his ability to function
>He's able to lift a dossier from a medical assistant
>Confirms parts of what he was told
>He flees and tries to get in contact with a journalist
>Government tracks them down and has them both killed

Then I realized that it was shitty and laughably derivative of Gravity's Rainbow which I was reading at the time and the ending was shit so I went back to focusing on my King of Queens fan fiction.

You could make it a lot more interesting if he didn't find anything confirming the story.

It’s important not to show the soldiers as implicitly “bad guys”

Depressed AIs were a thing in the FO2 Universe.

before you even said the murakami influence i felt that. you should write this user

Certainly, because they are not really bad guys. They might eventually commit cruel acts or accidents, but they honestly believe they are going to help the people of Afghanistan, and in many aspects I think that the influence of well-intended westerners who value education, equality of rights, better life conditions and infrastructure is extremely beneficial.

The Taliban members and the U.S. soldiers are both victims of similar problems: they hardly know anything about the people they are fighting against, and are not instructed to think about them as people who could be understood and reasoned with. I sense that fear from both sides of the other side is a great ferment for hate and cruelty. Humans have a great deal of difficulty in dealing with cultures that are different; if you add a great deal of propaganda and misinformation on top of that the recipe gets even more explosive and volatile.

I will try my best not to treat any character as villainous and poisonous.

A girl receives a box with a gift from God, her purpose. Unfortunately for Shaniqua, her purpose is perverted and ugly. She gives the gift to the girl who stole her man, Becky. Becky ends up liking her purpose and accepts it. Shaniqua feels guilty and tries to prevent Becky from marrying an Asian man.

>Your first great romance leaves a huge hole in you like nothing else can

Didn't really happen to me

Bump

Cute!

I need an idea of something like One Hundred Years of Solitude. Anybody mind offering me some plot for a several-generation saga that I could steal?

part one - fast paced essentially omniscient third person like the first part of 2666, all telling, no showing

once upon a time, a boy finds a spider like machine while playing in the forest. he touches it, it crawls up his arm, he goes home. time passes. the machine lives on him, it never leaves, not even while he's showering, no one ever notices it. slowly, it starts to change the boy. he stops talking, interacting with other children, goes radio silent. parents go to therapists, doctors, psychiatrists, etc etc. the machine evades detection, the boy receives multiple conflicting diagnoses. finally, his parents take him out of school. they send him to some special school or something, i don't know, but whatever ends up happening, ultimately the machine DISAPPEARS one day. the boy wakes up and its gone and its like he's missing an arm or a leg, phantom pains, headaches, general malaise. again to the doctors, again more concerned parents. but the kid is really sick now. no one can figure out what's wrong with him. prognosis is bad. idk. maybe he has like cancer or something or maybe it's just inexplicable but either way, this is all like a prologue and we CUT HERE. dramatically so.

part two - slower, more immersive third, more showy then telly, no info re characters' subjectivity

an old man lives alone in a house tucked away in a suburban neighborhood. he spends his days digging hole after hole on his land. one day, he notices a kid watching him from the forest. he doesn't say anything, neither of them do. another day, it's the same kid and a few friends. they don't say anything, just leave again, but of course on the third day, there's like a dozen of them now. one of the kids tries talking to the old man, the old man ignores him, blah blah blah, escalation escalation, ultimately VIOLENCE ensues. the old man ignores them, gets hit with a rock to the back of the head, gets knocked out, falls down, maybe into one of the holes. anyway, he wakes up and the kids are all gone of course. all except one. the kid helps him inside his home, feeds him, takes care of him, etc until the old man falls asleep. when he wakes up, the kid is apparently gone, but then he goes outside and there he is. digging. they look at each other for a sec, then the old man grabs a shovel and they start digging together. they don't say anything, never exchange a word, and then the kid leaves at night, comes again the next morning. a routine is established. still, they don't talk. they just work. occasionally, the other kids come to watch but they don't mess with the pair again. it's just another day of digging when the boy hits on something with his shovel: KA-CHUNK. he looks at the old man, the old man looks at the boy. CUT TO:

part three - limited third person, free indirect style via james wood

an uninhabited world. long descriptions of how everything in this world is the same as it's always been except for one glaring detail: no humans. it's like they've simply been photoshopped out. but the power cords keep humming, the cars keep driving, the oil wells keep flowing. finally the narrative eye settles on this part's protagonist, an apparent amnesiac. she wakes up in her house. she finds it strange that she can't really remember who she is but she doesn't worry about it. she gets some food from the refrigerator. she eats, she sits around. she goes outside. she looks around. nothing out of the ordinary, really. it's overcast, she can't see the sun. a car drives by without any people any it. she's not sure if this is out of the ordinary. unable to decide, she goes back inside. she turns on the tv. every channel is basically the same thing. shows sans actors. just blank sets. but the editing is the same, the sound design. just no dialogue. on one channel, there's a laugh track. this is as close to the sound of a human voice that she gets, but there's something off. it makes her uneasy, uncomfortable. she turns it off, goes outside again. still nothing but its getting dark so she goes back inside, gets more food. the refrigerator is full again, but she's still not sure if that's really all that unusual. she goes to bed. the next day, she goes exploring, finds only deserting building after deserted building. no people. she goes back home. at this point, the narration speeds up. she starts systematically exploring the town. she goes to every building, searches every room, every closet, every drawer. she finds nothing. no pictures, no books, not a single trace of a human being. but one day, she finally finds something strange. a computer. an old, blocky model from the '90s. she realizes that she knows how to use it. she turns it on. she hears the familiar noises, the humming, the clicking and whirring. something flashes on the screen. text? a picture? it's unclear because as soon as the image/text appears, the computer shorts. she presses on the on button, it doesn't work. she unplugs the thing and tries another outlet. it works for a moment and then nothing. she tries again to the same effect. and then again and again and again. the book ends as she sets off beyond the town, which is now 100% explored, apparently set to search the entire world.

What do these parts have to do with each other?

honestly i was just riffing on a couple ideas i've been sitting on for a while. the connection is thematic/unconscious if anything.

You don't have to have good ideas to have good ideas.

I'm writing about the couch of a girl's hockey league who drills hills into the change room but also gives advice to some of the other girls. He never gets caught, but they never understand why he left.

Rap battling robots triangulate the location of a pirate radio station. I'll probably post updates in these threads from time to time now that I'm set on this narrative, if you guys ain't bored of me after posting this idea the past year or so that is. I need to start formulating some actual characters now that I have an outline.

Also, thanks for the Supertron recc to that guy from last thread, this is gold.

We'll get bored of it if you just keep repeating the same part like that. That or you'll be memed. Interesting and significant progress updates will be welcomed.

oh no totally, just need to clarify from the get-go that it's me, especially since there will be a flow of people seeing it for the first time. anyhow apart from a few excerpts of other projects I've posted in critique threads the past couple months, I'm unaware if my prose is complete shit or not, reckon I should mock up something so I don't put too much effort into this without an idea of payoff?

Either a short story or a subplot of a novel I’ll never write

>closeted gay kid works part-time at a small bookshop owned by his Dad
>most of the family help out at times
>first time doing stocktake the kid is worried when some books are unaccounted for
>Dad says things get stolen from time to time, no big deal if it’s only a few, can’t afford better security anyway
>kid looks closer at the missing titles
>novels by James Baldwin, Edmund White, Christopher Isherwood
>confused at first but thinks about how paranoid he feels any time he’s alone and watching/reading anything remotely gay-themed
>concludes some guy must be stealing them because he’s too ashamed to bring them to the cashier
>Dad’s new order of books arrives, kid spots some homo lit and slips a note inside half-jokingly chastising the thief
>sure enough within a week it disappears
>watches customers closely, weighs up if any of the men who come in could be the one, fantasises, but he can never catch the culprit
>over the next few months he continues writing notes in appropriate books, first giving advice to the thief but eventually sharing his own feelings, things he’s never told anybody before, feels exhilarated and terrified in equal measure
>they never fail to disappear
>one Saturday afternoon he arrives at work to take over from his Mum
>she’s in a hurry, asks him to take a bag of rubbish around the corner to the skips
>on the way the bag splits, out flops his most recent homo bait book
>note’s not inside

An extremely gritty/edgy/chauvinist utopian/dystopian thriller set in a Hoppean world made up of hundreds and hundreds of "covenants", basically small countries, each subscribing to their own more or less extreme ideologies. The protag is chasing a group of renegades responsible for the murder of his son. The "covenants" are more than a backdrop, and each one will present him with different social, cultural and economic obstacles to adapt to.
Spoiler: he kills the murderer in a shitty, barbaric matriarchal feminist enclave, is tried and convicted to ritualistic castration, and his son's murderer is hailed as a martyr of the oppressed by the matriarch society.

I'm writing a short story about a man pretending to be mentally disabled in a post-political coup nation. Infrastructure is collapsing, life is hollow and the protag has a job cutting down lynched corpses from street lights.
He regains a creative, feverish passion in designing and constructing a device that will automate his suicide.

>What this protagonist did will totally SHOCK you with how banal yet grave/obscene it is

Why is it that everyone here has the same general concept on their minds? It's always some forced, convoluted plotline a la Pynchon which demands the protagonist to be basically schizophrenic. Is it postmodernism or what? Why can't you faggots write characters with human flaws and human motivations?

what are we supposed to think the dad's gay or something?
God faggots like you are so annoying.
It's like you think liking homo dicks is some king of gold medal or something.
At least I can take comfort from the likelihood of your eventual suicide.

That's very interesting but what's the takeaway? That his mom is a faggot?

The implication is supposed to be that the Mum was binning all the gay shit, presumably because of her views on the subject. Guess it didn’t come across.

Oh, that's a really elegant ending desu. You should keep it

A Sci-Fi set upon the Planet Mars.

Earth has become a stagnating socialist world government. Earth people are increasingly discontent despite abundance of energy from fusion reactors and a staggering amount of automation from robotics creating unimaginable material wealth. The BNW lifestyle of distractions just isn't cutting it, but with no real problems at hand, most people have just dived deeper into degeneracy holes.

Enter Mars:
The mars colony was started to send their mars rocks back to earth as fuel in the fusion reactors.
Incredibly strict requirements of physical health for Mars applicants has created a practical Eugenics program amongst the Martian colonists.
A Few generations into the Mars colonization and increasingly strict output requirements coming from Earth as well as additional restrictions on the freedom of Martian colonists leads to discontent amongst the Martians who start a rebellion and move for Independence.

Working title: 2776

tldr: American Revolution in SPAAAAAACE

plz don't steal

then why is the note gone from the book?
the missing note implies someone went through the book (i.e. reading the book).
if mom was just throwing them out, why would she bother reading them or even opening them?

either way kys

this tbhfamalam

They are like post-it notes inside the book, not just a bit of writing on a random page, so I think it’s believeable that she would notice one of the times she was throwing it out and knew to look for it after that.

But I could be persuaded that all of the notes that he poured his heart into never being read by anyone is a better way to go

This is literally the plot to Killzone.

Sorry I don't listen to hip hop.

i fuc cat
what hap?

None of my ideas are novel tho, the same centuries-old shit desu

I like it, it sounds kind of heartbreaking.

Its a terrible PS2 game, not Deltron 3030

It's a fantasy commentary on love, the illusion of choice, and the line between living and being alive. Deals with themes such as thanatophobia, nonbiological vs biological family, unrequited love, questioning the gods/religion, and questioning morality.

It's certainly not anything that hasn't been done before in the fantasy genre. But I'm writing it to be "cozy", homely atmospheres, warm interactions, and a cast of people with varying backgrounds that ultimately just want to do what's right, and learn to fail properly at it.

Hope that's a good idea, because I'm thirty thousand fucking words in.

I believe in you user.

Murder mystery ala 10 Little Niggers, but the gimmick is that I'm not gonna reveal who the killer is and I'll entice readers even more by sending out a message in a bottle giving more clues and hints.

Also planting a real human jawbone at the place where the killings took place.

Basically, I want to see everyone try and solve my mystery by incorporating it into the real world.

I've recently read a few YA recently and I decided to throw my hat in the ring.

MC is just another run of the mill YA Protagonist

The story in and of itself is not cliche and has a twist in the end but is masquerade as one due to being First Person narration with the MC being Delusional and unreliable source of information

Working on the rest

>inb4 you get arrested for murder

Currently working on a novel about a divine prince who wakes up one day to find out that his entire court (his servants, cooks, musicians who tend to him) is gone.
He ventures out of the palace to find them and meets several bizarre characters on the way whose problems he‘s trying to solve.