I read the cat person short story and it was just typical new Yorker short story fare where some upper middle class...

I read the cat person short story and it was just typical new Yorker short story fare where some upper middle class person feels a few half hearted emotions then it ends and you're not sure whether the story is a barely disguised memoirs excerpt, a pseud over analysing launching pad, or has a simple message. The only reason this story is getting any attention is because it serves up "omg millenial" social practises.

Veeky Forums has over-reacted and I suspect that you are all high schoolers. As a non Chad beta autist I am not offended by the story because any guy who can ask out a woman is a Chad compared to me. The story presents all the "omg fucking stupid r9k!!!" truths in a milquetoast way to people like you. She was repulsed as soon as the guy was quiet and so on

Ultimately I am overall offended that this is supposed to be the pinnacle magazine for short stories yet this barely developed greentext was in it. But I am happy that the academia-media-publishing industrial complex is as creatively bankrupt as I have always said it is.

>Ultimately I am overall offended that this is supposed to be the pinnacle magazine for short stories

lol maybe like forty years ago

>frogposter making yet another thread about a tedious topic as though he has anything interesting enough to say that it's worth the few bytes the thread takes

It's twitter that overreacted, we're just reacting to the reactions.

why didn't you post this in any of the other threads about it? was this really such a profound thought that it deserved its own thread?

Why do you frog faggots keep posting this boring shit

>academia-media-publishing industrial complex

Holy fuck, you're still posting. Holy fuck man.

Let me tell you, you may not remember be. A few years ago, I was wasted on opiates non-stop and spent all my time on Veeky Forums and reading. You kept up the same shitty frogposts for so long I finally quit Veeky Forums for a few months, got clean, reconnected with old friends I had lost during the course of my addiction.

I return a year later to Veeky Forums, start falling into bad habits again - no drug relapse, but just wasting my time on the internet. I see this exact phrase and one of your unmistakable frogposts, and quit Veeky Forums and the internet again.

And here I am now, the exact same scenario, and there you are. Honestly, you're my fucking guardian angel. Every time I see one of your posts, you inspire me to be better. I eventually slip up a little, and lose some of the progress, but never as much as I had gained, and you're there every single time.

Holy fuck man, unironically, thank you.

He has new pastas he posts every day now and has done so for years. He's the most pathetic human being in existence

>dumb frogposter saves someone's life

could you link some of his old threads so i can see dem?

Try googling the phrase user greentexted.

He's the academia-media-publishing complex faggot
He's the London loser
He's the wagecuck faggot
He's the axiom faggot
He's the why read literature faggot

Huh I always thought they were two different but equally cancerous eople

But who is the muh Jews faggot

everyone

That's me, its hilarious how a forced meme can turn an entire board unironically anti-semitic

"media-academic complex" is a phrase often used by Nick Land and possibly moldbug. I think the frogposter may have accidentally picked it up in an act of cryptomnesia or tried to imitate it without realizing its origin

nice try defusing a meme you kike

this is probably one of the most funniest posts I've seen in a while
thanks

He's one of the best posters on this board, show some respect.

Dumb frogposter, you've made me read that piece of shit for nothing.