If Pynchon wrote a movie directed by David Lynch, would it be titled "LynchPyn"?

If Pynchon wrote a movie directed by David Lynch, would it be titled "LynchPyn"?

A page 10 thread died for this.

It was probably shit anyway

>you

Honestly if such a thing were to happen, it wouldn't surprise me

I wish I was in your gaze from across a room where your and I could talk about our tainted windows into this bookclub, so ripples, rant, tanks in Syria singe my semen inside the little yuts, tuck, yuck... ulcer shirt stains from my uncle, I'm sure you're sure you've seen him in the mirror, meadows, frankly in sense, set, in tents with the voice register, alone, screaming hello into deep void of red, moist, bone teeth sticking close to my whispers and where it all fell in; sorry, so sorry, knew it would, candid.

I wish you were more alert so you could avert your eye. War planes and trains and thoughts of fame while chasing naught but material gain leads a man to ruin. Dreams of pastures, lighted plains and one's peaceful abode. A house defaced, a son disgraced by a group of men of such described as boors. The sea sweeps with the winds of East and the trees weep of lost amour. Sorrow? Joy? The wicked ways of man. Open. The double doors agape. Lost, confused, directions followed, navigate. Ask all the souls around for help to find one's wretched fate. Enter the room, that awful room, the door like a heavy gate. In this dreaded room the lover found his mate. In a bed, a pillow under her head, a sheet her body across. Such a shame, oh such shame, their baby a loss

they should open a butcher's shop and call it "Lynchon meat"

Thanks, OP, for making this thread

Bump

What a meme one, Mr. Pynch:
Can he even really feel?
His work's a stranger to itself, and it lacks mainstream appeal, Mr. Pynch
Like a phallic banana with a greasy black peel!

What a paranoid, Mr. Pynch
Your heart's an adenoid
Your brain is full of slothrops, you take cough drops and read Freud, Mr. Pynch
Plus you avoid ever staying employed!

You're a foul mouth, Mr. Pynch
You have shit-streaks in your smile
You wrote a coprophagic treatise 'bout a greasy pedophile, Mr. Pynch
Given a choice between the two of you I'd take the greasy pedophile!

You've got dumb songs, Mr. Pynch
You're the 60s Veeky Forums kid
You've got a closet full of more than sixty skeletons, Mr. Pynch
The three words that best describe you are as follows, and I quote
"Bongs! Songs! Dongs"!

You're a soyboy, Mr. Pynch
You're the king of leftist ploys
You think's a weed's a hearty breakfast, you were racist as a boy, Mr. Pynch
Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful
Assortment of rubbish imaginable mangled up in tangled up knots!

kino

Nice

On a tangential note, I started reading The Crying of Lot 49 the other day, it's my first Pynchon. Am I supposed to be laughing? It's hilarious, I didn't really know anything about Pynchon except that he's reclusive and generally praised by critics, but I didn't expect this book to make me laugh. I was expecting something serious and dark, are all his works like this?

Pynchon is the goofmaster

Seriously, the bit with the disgusting sweets in Gravity's Rainbow is the hardest I've ever laughed at a book

Dude GR was a riot. All the goofy chases around Europe and Slothrop hanging oit with that pig. Mason & Dixon is turning out to be a lot funnier than I thought it would. George and Martha Washington were the highlights so far.

Thanks guys, I'm ordering his other works now. This is one of the most pleasant surprises I've had in recent memory.

Certified quality post

Am I doing it wrong if I'm too distracted by the sumptuous beauty of his prose to get the humor?

Grynch guy here
yeah pynch is a funny dude
hauls gongs n shit
gets mad pretentious with music theory and math though
show off
all smart n shit
fuck him
he's fat bugs

>when Oedipa falls in the bathroom and a can of hairspray flies all around

>Oedipa settled back, to await the crying of lot 49
Did I just read 152 pages for Pynchon to meme on me?

Is Pynchon actually insane? Why are his stories so convoluted and how do you imagine something as ridiculous as his plots?

It's the journey that counts, not the destination

And what a journey it was. I really enjoyed Pynchon's writing style. Do you think I'd like DFW if I liked The Crying of Lot 49?

yes

What I've found is I notice some things more than others on different readings. My first time through MD I thought it was really funny, the second time through it was mostly sadness that came through to me.

yes
TCOL49 is also Pynchon's second worst book