Why don't you open a second-hand book store?

Why don't you open a second-hand book store?

You could drink shitty red wine all day, read and work on your novel!

You don't even need to have an apartment. you could sleep in the office area to save costs.

You could employ a qt literature student over summer.

You could organise evening events (readings, discussion groups etc) that invariably turn into drunken navel gazing

I'm not pretentious enough

Book stores are obsolete, pic related is the only feasible shop you could own

people like analogue books. people like vinyl. people with disposable income like to buy "things"

i loved that programme. one day when i was in london i went to the place where the external shots were filmed. it is actually a bookshop. it's in leigh street, in bloomsbury, about half way between the british library and the british museum.

Sure but the point is there's little entry to a shrinking market and over time there's going to be a hell of a lot less second hand books moving around

I have no money and my credit is ruined otherwise that would be fine.

Loved that show

There's already a pretty great second-hand bookstore in my town

I'd do this if you didn't have to pay taxes.

Needs to be a second hand bookstore that sells coffee too. That way, all the disposable income types can come and be pretentious there.

See: Powell's Bookstore.

I'm gonna inherit 100k Euro in a couple of years and that is pretty much my plan.

What would be the starting capital for something like that? Let's say you rent the space but have to buy everything else

No one in my country reads, several second hand bookstores are closing down.
(but to be fair they were cunts that overcharged a lot)

Shelving's probably the biggest initial cost. Books you pick up en masse from estate sales and the like for less than a dollar a piece. Location's important, though. You have to be somewhere people are poor enough to want to pawn things off for cash from time to time, but have books as the thing they'd pawn. Near a college campus is basically perfect.

this slut is on Episodes and playing a slut again

Yeah I know a pretty /comfy/ location where it will also attract hipster cunts if it has a coffee/chill area as well.
Hm ...

You can always launder money for the local pot dealers, too. Cash businesses are great for that

Yeah that's implicit in any business idea I'd have. I'll keep that in mind, if I get tired of my job I might start researching more seriously

never heard of it till today, copping now, mite b cool

>books are now so worthless you can leave them sitting outside unguarded and not have to worry about them being stolen

lmao

or maybes its just because niggers and chavs don't read books

God knows books are in no danger of being read in your room so why not give them to someone who will

my dad sold the house my mum inherited to open a bookshop, now we have no bookshop and no house. don't open a bookshop you will end up poor and sad :C

Most new businesses fail.

damn dude
hope you're alright

Amazon monopolized both physical and digital book sales. Most bookshops now are just small nooks near a local college that's fun by the wife of man with a real job. Running bookshops is a romantic side business for people with old money

Charity shops killed them