Is this the only decent comedic novel out there? All the other ones I've read are trash

Is this the only decent comedic novel out there? All the other ones I've read are trash.

There are two, if you count God

Don Quixote

You'd better be baiting.

Tristram Shandy is one of the greatest novels ever written, to say nothing of it being hands down the greatest comic novel in the English language

At swim-two-birds is pretty funny so far

I've never laughed as hard reading a book as with Confederacy.

Parts of Gravity's Rainbow are very funny, but I wouldn't call that a comedic novel.

Brothers Karamazov is pretty funny. It's like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but better.

The Master and Margarita

what is this meme

Is it a meme?

first 6 chapters of confederacy of dunces is good then it drags on and on (and on and on)

Journey to the End of the Night
Rontel
Don Quixote

how does it feel having no sense of humor

Early Dickens is hilarious - Pickwick Papers, Nicholas Nickleby, etc.
Quevedo's "Pablo the Swindler" had me almost paralyzed with laughter.
I recommend picaresque literature. Fielding's "Tom Jones", Smollett's "Roderick Random", etc.

Ferdydurke

this nigga.

I don't get what's funny about this isn't it just like young sheldon but in the middle ages or something

most dostoevsky and 20th century russian shit is hilarious. henry miller is funny and not at all as overwhelmingly sexual as people make it out to be.

Infinite Jest is pretty funny.

lord henry in the picture of dorian grey is pretty funny

bro. Lucky Jim.

JR by William Gaddis, although extremely pessimistic, is hilarious

Almost any PG Wodehouse book
Hitchhiker's Guide is great and funny despite what Veeky Forums might meme, as well as the Dirk Gently duo
Catch-22

he's an overeducated bum who manipulates any situation so his principles come out on top, he feeds on righteous anger and pretension. he goes to movies he dislikes so he can critique them out loud and get mad at the "degeneracy" on display. he is miserable virgin who lives with his mom and uses his education to convince himself he is some kind of intellectual on the outside of a decadent society. he's also just a classic bawdy and slapstick character, somewhere between Fallstaff and Bluto, lumbering around, lying about everything, slurping hotdogs and burping

I love 20th century Polish aforisms myself.

This

>when Sancho gets tossed in the blanket.

No, there's pedo shit and shit-eating.Gross pervert is Mr Pynchon.

Funny how that is what torments him the most all through their subsequent adventures.

The Loved One
Candy

Hitchhikers Guide is excellent
As are the Discworld novels

>inb4 somebody wants to prove their worth by calling me reddit

I appreciate your taste.

Hmm... now it really sounds like bazingo

What about Three Men in a Boat? Whisky Galore? The Doctor is Sick?
And the sheer absurd of Dan Brown's lumped together wikipedia facts?

Nothing about Dan Brown is funny though.

it's mildly overrated. also, reading it in translation makes it lose part of its linguistic humour

yeah, i remember crime and punishment being extremely funny at times

Pynch's more comedic works like IV are pretty enjoyable. Not as good as his more serious stuff but pretty funny and well-written all the same.

Obviously Don Quixote.

J R is quite funny. But if you can't see images in your head then you lose a lot of the comedy. It's very visual in its comedy despite being nearly all dialogue.

I'm not sure I've ever laughed at anything in my entire life as much as I did while reading the vomit scene.

For the OP - hurr durr fart jokes so funneh. GARGANTUAN.

Three men in a boat is way better.

It's only a comedy if you're a normie. Toole offed himself after he realized the semi autobiographical tragedy he had written would be viewed as one of the greatest comedic novels of all time.