>can only read a mere 70 pages per hour
How do I stop being a brainlet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I read 30-40 pages in an hour.

I read 100+ pages in an hour

>How do I stop being a brainlet
Stop caring. Stop trying to get through books without appreciating them. The slower the better. Take notes.

That being said- the average is about 2 minutes per page or 30 pages an hour.

I read 15-25 pages an hour. Is this normal? If i try to read faster my brain can’t keep up.

>I read 15-25 pages an hour. Is this normal?
yes, if your iq is below the median. the average person (100 iq) reads at a speed of 55 words per hour

Damn impressive. I really underestimated normies, but it still confirms that I'm of superior intellect reading at 200 words per hour, heh.

What book have you in mind ?
If you're talking about big american books, yep that's not so much.
But if you're thinking about a pocket book it's pretty good.

nigga just fuckin READ nigga fuckin READ, clear yo head and environment of distractions, understand wtf ur READING nigga, this ain't no fucking anime binge shit "ohhhh i am now cool my penis very big :-)" shit bruh nah man you fucking APPRECIATE and LOVE the shit you read, or you dislike it but you still think about it and frorm an opinion on it my nigga dont fuckin think this shit a race bitch ENJOY THAT BITCH or if its an educational shit w/e take the time to UNDERSTAND THAT BITCH cuz life's too short to worry about what book to read next

peace nig

>my penis very big :-)
Accurate

>70 pages per hour
>brainlet
LMAO

i read about 10 pages per hour

DAS RITE

what's your learning disabilty?

>Tfw 350 wpm relaxed reading speed

How do I get this up to an acceptable number? If I could read at 600-700 wpm I could learn so much more.

What the best way to raise wpm?

>55 words per hour
>the average person takes more than a minute to read one word
Sure m8.

Obviously he meant pages.

trolled :)

U mad?

this was good

Get baited, my nigga. Hahahaha

>Rushing through a book
Why? What are you trying to prove?

get a mechanical keyboard

100 pages an hour but I forget everything so I guess I'm still the winner here

>binge reading
I hope no one does this

Who cares?

How many pages can you comprehend in an hour?

>tfw I read aloud in my head
Am I a brainlet?

No. It means you're actually reading and appreciating the prose rather than just skimming for the bare bones facts and events.

if this isn't ironic holy shit dude

Pages per minute is a worthless metric. If I read trash (say, Harry Potter or so other such nonsense), I imagine I could read over 100 pages an hour. On the other hand, when I'm reading Kant, I might read 20 pages in an hour.

dont have one, just daydream for 10 minutes after every page

>can only read a meme per 70 page-hours

>t. madeup stat
reading 50 pages of Marx and 50 pages of Joyce is not the same thing as reading 50 pages of Harry Potter or feminist theory user. Idk what the fuck you're even trying to insinuate here at all. lol
>average iq
that's 85-115, not 100 at all, especially among americans where its closer to 90

read faster if you want to treat a book like it's a facebook news feed

Depends on what you're reading you dense shit. If you're reading HArry potter, reading any slower than 300wpm is a sign of not reading enough or being a low iq faggot. If you're reading a QFT textbook, i'd be highly surprised if you'd get anything out of reading quicjker than like 1 sentence per min.-

>Reads to prove he reads fast
Brainlet.
Read fiction books twice or take notes if you're extra autistic.
For nonfiction, read a page, summarize it, continue until you're right. Then, after a chapter, summarize it in your head. For extra autism, take outlined notes and make flash cards.
This is slower than passive reading, but more worth it.
Speed reading is a cancerous meme.

thanks for the keks

>needs all this shit to rememberwhat he reads
what a brainlet lmao

1.) That's fast.
2.) Fast reading is overrated.

I'm pretty good at reading, huh? I'm a smart guy. Really smart. The sooner you learn, the better. Though knowing that most people are pretty dumb, I doubt you'll pick up on it quickly.
Brainlet.

“Besides, we are friends of the lento, I and my book. I have not been a philologist in vain — perhaps I am one yet: a teacher of slow reading. I even come to write slowly. At present it is not only my habit, but even my taste — a perverted taste, maybe — to write nothing but what will drive to despair every one who is ‘in a hurry.’ For philology is that venerable art which exacts from its followers one thing above all — to step to one side, to leave themselves spare moments, to grow silent, to become slow — the leisurely art of the goldsmith applied to language: an art which must carry out slow, fine work, and attains nothing if not lento. Thus philology is now more desirable than ever before; thus it is the highest attraction and incitement in an age of ‘work’: that is, of haste, of unseemly and immoderate hurry-skurry, which is so eager to ‘get things done’ at once, even every book, whether old or new. Philology itself, perhaps, will not so hurriedly ‘get things done.’ It teaches how to read well, that is, slowly, profoundly, attentively, prudently, with inner thoughts, with the mental doors ajar, with delicate fingers and eyes. My patient friends, this book appeals only to perfect readers and philologists: learn to read me well!” - Nietzsche.

Sorry but fastfags can get fucked. Faster isn't better.

Not possible

I read about 20 pages in an hour. I could read faster, it's just that I can't help but construct the world in my mind while reading, imagining all the surrounding environments.

youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

>reading books

>reading the pages
Start with the words, dumdum.

so much this
Reading isn't about finishing the book quickly, it's about the journey.

so, it's ADD

Okay, just timed it.
61 pages per hour, brave new world.
Is this good?
Pic related is the book.

>BNW
You sixteen?

This, acting like there’s no such thing as sentence density is absurd. It takes more brainpower to fully get a Shakespeare Sonnet than say a chapter from a Steven King novel.

And that’s not to say there’s anything wrong with an airport novel or pulp in general. Just that there’s more to understand in good poetry and prose.

No, I'm just getting into literature and this was recommend