I fail this year in the university...

i fail this year in the university, my parents are dissapointed and i feel like shit; i'm not stupid but a fucking procrastinator, the self-hate it's huge and i'm feeling i deserve this.

So, can someone here recommend me a book that push me to study and improve myself, no self-help please.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/liangweihan4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kill yourself, you worthless frogposting piece of shit

Not stupid? Just a procrastinator? One of the same, pissing away money because you're stupidly procrastinating. Just do the fucking work and get out of uni

OP I'm in the same boat

Why so rude? i'm wasting time, that is much worse than money (uni is almost free for me). I'm losing the motivation and just asking for some book that inspire me

Frogposting piece of shit

Back to /pol/

You might have crippled executive function.

frog faggot trash faggot

kill yourself

read Wittgenstein, Schopenhauer, or Nietzsche or someone who advocates for a prodigious and serious work output

Why not just be an autodidact? I've learned more in a year of self teaching than any given three in school

Consider this over self-help books:

Maybe you fail in university because it is not your environment.

Pick up a trade, get a job, do something.

But quit university, ESPECIALLY if your parents or others are funding it.

It is one thing to make a mistake and suffer the consequences, it is another for you to make a mistake and have others suffer the consequences. This is likely a big part of the mental anguish you feel.

Take responsibility for your own life. Seek some form of financial independence, even if it is shit work.

It will be a choice you made for yourself (uni is often a choice young folks feel pressured into, or merely default into). You will also no longer feel like a burden. And the responsibility will belong to you, so if you do poorly at the job or decide to quit, it will be only your failure, and you will not have the psychological baggage of also affecting your folks.

Because you need a degree for a job? Idk do whatever you want. I've also taken time off from school and have also learned more in that time but you gotta do what you gotta do.

not all of us can afford to be neets, user

isn't wrong. You're stupid because you procrastinate. If you want to sit around feeling sorry for yourself, that's on you. Leave us out of it. Be better.

Spot on

what's your major frogman?

His parents might be more upset if he ends up with nothing to show for all the money they've pumped into his education. Quitting now might make them suffer more.

>dude I'm really smart I'm just lazy
Hello Dunning-Kruger

Procrastinating at the expense of your education is a sure sign of stupidity

I wish I had parents to waste money on me.

military

The Now Habit by Neil Fiore specifically tackles procrastination. It explains why we do it, and how to handle it. Good luck!

My next semester is
>Calculus 2
>Intro to Stats
(I know it's weird)
>Physics
How fucked am I ?

I like the way you think

Unironically "Mastery by Robert Greene"

actually believing this is a much surer sign

I got a 590 on the math section of my SAT and got a 95 on my calc 2 final (I actually enjoyed doing integration though) and physics 1 and 2 are equal or even easier difficulty. I think you'll be okay (as long as statistics doesn't make you commit suicide)

can't help with procrastination kek. Have a grad school app due in 9 hours, still have to edit my SoP and send transcripts which will 100% arrive a few days late. fuuug adderall isn't even helping

sunk-cost fallacy. if he's not gonna make it in academia, then he should cut their losses before they get deeper in the hole

A Mind for Numbers. lots of helpful tips to fight off your procrastination problem.
An occasional listening to Jocko Podcast. Don't buy his books, they're shit, but Jocko has a way of breaking through my lack of motivation + good BJJ tips

Same happened here but I don't really care.
I saw fail and I just felt the same as usual.
Spent semester drinking every day, I got what I deserved.
I could drop out but for me the actual action of making a decision is what worries me, the outcomes of my decisions don't mean anything to me.

Sounds like me. My case is more leaving it till last second and not taking group work seriously enough. Not failed (yet) but have to re-sit an assignment (failed first one.) Did a presentation this week i'm sure I failed, again, group work. HOWEVER I submitted an asignment today I feel pretty confident about and also did a french exam I feel confident. Both graded individualy, rather than a group.

See the pattern here? For my re-sits for the group work I am literally just going to have to do all the fucking work myself or just be pro-active as fuck. There becomes this mentality of "let's just finish it" with groups instead of taking it seriously. Well i'm changing that now. I CANNOT fail this year of uni as if I do I won't have enough money via loan to finish.

God, I fucking hate group so god damn much, anyone else feel this way? I feel it just bring the worst out of everyone. At least i've learnt a (hard) lesson though. We also got solid feedback for our work (which was really, really bad, looking back on it) which we'll act on. I should've been more active, I should've said "no we need to take this seriously". But I was lazy.

Anyone else feel this way? I'm lucky that it's not too late for me, and I feel i've learnt my lesson, but it fucking sucked having to be told you failed an assignment when every other group in your class passed it. I got stuck with some fucking idiots but that doesn't excuse me really. I should've taken more charge.

Sorry for the blog post, I just really needed to get it off my chest.

>dude I'm like just a misunderstood genius kept down by the man and the fucking academic system and shit

But the price of information for its own sake is SPIRITUAL BONDAGE

I'm fine working my minimum wage job, learning what I want to, and writing in the leftover time. Some people like to have money at the expense of equanimity, I guess

Group work brought the best out of me this semester. Been procrastinating in most of my classes, but somehow our group managed to pull off 30 pages with 50+ sources in about three days, with me doing the bulk of the historical research and aggregating much of the relevant journalism for our project. Didn't think I could do that kind of focused work for a while. And unfortunately I've lost the industriousness already while this throbbing headache makes it even harder for me to make good decisions.

?
What does that have to do with the original post?
I procrastinate cause I'm lazy.
Just passed last semester after doing like 40 minutes per day of study, the rest was just alcohol, drugs and procrastination.
This is for fourth year mind you.
Am I short sighted and stupid for not recognising how important my education is? Yes?
Doesn't mean I can't do the work.

I do think that groups work better for some assignments than others, I admit. Because this was our first, we had to report a 1500 word report. For me, this is fairly easy, but splitting 1500 words between 5 people is a total nightmare. At one point, it becomes clearly some people will have to write more than others (i.e. me) and even when the others contribute, their contributions do not help but in fact just make the work worse. In fact, the only positive feedback we got for our assignment was basically everything I had. But, I admit, that's a pretty arrogant behaviour, and i'm starting to learn that being the best writer in the group doesn't mean you'll pass. You pretty much have to tell people what to fucking do all the time and stay constantly on them like a dog on heat, all the while also having to constantly be making sure we're including the right stuff, answering questions correctly, etc. Really basic stuff that the rest of my group simply failed to do. I'm dissapointed I failed it, but I also learned a valueable lesson, hopefully anyway.

You should have just written the entire assignment yourself. 1500 words is NOTHING. What is it, like 3 pages double-spaced? If you can't pick group members you know you can count on, and the assignment is piss easy like what you were assigned (from what you've described), then do it yourself. Saves yourself a lot of headache anyway, since coordinating tiny pieces of a small project is a task for OCD brainlets anyways.

The only help is to get off this stupid shit and do something, even if it's really small, that gives you a sense of accomplishment free from the suggestion or influence of anyone else. You need to learn you have self-worth and that you and you alone are responsible for achieving your full potential.

sorry man... might as well take a gap year and think things over if you can't maintain at least a 3.5 without studying much. you can get to the point where you just game every class and read the real enriching material outside of class

Thanks guys, OP here, i'm so drunk right now, so this is my opportunity to tell you friends; don't waste the time of your life, if you hate u life, change your circunstances. Bless

>le "im smart but lazy" excuse

>tfw approved all my classes this year

>So, can someone here recommend me a book that push me to study and improve myself
twitter.com/liangweihan4

>im smart but im lazy
So sick of this meme. Almost everyone I’ve known say it was a fuckwit.

Oh trust me, I know that now. I've got four weeks off now but i'll write up the report again just myself this time. Trying to split 1500 words between 5 people is like splitting a fucking pea and calling it a worth while meal.

>half of Veeky Forums struggles to obtain an undergrad and can't even pass calc 2

I never realized how dumb you people are

try your textbooks for uni you idiot

The sick man feels fatigue, even sloth. The sick man puts his affairs off to the future. The sick man wishes for the assistance of others.

There is value in an attitude of responsibility. There is also value, sometimes, in an abdication of it, or rather, the ability to admit weakness, and not to let it fester hidden inside of you and eat away at you. The sick man who tries to do everything by himself and blames himself for all his symptoms will wear out his body and his mind and prolong his stay in the sick bed.