Yoooo what's your guyses reading speeds? mines 480 at 91% percent comprehension

yoooo what's your guyses reading speeds? mines 480 at 91% percent comprehension

readingsoft.com

Quicker isn't necessarily better.

>
i'm not saying it is, it's just an interesting metric to me

394 wpm at 82%
However, I'm an engineering major who's just here for the bantz. Haven't read a book in years

English is not my native language (It's Spanish) and I never read books in English but i got 533 wpm and 80 something %percent comprehension.

424, 91%

250wpm 82%

feelsbaddo

That test is terrible. idk about lit majors, but as a STEMfag I almost never read things back to front, I skim for relevent information.

The vast majority of facts in text or any form of media are irrelevent. You can read 1000wpm with 100% recall but it means shit if you don't extract what you need and integrate it into your mental modeling.

261 wpm at 82%

pretty bad desu, cnsidering i read about 2 hours a day and study english at university

But if you comprehend 100% you're going to get the important stuff no matter what. What's your point? You gotta make sure you comprehend what you've read before you can deiscern relveant from irrelevant.

260 and 85% comprehension.
21 years old and English is second language.

the website tests recall and simple comprehension, not deep integration. It's asking for what not why does it matter

OP here, totally agree :)

pretty much fluent in french and i've realized i read a bit faster in french than english . idk why that is

you sound like one of those " Don't judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree xD :3" types. the reality is that a faster reading speed and higher comprehension rate will allow you to consume more literature to develop a mental framework. of course it isn't the only thing to look at, but it is a good skill none the less

bon, je parle un peau de francais aussi, cest etrange que un anglais aprenne des autres langues, porquoi as-tu decide d'apprendre le francais? tu devrais apprendre espagnol aussi, la literature espagnole est magnifique

This is a short passage and should you fully comprehend it, you should be able to recall most of the information immediately upon reading it, even trivialities. Days later? Perhaps not. I think it's fair for what it is, but you still have a point. Though, I think comprehension and immediate recall are more closely related than you're giving credit for.

franchment, j'ai commencé d'apprendre le francais au lycée parce que j'aimait une fille qui suivait le francais. J'ai se tenu parce que la classe de francais est un peu plus serieux que l'espangol, tout les etudiants devaient suivre un cours de langue. Cela, par defaut, espanol donc vous aviez des barbares en la classe.

Mais, bien sur, la langue est belle aussi mais je peux pas mentir et dis que j'ai commencé le francais dans l'interet de literature.

376wpm with 90% comprehension

not convinced this is the best test desu, pretty easy to get a gist of the text and the questions generally have logical answers you could work out without even having read it

139 wpm at 100%
Always been slow as fuck. Dyslexia is a pretty big speed bump.

It's not testing deep comprehension or mastery of the language, it's testing basic recall of the numbers you read and critical thinking skills

>85%
Did you get half a question right? It's out of 11

>563
>73%

Not terrible I guess, I literally just skimmed over it. It's definitely not the best test, though, cause I read slow as fuck usually.