Did Jesus read the bible

Did Jesus read the bible

He fucking wrote it you idiot.

He certainly read the part written before he died

The Bible is the Word and the Word created the universe and existed before time and Jesus is also the Word.
So he read it literally before Earth even existed.

He was rejected for publication though.

He didn't have to, he was born in it, molded by it.

This is a good post.

Holy men of God spoke as they were as they were moved by the Holy Spirit-- that's the Bible. The Son and Spirit are one God, together with the Father, so it's correct to say that Scripture was written according to the Son's will. The Bible is called the Word of God. The Son is the Logos. Sometimes Logos is translated as Word. The Logos and Scripture are not the same thing.

The more important question
Did he start with the Greeks?

>The Logos and Scripture are not the same thing.

In spirit they are however

>In spirit they are however
What do you mean?

The spirit of the scripture is the Logos

No he didn't.

He means just the New Testament obviously

When you say the Logos is the spirit of the scriptures, are you saying that the Logos is incarnate in the scriptures? I guess what I'm asking is what exactly do you mean by "spirit"?

Then who Did?

In effect, the Holy Spirit is the purity present where the body fails. The real beyond the real. While the scriptures in effect are imperfect and subject to historical decay and limited transmission one can through reason and the Logos itself manifest the truth from it.

What denomination are you?

Raised Catholic, born-again Pentecostal

not him, but ew.

Yes, He did. Jesus was well versed in the Tanakh - known by modern Christians as the Old Testament.

This includes the Torah (or Five Books of Moses - known as the Pentateuch), the Ketuvim (or The Writings), and the Neviim (or The Prophets).

Christ knew these scriptures from the time He was a child - to the point that He could teach in the Temple during one of the high feast days, and, as an adult, have regular discourse with the Pharisees - who were, essentially, rabbinical scholars.

Fun fact: If memory serves (and I believe it does), Christ quotes the book of Deuteronomy more than any other in the Word. Other fun fact: the book of Isaiah is really good and dripping with Messianic prophecies - obviously pertaining to Jesus from a Christian point of view.

Sorry to be part of the true living Church and not your cultural Marxist LARPer club

Denominations don't concern Christ so much as His indwelling, and the unity of His Body.

That may be but he is concerned about places pretending to be Churches which are run by cynical atheists who just want control over communities.
Say what you will about Pentecostals but they fucking believe

>anyone who isn't Pentecostal is a 'cultural Marxist' subverting Christian civilisation with post-structuralism

I won't start playing the heretic tennis game here, our Churches probably do that for us, but your denomination objectively has the lowest average IQ of all denominations.

Is it common for Pentecostals to believe that scripture hasn't been preserved?

I have nothing negative to say about Pentacostals or Catholics - I wasn't the user to whom you were speaking.

Maybe as well become a Jew with that logic

Its a complex question as much as most Churches. Pentecostals veer towards affirming the word rather than deconstructing and historicizing it. Thats to say its treated as a text and taken as it is with questions of context seen as largely unimportant to the message itself

Surprise, surprise, Pentecostal hates the Jews. What logic mate? I merely illustrated your non-sequitur then proceeded to state a mere fact about low IQ Pentecostal congregations.

What denomination are you?

Where did I say I hated the Jews. Just merely stating as you have merely stated that if average IQ was a priority in your choice of faith then Judaism is likely the right place to be
Don't I won't veer from stating I do find their beliefs and consequently their ethnic-culture to be despicable

He didn't write the new testament though
four upper-class anonymous greek-speaking authors in the 100s CE wrote down what was up until then a new oral tradition circulated in near-secret

If they were Anonymous, how do you know they weren't Jesus?

Anglican LARPer, subverted by (((Jungian))) readings of scripture and Jewish propaganda that made our Bishops to declare themselves agnostic as to the nature of God - at least this is what my Pentecostal friend assumes about me.

I'm just Christian mate. Brought up in the Eastern Orthodox tradition, wore my developmental fedoras, both as a Christian and an atheist, but now I'm just a Christian.

Higher IQs only seem to help people think up creative ways to sin. What's the point.
>CE
laying it on a little thick there

Nondenominational? Hey, just like Pentecostals

>Brought up in the Eastern Orthodox tradition
What's keeping you from coming back?

I'm saying Jesus or someone very similar to the individual of the Jesus myth probably started a new branch of Judaism, was executed for being an ideological nuisance, and his followers grew over the course of a century, telling the stories of his teachings, before they were finally written down in the four gospels, which were subsequently edited and refined in the two centuries leading up to the establishment of the Roman state church.

>CE
hahaha
get over it
The entire common era circulates around His death anyway

look, I even capitalized His
For (You)

>their beliefs and ethnic culture dispicable
>true christian

Lol. You are the most confused person I've met in a while. You really, REALLY need to read your Bible more carefully. Also, you likely know next to nothing about Judaic culture or beliefs.

>What's keeping you from coming back?

I have read the Bible and trust me there's plenty in there to show what a cretinous plague the Hebrew people can be. What they need is Jesus

Enjoy your stay in Hell. I hear it's warm this time of year.

Only my Lord can make that judgement friend

>if average IQ was a priority in your choice of faith then Judaism is likely the right place to be

It's not, I don't think it reflects much on faith, but it certainly reflects on Pentecostals and their worship. I don't think IQ is important, but their obtuse anti-intellectual orthodoxy and fundamentalism is vile. Any lit, or Pentecostal apologists you'd recommend? I'm open to changing my view on Pentecostalism.

>Higher IQs only seem to help people think up creative ways to sin. What's the point.
Creative ways to experience guilt... Ethics and moral compasses point towards a pre-organised biological structure, so sin is universal; so is self-righteousness, regardless of cognitive ability - articulating it only makes a value difference for those who are capable of it.

Communism destroyed its Church. As far as the actual tradition goes, I'm just confused and need to go through a nondenominational phase.

Heh

>Any lit, or Pentecostal apologists you'd recommend?

None, I just recommend you real Paul himself and note how similar the original Church was to todays Pentacostals

t. pastor Steven Anderson

Just a prediction based on the Word, buddy.

I'll pray that you make your way back. The Church's theology is unlike any other, and it hasn't changed. Let that guide you.

Yes come back, the syrniki won't pay for itself!

If by the bible you mean the Great Hermetic Axioms, then yes.

Idk man, maybe try reading the names in the book, matthew, mark, luke...

RIP Dave you were one of the greats and you turned me on to some really phenomenal literature.