Where does one meat intelligent Veeky Forums individuals

I wish there were an intellectual culture these days, like Paris or New York in the 1920s, or London like anytime pre 1960s

*sigh*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TC7JR46kvTA
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html&ved=0ahUKEwj37bHe34rYAhXGy4MKHamYALIQ5OUBCFswCg&usg=AOvVaw2v1l7cZ6ZXnwxm0UgDdQ61
physics.smu.edu/coan/4392/wigner.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hip parts of major cities, sometimes

to be honest I don't know, universities? Upper division college classes?

you meet them where one doesn't spell "meet" as "meat"

Mensa meetings, high IQ societies

Here. It’s just us.

but hipsters are the biggest pseuds around

then there's no hope for me, as I was a STEM major

but what if I want to meat them (stick my meat in them) as well?

You're in one right now !

You’d be surprised. Depending on the city hipsters are pretty cultured. Also, why wouldn’t you want to be the best-read person among people with similar interests?

The non-retard section of libraries.

Sure as fuck isn't Dublin.
I plan to get to New York as Greater New England seems the least worst option

Preferably a medium of gathering that precludes the visual rape by anime girl

is there such a thing as a Christian hipster or an ancap hipster

but that's not really a place where you can plug yourself into a private conversation

lol, Im a stem major rn

I'm also an athlete; there's a building dedicated to the athletes at my uni and holy canoli, there are so many brainlets. I have genuinely have stopped go there, but because I can't get shit done or read. Every team in in there talks and doesnt get shit done. So I go to the library now and it's based

Do teammates do gay stuff after practice, or is it just a myth?

If you were unable to meet literary-minded individuals in Dublin (a city brimming with open-air book markets, used bookshops, universities, and countless literary landmarks) then why would you fare any better in New York?

What u readin rn cuh

At university.
youtube.com/watch?v=TC7JR46kvTA
>tfw got reminded by a really sweet remix by this song, now I can't find it, it was similar to the above link.

Depends on team dynamic. Men's swim are faggots and baseball is just gay.

I'm on Track and Field and niggas don't like that gay shit

I'm reading Orthodoxy right now—but it's my finals week so I haven't been reading, unfortunately. I plan to read either Dark Night of the Soul by Saint John of the Cross or The Interior Castle by Saint Teresa of Avila.

I think I'll go with Saint Teresa, cuz I'm looking to read some fiction but also stay within the Catholic mystic realm right now

Like I said I expect it to be the least worst option. I think the one thing New York will have over Dublin is a FAAAAAAR more diverse publishing and writing opportunities than the West British self serving shitshow that is the Irish press and publishing industry which promotes neophytes like dear Sally in the OP

>it's based
>niggas don't like that gay shit
Try and not communicate like an annoying 16 year old on r/blackpeopletwitter

Forgive me for my joy, wont happen again

and you're really concerned with common slang being used on a fucking meme image board. Makes sense

this

Faggot read "Meat" by Terry Bison and thinks he's being clever.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html&ved=0ahUKEwj37bHe34rYAhXGy4MKHamYALIQ5OUBCFswCg&usg=AOvVaw2v1l7cZ6ZXnwxm0UgDdQ61

a comedy in two posts

>concerned with common slang being used on a fucking meme image board
Yes normalfag leave

Ma knicca. U know spanish? If u do I strogly recommend Fray Luis de León's poems and one lil book of history and culture and politics surrounding spanish mysticism: La mística española by Patricio Peñalver.

lol, okay you abnormality

Fuck, no I don't... That why I was a little bummed about wanted to read Juan de la Cruz and Saint Teresa of Avila. But I did some research and the translations I have are pretty good.

I'll look those up for their translations! lol
thanks buddy

Not him but he's right. Have some self respect

>Veeky Forums individuals at mensa

Well, they are all insecure pseuds or autistic spergs so they represent the Veeky Forums demographic pretty well, but I get the feeling that this was not what the OP meant.

What translations did you get?

To answer OP, no where anymore. Unis sell out your future out for an identity so everyone has becomes a clout obsessed egoist.

PhD- students in general and especially in fields where it is not required for getting work, eg. medicine, engineering etc.

>For The Interior Castle
I got Kavanaugh (older translation, took a while to find lol)
>For Dark Night of the Soul
I got E. Allison Peers

I don't give a fuck; I'll talk like that on few occasions if I want lol

Thanks lad

no problem bud

>I don't give a fuck; I'll talk like that on few occasions if I want lol

I'm just saying for your own sake. Nigger on the tongue, nigger on the mind

I've met a lot of smart people are work, they tend to be quieter and tend to be the better workers.

Well, I guess I can appreciate the sentiment, but that's quite for my taste

undergrad philosophy classes

If it ain't white it ain't right

>I don't give a fuck; I'll talk like that on few occasions if I want lol
Huh that's really cool man, you obviously don't give a fuck what anyone thinks and just do what you want, you have free agency to act and communicate like a juvenile idiot. Sure showed me, really based fahm, lowkey realest nigga I know

I do have to say, I love me some skinny blonde white women

> lit
> intelligent

Yes, I've achieved my highest accomplishment of irking a random guy on Veeky Forums. But don't worry, I think I'll be fine in the future; I don't plan to toot my own horn as to how that might be either.

First off, the word is spelled "meet," you imbecile.

Second off, you didn't put a period at the end of your sentence.

Third off, intelligent people do not type out physical reactions like "*sigh*" in text.

Fourth, this is Veeky Forums. Get off the computer, go out for a walk someplace, like a library or wherever, and meet - see how that word works there? - actual live people and open your mouth and talk.

They'll either like you or realize you're fucking stupid pretty fast.

>fucking stupid people will be the death of us all

>berates OP for grammar and punctuation
>doesn't even use em dashes.

I hope it's bait. This fellow is quite angry.

>there are so many brainlets. I have genuinely have stopped go there

maybe you should head back

kek

stopped going cuz i cant focus there;

nice try buddy, I'm pretty content with junior standings in mathematics as a sophomore with a 3.7

I'll toot my own horn

What did you think of Conversations With Friends?

Intelligent people are everywhere. Theyre just the intelligent people there.

after a night with chad, they get plenty of energy for work

This is pretty close to true, actually.

you type like a retard, and since we're not on Veeky Forums and I don't have to deal with 50 pajeets and chinks and nerdbugs hacking up a lung whenever I say this, here it is: your kind are generally robotic faggots, nothing of merit comes out of your mouths, I've spoken with mathematicians and physicists and the honest one's agree with me, most STEM niggers and maths niggers are basically just recorder boxes. You have nothing to offer the world, your formulas are almost useless, your technological contributions will make exactly 0 people better off, you do nothing but manufacture useful bullshit and again since we're not on Veeky Forums i can say this with good confidence, there are no physical laws and maths are just symbols monkey niggers like you make up for funzies. There is no such thing as numbers or language or laws or rules or objects or minds. All of it is just, noise. And even that is too much to advance. You can't do philosophy you hide behind logic because you're afraid, you hide behind rote memorization and tinker-toy thinking because you're afraid. your mega blockz universe is incorrect, its inconsistent and does not make accurate predictions outside of easy microphenomena and trivial macro phenomena. you get to "Revise" your systems of thought because they're not true, they can never be true. Computer systems, human brains can't physically support adequate models of the universe. no computer system could ever come close to modeling reality, its impossible by your own beliefs. You abdicate having a soul, a sense of self, a sense of life and reality for models. You are sterile, you are hollow, your mind died at 13. You're an athlete, pathetic little clown monkey, and a mathematician, pathetic little number jockey. You mean nothing to the world, there will be 10,000 people to replace you in a year's time all of them just as meaningless. You tend to be boring, ugly, annoying and vulgar. The one's who aren't the following tend to be bad mathematicians to say the least. The very manner in which you type speaks volumes about your tiny little mind. You're an insect, a nothing, a great big cum stain on the genetic lineage of our race. You'll attain to nothing, produce nothing, waste everything and the systems your ilk champions like CRISPR, blockchains and AI are completely psychotic and will enslave or annihilate all of us. You don't care at all, even a little bit about other organisms, you're the most amoral kind of people imaginable. I wouldn't shed a single tear if all of you got gassed tomorrow. I hate politicians, bankers, lawyers, priests, teachers, literati, intelligentsia, military commanders and police but I really hate mathematicians and engineers the most.

Elite Universities

find good individuals then cold call

>search archive
>0 results found
LMAO

Stealing this ty

Well that was pent-up pain in your rectum and here ya go
>physics.smu.edu/coan/4392/wigner.pdf
You sound more mad that Nobel when a chad mathematician fucked his wife.

Also, sorry Calc 2 was hard for you; take your anger out on your business clients rather than the purest form of natural knowledge LOL

To be fair, he is taking his anger out on mathematicians and engineers, not on mathematics and engineering.

Quite different.

>Upper division college classes?
spoken like a true freshman

>your formulas are almost useless, your technological contributions will make exactly 0 people better off, you do nothing but manufacture useful bullshit
>You'll attain to nothing, produce nothing, waste everything and the systems your ilk champions like CRISPR, blockchains and AI are completely psychotic and will enslave or annihilate all of us.

Definitely both

useless and has nothing to do with the ontological status of numbers or physics. the word faith and miracle is invoked multiple times, epistemology a few times, no ontology, no metaphysics. I'm sure there are probably objects, but I don't think I could ever describe them adequately or any physical system could represent them adequately outside of themselves presenting themselves as themselves to me and even then their self-so'ness is not something i can describe or really grasp as my brain is too limited to even fathom what they would objectively be. I think you're suffering from autism, I think mathematicians have a kind of confusing the packaging (maths) with the product (stuff and things). I'm sorry you confirmed everthing I said, you're an unthinking bug. Useful bullshit is what it is, unreasonably useful bullshit if you want to flatter yourself. Buts its not a real thing. Graphite etchings of symbols humans make barking noises about that sound like "maths" surely probably exist in some form, computer systems that display pixels which nervous systems bark and call maths surely probably exist. Objects which probably appear to be moving probably exist and which can be efficiently modeled for the purposes of technological development probably exist. But numbers themselves as a platonic form, do not exist. It is not possible for ideas themselves, mental phenomena to exist outside of just clever ruses the nervous system designs to push itself around, if you could even advance that much.

you have to have a highly skilled job, then you interact with your colleagues maybe

doctor cliques are probably intelligent. *cries* but well nver be a part of one

fellow comrade STEM-Athlete master race reporting

nice dude! what sport?

Crew, yours?

oh that's sick dude, where at? my friend's brother rowed at UC Davis.

And I do track and field

Inane, may as well be publishing tweets

Search for bookstores downtown.

That's a good recommendation

great pasta. Did your mom ruin her marriage with your dad by jumping on some STEM dick? You need to relax. People who support a value dichotomy between STEM and phil/other forms of epistemology/arts are not only retards, but maladjusted fedora-wearing mediocrities. Drop that fedora mate.

>You'll attain to nothing, produce nothing, waste everything and the systems your ilk champions like CRISPR, blockchains and AI are completely psychotic and will enslave or annihilate all of us.

lol get rekt

lmao

I mean, he isnt wrong you know

>not reading Pynchon in your local kebab shop
never gonna make it

It's not a pasta, yet.