The median American (18 years of age or older, all 50 U.S...

The median American (18 years of age or older, all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia) reads four books per year (2016 data)

Better than I would have expected honestly

>less than highschool
>0
>median
?

What's their definition of a book, though?

median is basically 50th percentile

depressing

>Blacks read more than Hispanics
>Rural people read more than suburbanites
>Younger people read more than older people
Perplexing

at least 50% read jackshit

I highly doubt that. I go to the best public school in the nation and half the students don't even read what's on the syllabus. Shit, I know multiple people making 150k+ a year who haven't opened a book in years

>I highly doubt that
of course you do

This is why im on Veeky Forums, not Veeky Forums.

>in whole or in part
so this means nothing. everyone i know has a book with a bookmark 10 pages in sitting on their table at home. if this counts as "reading" we're no better off for it

Statistics for some Euro countries.
Unfortunately, the target population here is 25-64 year-olds, so, not really comparable to the American data.

now you know

>blacks actually know english
>city people have less free time/ more technology
>older people have vision problems
that wasn't that difficult

suburban retards btfo

>in whole or in part

>Blacks read more than Hispanics
hispanics have jobs and dont speak english. also i see a lot of black women reading garbage on the subway

I know first hand how the nigger female poet/erotic novel scene is pretty huge user

we should tap into it. write some nabokov ass shit in what is ostensibly a romance between a strong chocolate office worker and a wall street lawyer.

create some kind of mavis beacon pseudonym/alter ego to publish under.

"Letisha Walker Jones attended Harvard and is a brain surgeon in her free time. She is NOT married. Nuh uh"

I still would have expected zero

i would have guessed one. it seems like a lot of people would make a new years resolution to read a book and then give up

If it was mean sure, but I think of the average person as an absolute mongoloid who can't read news articles

How come German and finnic speaking countries are the highest ranked?

>women are more well-read than men

/r9lit/ btfo

we're still le 56 percenters dude.
it'll hit zero soon.

That's not a good thing.

Shut up illiterate fag

>the absolute state of t*rkey

>reading lots of airport erotica is better than a few Canon scrolls

no they don’t this is a blatant lie.

of course it is