Buy a delicious new Everyman's Library clothbound

>buy a delicious new Everyman's Library clothbound
>wash my hands 4/5 times before I read it
>within one week the spinal label is beginning to wear off and the cloth is showing signs of dirtiness
I'm about to chimp the fuck out over here. It's time to end this once and for all. READING GLOVES THREAD. post what gloves you use to read with and give recommendations!

You do not need fucking gloves for an Everyman's, unless it's possibly a really nice vintage copy. They're called Everyman's for a reason; we're not talking Arion Press here.

Hey fuck you m8 we can't all be thousandaires some of us need books to remain æsthetic for the rest of our lives

they look better worn out dweeb
having a shelf of unopened books with shiny lettering will make your room look like a lawyers office

Everyman's are pretty cheap for the cost, considering the quality and aesthetic of the hard backs.
>thousandaire
Get a real job

This, books look better worn out. The truly patrician choice is not to care how your book looks as long as it's still pleasant to read, though.

Your jewish corporate masters really have you convinced to just bend over and take that planned obsolescence right up the ass huh

>guy obsessed with material goods
>complains that others are controlled by jews

>books
>planned obsolescence

How can I decide what book to read if the label is worn off the side? I have to get a whole new book. jesus dude think for yourself for a moment

open the first page?
if you worn book that much you'd recognize it in an instant

the people on this board are ironically dense

Now that we got OP's trolling out of the way... does anyone here actually wear reading gloves? It sounds comfy.

Get some butcher paper and make yourself some dust jackets you ignominious pseudoliterate fraud.

>wash my hands 4/5 times before I read it
I found your problem user, you didnt fully wash your hands

Everymans library is not a collectors edition book, they're just decent hardcovers for their price. The ink does rub off of their covers, the dust jacket is just a shitty dust jacket. Start worrying about preserving the thing once you get an easton press or folio society or something.

saran wrap

Alright I think I might go with a fingerless leather glove. Obviously the spine label wears off from touching the inner fold of my hand so if I just cover that I'll be able to preserve my shelf aesthetic while retaining the "used cover look" that I've been told is "patrician" (whatever that means)

Thoughts??

Wear these.

this is why god gave us dust covers user

>not giving cloth bound a touch of humanity
absolutely disgusting, what are you, filthy hoarding pig?

I use the Mechanix I change my oil with. Books are consumables

>Reading poetry in translation

You don't need gloves, but you do need to not go around holding them with sweaty hands. Sweat will make the cover printing dissolve.

christ how horrifying

Do you use soap with lotion?
Do you wash your hands with hot water?

Do you live with any philistines?

Lel

I challenge you to do just this with a bound copy of a dosto and post pics. Watch the autists here chimp out.

There's nothing like handling a book with medical gloves. The cleanliness, sure, but there are other charms. I prefer the surgical variety. The intersection of the purely theoretical and the purely tactile. It's a fantasy of handling the great works of civilization at such a fine but certain remove it can leave no trace on you, nor can you soil it. Interjecting between yourself and the sum of human experience a layer. Manipulating heights of that experience, the best and the worst of man, and the viral achievement of its relation, the terribly felt when beautifully rendered history and world, palpated not with your hand but with a film in its shape. A film which contains on one side the stamp of your cells and contaminates, and on the other wields the record of all the rest, touches it but not, exerts touch across a barrier, asserts that there is in addition to the visible extent of your reach an invisible, and it goes farther than all that is known by man.

You can't wash away the sin, OP

>implying a guitar isn't meant to be played
>implying a car isn't meant to be driven
>implying a beer isn't meant to be drank
The value isn't in the physical book, user.

Read.

>/lt/ is making me jealous of their nice books again
>I'll forever be trapped in 4 euro paperback land
feels bad

But I am reading it. How if I was not reading it would it acquire such egregiously offensive wear and tear?

those ESVs

What if my palms always sweat.

kek

>reading gloves
Oh yeah

Jesus, what did you do, throw it down the stairs then shoot it? I have Everymen older than myself

I read books on my kindle then buy hardcovers to look at.
How does that make you feel, Veeky Forums?

>buying leather bound esv's
good lord

cringe

Remember to dry your hands off too

underrated

as for myself, pic related. mask too.