Read this book in the 10th grade, haven't found a book that resonated with me so strongly ever since...

Read this book in the 10th grade, haven't found a book that resonated with me so strongly ever since. I'm looking for a book which will contain an insight I never knew I was looking for. Something that'll make things click. Something that'll serve as a spark. Something. Anything.

St. Augustine's Confessions is similar to Siddhartha.

Read The World as Will and Representation. Steppenwolf too if you haven't already.

Stop corrupting inquisitive, curious minds with your christcuck bullshit

That book is shit but atleast you read it at the right time. Lucky for you there is a lot of literature that is better and should affect you more, although that might be difficult if you're comparing it to your formative years.

Clearly you have never read the Confessions.

>t.never read it

Only an true idiot would judge it, before even reading it. I dare you to read it.
If you take up my challenge I guarantee your life will be changed forever.

read Demian, it's like Siddharta but better

Fucking brainlet, I'd report you if I could

agreed. Although if you're past 20 it might be too late to read any Hesse at all.

Stop with this. You're not better than an ancient practice that merely mirrors the way humans naturally are.

just bite the fucking bullet and read this essential normie-core, you know you want to, stop thinking you are too good for it

Steppenwolf spoke to me like no other book I've ever read. I could relate to the protagonist so well.

Hesse was a metaphysical titan

Barnum effect: the author.
Glass bead game is the only good thing he wrote.

the secret

>There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
>Than are dreamt of in our philosophy.
>Hamlet (1.5.167-8)
You're welcome.

How's the 11th grade going?

>Reply

the Hour of the Star

That's a really good one. Shit hit the spot

/therad

It's good if you've never read any philosophy before.

it's just inoffensive feelgood normie-core

Read the rest of his works.

Read as much as you want there isn't any practicality to this escapist distraction anyways

Read actual Buddhist philosophy maybe

any and all new age, buddhist, alan watts, joe rogan pineal gland consciousness bullshit. see val valerian matrix books.

The book of disquiet by pessoa maybe. Otherwise try some tagore if you want to stick around in Asia

>Read The World as Will and Representation
This honestly isn't the kind of work you can just jump into. It requires a lot of background in philosophy. Kant and the Upanishads are what he recommends, and it takes quite awhile to get to Kant. Understanding Hindu philosophy is its own ordeal. That said I've never read the full book, so if I'm wrong please say why.

nice try, except this book is just about "lol, just be yourself"

alan watts was a good man who sort of understood zen and vedanta and taoism, fuck off pleb. middlebrow can be gud sometimes if you aren’t serious about it