Now that we've established writers like Bukowski, Hemingway, Burroughs...

Now that we've established writers like Bukowski, Hemingway, Burroughs, Kerouac and other beat gen "writers" are objectively bad, cringe-inducing and redddit-tier garbage, what other unspoken literary truths should be made public?

>Hemingway
>bad

the best american authors are postmodernists

>objectively

Richard Brautigan, Henry Miller and PKD should be memed to children more.

Surrealism is genre fiction

You can always weed out people's thoughts when they think of things in terms of a baseless "objectivity". It is really a sign of deep insecurity, showing that a person needs the validation of a hive-mind to express opinions.

Self loathing redditor: The Post

Here's your (You)

autistic squabbling over the objectivity question is also a sign of deep insecurity

OP, I understand why you would feel the need to make this post: it seems to be a expression of a deep insecurity you possess about your own intelligence, as your frantically try to justify your own aesthetic judgements as judgements of universal validity, without giving a single reason as to why we should accept such judgements. Instead of argument, instead of even the most insufficient sort of argument in this area (say, "that any person with developed taste would see that these writers are bad") you instead throw around buzzwords like "cringe" and "reddit," in the hope of arousing a consensus to support you.

You can do so much better than this. Stop trying so hard to be a "literary type," and instead just focus on reading widely, and enjoying what you are reading. Stop trying to determine that books you do not like are "objectively bad"—as if that would somehow influence other people's opinion of the book— and instead focus on what you can learn from each author. You'll be fine, OP. Everyone knows you are smart. Just do me a favor and relax a little: you will enjoy life more that way.

Veeky Forums blowhards trying to be kings of the littlest hill in town

>Hemingway
>beat generation

haha, wow, yeah, OP is so cringe and reddit

I feel so sorry for brainlets who aren't capable of experiencing the euphoria that On the Road provides. You are retarded, OP. Get well soon

Good thread
IJ is awful but makes a great meme
Pynchon is not for everybody and is just a better Vonnegut at times
Faust is overrated
Tasso is underrated

You're still in juvenile stages, it's alright but don't fault other people for having progressed

None of those things are controversial opinions, maybe only Faust, but then again, I happen to agree with it.
Also, is not that IJ makes a great meme, it's that as a book it sucks, but as a meme it's beautiful. I mean, we all know how fruitful thousand page autistic rants are for memes, the only difference between DFW and CWC is that one burned brighter, but also much faster than the other. Both are direct results of what happens when anglos get left unchecked and with access to vast amounts of surplus.

jrr tolkien is only praised because brainlets can't figure out how he stole his ideas

You can't progress from something that you clearly haven't even read. On the Road is a pure exploration of a dream that all men have. Seriously, go read it.

What about Ginsberg? I love him

>Pynchon is just a better Vonnegut
I'm struggling to qualitatively struggling to imagine how life must be for such a low IQ

Omg yeah, that post was so cringe and reddit.Roasted.