Just marathoned this in 3 days. Read ~600 pages a day, using speed-reading skills I picked up in a class I took once

just marathoned this in 3 days. Read ~600 pages a day, using speed-reading skills I picked up in a class I took once.

Tell me Veeky Forums, whats the point of collage degree when I can just self-read an entire semester's reading in a single week all on my own?

Audibly keking at work, gr8 b8 m8

>speed reading philosophy

I speed read the entire Bible in one day. And to think there are dummies who go to divinity college for the same thing.

You've wasted this time, not only this but you also hurt yourself in the process. Reading so fast you've missed all the meaning in Plato; not only of what he says, but also of the chance to parttake in adiscussion with the first philosopher.
But you are worse off than had you not taken it up, because now you can never go back and read it slowly not knowing in what general direction will the given dialogue go. You will never have again the untainted reflections on the passages.

As to answering your question - whats the point of self-reading if you will not take anything valuable from it? None.

6/10 b8 m8

Speed reading is fucking stupid.

that's way more than a semesters worth of reading my man

>3 days
>speed
are y'all high school drop out bitch niggers?

Just binge read this in 1 hour, what did I think of it?

Plato's complete works is around 1,800 words long. I think I got baited bros

I personally agree with this user, speed reading can be fun sometimes but very rarely is it as enjoyable as taking it at your own pace and really visualizing and experiencing the work, though of course, everyone has different goals with literature, some like stamp collecting.

I like this one

Was is bad and peace is good

A college degree is a credential you use to get jobs. Learning anything is really optional. You;ll see this more starkly when you get out into the adult world: there truly is nothing you can count on someone to know by virtue of their being a college graduate; there is no core learning or experience that it stands for.

this

>Plato's complete works is around 1,800 words long
What? Pages maybe.

Degree = certificate that you actually do know it.
Certificate = universal pass around the nation and globe if systems match.

If you think you are studying hard when you are doing it alone you are wrong.

>Tell me Veeky Forums, whats the point of collage degree when I can just self-read an entire semester's reading in a single week all on my own?

Having a degree. Did you think it was about something else? Poor kid, you can't imagine how dumb you are.

T. Philosophy professor

This so much. It has involved a lot of frustration for my own part since I've alot of aspiration, more so then most of the people employed at the University I'm at. It's not about putting myself on a high horse, thinking I'm better then everyones else or something like that, it's just frustrating dealing with people that deludes themself and tries or tries to "exploit" the system when in all honesty their ambitions lies somewhere else. Even so, the culling process takes care of that in the end but sometimes it just frustrating dealing with that. I guess that's just a part of it either way.

>Paying large sums of money for a title that has been completely devalued over the past 70 years

Academia is dying, prof. This is the century of the autodidact.

Want to add that I'm reflecting about some of my peers.

>Speed reading Plato

Wtf is enjoyable about that?

Wow look at that wojak

You're overdoing it. Cut out the "I took once" part.