How the fuck was he so good?

How the fuck was he so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SNunaSLNNPk&app=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Was he though?

Big red flag when a poet’s life is more well known than any of his poems.

For me, it's Barbare.

I just started Wyatt Mason’s Complete Rimbaud and he demonstrates talent right from his first poems written at the age of 13. His life was interesting, but these are the kinds of poems that don’t require autobiographical context.

He’s also pretty funny, i.e. Nina Replies, Frozen in Fear.

Can’t wait to reach A Season in Hell and his better known works.

says the anglo

He’s one of the cited poet in «La Francophonie», not, obviously, that you would care.

most cited*

One of the greatest hermeticists ever.

After Mallarmé and Valéry, sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=SNunaSLNNPk&app=desktop

Cliff liked him. So i guess he is fine by me.

We in Russia have a good interpreter of Rimbaud. (He was also a 'spiritual master' of Dugin, but this is a completely different story.) Do you have one in the USA/France to understand how this poet was great?

Baudelaire towers above them all

He doesn’t, although he’s great. And we were talking about hermetists, which Baudelaire isn’t... He’s just a tad too romantic for my taste ; too much Parnasse, still.

He's so cute man

*Gautier

>wuz he tho?

name

> in France
well, we have Rimbaud

Because he stopped when he ran out of things to say, and fucked off to do other things without looking back.
It's a pretty damn rare writer that figures that one out.

this
I never liked writers that have obe reedeming work in a pile of garbage. Rambo wrote what he wanted to be said and got off

Wass ur fav quote from "Une saison en enfer" ma kniccas?

he isn't though

not much more than an edgy brat

Has anyone read his writings in latin?

He's pretty good when you're a teenager lulz

Consider this:

>The Etoro, or Edolo, are a tribe and ethnic group of Papua New Guinea. Their territory comprises the southern slopes of Mt. Sisa, along the southern edge of the central mountain range of New Guinea, near the Papuan Plateau.

>They are well known among anthropologists because of ritual homosexual acts practised between the young boys and men of the tribe. The Etoro believe that young boys must ingest the semen of their elders daily from the age of 7 until they turn 17 to achieve adult male status and to properly mature and grow strong.

>The Etoro believe that they each contain a certain amount of life force, the highest concentrations of which are contained in semen. This life force passes to others through sexual relations. Women are seen to waste the life force if they do not get pregnant after sexual intercourse. As people get older, and their bodies weaken, this is attributed to a depletion of their life force.

What don't your adult selves like about his writing?