Is he a Philosopher Veeky Forums?

Is he a Philosopher Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

jordanbpeterson.com/bible-series/
youtube.com/watch?v=RIB05YeMiW8&t=195s
youtube.com/watch?v=6h_mMVwQnAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

he can't even understand Marx. Probably the easiest philosopher to understand.

Why not?
I disagree, you sound like a pseud

Marx is far more pervasive than people give credit for. I think even lots of right-wingers or centrists think in a similar materialist, dialectical way without realising. Maybe I'm confusing Marx with scientism though.

Peterson is one of thousands in the US, just struck a particular nerve for incels and autists. He's a nobody, he's even less important than Nick Land.

Has he published any works of Philosophy?

Reported and saged.

He speaks Philosophy, maps of meaning is a work of philosophy psychology and anthropology
if you havent read thats your problem

im looking for a discussion here

Are you? Or are you looking for people with a common ideology to confirm your misplaced hero worship?

im looking for a discussion, stop projecting bucko

Sure. I'm a philosopher, you're a philosopher, were all philosophers.

Of course you don't think he misunderstands Marx. That would require either of you to actually read him.

To be clear, he doesn't so much misunderstand as he just flat out red baits.
>oligarchs, bankers, and finance parasites get first priority
>global capitalism envelops the globe
>wealth concentration at critical mass
>living conditions plummet
>benefits, gone
>jobs, gone
>public services, gone
>education, garbage
>infustrastructure and public works, garbage
>politics,bought
>culture,bought
>thought and discourse, bought

>c-communism is on the horizon
>t-they want to make us all equal

Peterson
>Sort yourself out.

Land
>The future will take care of itself.

Hmm...

Land is the thinking man philosopher

No, since he hasn't contributed anything to it. All of his thoughts come from books he's read and what he's written classifies as pop psychology.

Can't be that easy to understand since most marxists identify as liberals.

He's better than most Murrican ((philosophers)), which are merely analytic academics.

He has utility in that he's very accessable and is a gateway to other philosophers. I think anyone under the age of 25 can benefit from his psychological lectures, and his enthusiasm for Western culture is something everyone should learning to have. Where he goes wrong is talking about postmodernism and feminists as if every bleeding-heart liberal has a secret agenda to take over the world (sure they're annoying but come on now) in order to make what he's talking about seem more important. He's also pretty self-centered and a little bit insecure, you can tell because when he debates someone he won't even let them continue if they disagree with him until they admit he is partially right. I went through a JP phase, his biblical series on yt is very worthwhile, but eventually I got to a point where I didn't think I could learn anything new from him and his self-centeredness turned me off. Now let's all stop making threads about him for a while eh?

No, he is an alt-right, white supremacist apologist and clueless transphobe

Now fuck off back to /pol/. Veeky Forums is a progressive board and has always been

Peterson is actually Canadian, not American.

good post, felt the exact same way after looking at a good amount of his videos

kill yourself

You unironically call him a nobody in the same breath you admit he's influencing quite a few people?

Politics is an agenda to take over the world - to change it according to your ideology. Liberals conspire to change things and conservatives conspire to keep them the same.
I don't respect someone who can't understand that.

STOP WITH PETERSONPOSTING FOR FUCK'S SAKE
I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE

vengeful bloodbath for the rich and successful with "we help opressed" as an excuse. Nothing more from Marx. Clean your room.

theres a legend told around the lands of kekistan ,about a brave wizard called jordan ,jordan was leading a normal meme farming life like any other kekistani ,until one day the bloody neo-marxists invaded the campuses , possessed by post-modernist ideologies ,jordan with the inspiration of lord all-mighty kek embodied the logos and spoke the damn truth ,levels of sorting never seen before were released and thus he gone into the unknown to slay the dragon of chaos and ressurected the dead father from the underworld ,the brave meme wizard then climbed to the top of the dominance hierarchy , holding the holy "gulag archipelago" open , he utters his first commandment "THOU SHALT CLEAN YOUR ROOM, BUCKO"

He is more, buckaroo.

this. from the depths of my soul this.

Dude Peterson is basically PAID by the university to do "research" and TEACH

Every vaguely psychedelic experience I have recently always involves Peterson in some way at the core like he's this kernel at the center of my soul asking me to do more work for him, like he's sending commands in the form of cascading rhythms throughout my brain to get more accomplished, and, but, like, there's not very much around to do, man!

learn to hide threads, it's easy

He's a psychologist who reiterates in a dumbed down fashion philosophical arguments.

It's what you call a public intellectual.

Doesn’t name the Jew so doesn’t love wisdom, therefore no

>20 mins in Photoshop
>a lot of work

He's pretty dumb toward the things he tried to argue against

Yes?

Does he do much public stuff like talks around Toronto?

he does this biblical series, not sure if it's finished or he is going to do more
jordanbpeterson.com/bible-series/

are you going to go heckle him or yell "pepe" in the middle of the lecture?

I think the use of 'clean your room' in a contemptuous, lecturing tone to intellectual opponents would run counter to Peterson's (I assume) sincere, charitable intentions.

Nah I wouldn't be rude. I just wanna see a living meme

His domain is psychology, not philosophy. That's not hard to understand. He hasn't studied analytical philosophers, just continental. And there is controversy over whether we should call continental philosophers like Nietzsche "philosophers." And by far the most influential people in his thinking have been psychologists. He has recently been dabbling with political philosophy but isn't doing work in it, he's just repeating stuff he read. So it's not as though we could call him a philosopher, just someone slightly read in continental philosophy who ties it into a predominantly psychological framework. Now stop posting about Peterson. I'm a fan but now I'm even starting to view all this with contempt.

Jordan B. Peterson is not a philosopher because instead of standing on the shoulders of previous giants and trailblazing a new path, he merely repeats the works of Nietzche and Jung to get that sweet sweet Patreon money.

When did Morrissey get so thin?

>marx
>philosopher
>implying he wasn't just a dissolutioned materialist Atheist Jew who had nothing to live for but was envious of everything gentile around him

He was, and his communist philosophy still is, the spiritual antithesis to Jewish Orthodoxy but with the same profane hatred of anything non-Jewish because they themselves could never and still cannot build a successful culture or nation.

Thats cool but he's still a philosopher

You are outing yourself as someone who has never read Marx, just like everyone else who says he's not a philosopher. If you read one random paragraph from anything in his body of work it would become immediately obvious to you.

Judaism is the only significant thing unique to western culture and the sole reason it is what it is. Orientals are stuck in a never ending state of becoming with their selfish mysticism.

Sounds like (false) advertising to me.

>Judaism
>Western

is philosopher a self-defined title or is it up to other people to make that claim and justify it?

You are correct but thats Christianity not Judaism

youtube.com/watch?v=RIB05YeMiW8&t=195s

jordan peterson is a retard. Just watch this video. he can't even give a good answer and has to do mental gymnastics to justify his religious retardation

don't play these language games on a Sunday

His answer was pretty much "I don't know." Agnosticism isn't retardation. It's the most logically sound position to theology.

Absolutely not.

>agnostic
>says he's christian in the video

>I dont mean that in a postmodern way
>literally means that in a postmodern way

He said agnostic insofar as the resurrection of Jesus.

youtube.com/watch?v=6h_mMVwQnAk

haha that is pretty funny

he simply talks as if all leftists are controlled by people who have a secret agenda to take over the world - is that incorrect?

yeah let's listen to someone whose mental stability is challenged by words on a screen

the reasons there is so much shilling against JP:
1) Paid shills trying to disrupt the gestation of subculture
2) Elective-bastards who have denied themselves the possibility of having a father figure attacking others out of jealousy for adopting a father figure (even though most of the time it is just the bastards' imagination and most people just want to discuss his ideas not adopt him as their father figure)

Basically JP provides the basis of the argument to kill all leftists and this is a threat to the status quo. Mix JPs objective refutation of leftism and the popular right-wing sentiment of the times and you get civil war. Danger!

>leftists
>the status quo

Not even worth a you

>mfw this learned theban btfo peterson

>fill in the blanks
Where did the teachings of ______ come from? Christ was a ___?

Peterson. Peterson.

> muh internet daddy :(
Fucking soyboys kys

He's the most influential intellectual in a decade.

>le cliches
one of the main problems with the marxistized retards on this board is that they do not realize cliches are cliches more often than not because they are true and applicable.

That is, applicable in reality, not in your bubble of affectatious enforced irony

Marx didn't invent neither dialectics nor materialism. Only useless bugmen academics locked away in safespaces on campus care about him, but no one cares about them or what they write so that's fine.

>I won't let myself have a daddy so now it's my job to make sure you don't have a daddy either
Marxism in a nutshell

wrong

Marx was the critical point. He was used to give the european status quo most of the capital in the world. The thinktanks you call "useless bugmen academics" are programming the machine. They are ruling the world.

If no one cared, there wouldn't be people whose job it is to travel the world, gain exposure, and say "Don't bother with Marx" and things like that.

> are programming the machine. They are ruling the world.

lol

Implying Marx matters in economics or politology any longer. Marx is read by literature studies, women's studies, critical studies and their multitude of abominable offspring.

What they care about is the children that go to these indoctrination camps. The theories themselves are completely removed from reality.

It's just a job.

It's more of a career. If he ever got kicked from UT, after the lawsuit paid for by his fans of course, he'd probably take his show on the road and start a podcast.

peterson is a shabbos goy

>Basically JP provides the basis of the argument to kill all leftists and this is a threat to the status quo. Mix JPs objective refutation of leftism and the popular right-wing sentiment of the times and you get civil war. Danger!
Please God tell me this is a bait, holy shit you're a fucking retard, i don't even know his ideas, and to be honest i don't care, i'm just fucking tired of entering on Veeky Forums and seeing guys shitposting about this fucker, there is no point, he is just an academic that got mainstream success because "lulz sjw r bad xdd"
I want to see threads about literature and philosophy, not about a fucking cognitive psychologist, this is tiring, really tiring
Also, die user

*steals all of it major ideas from Zoroastrianism after the Persians freed the Jews from Babylon*

>steals all of it major ideas from Zoroastrianism
like what user?

>he's either your father figure or you're a communist bucko with a dirty room

wow the discourse

The devil comes from Zoroastrianism.

holy fuck that cant be him

Daily Reminder To Destroy Empiricism And All Anglos With It!

>
>10411269

He's a momentary blip of a reactionary that was able to tap into an internet sub-culture fresh out of GamerGate to oppose SJWs; that most low-hanging of fruit. He was embraced into an internet sub-culture that elevated his visibility much higher than his middling academic pursuits ever would have garnered on their own merits.

There have been about a dozen threads on this faggot this weekend. Where the fuck are the mods?

Why is this fucker so wormy about his sacred "Tell the truth" principle, he adds major caveats to it, like "but don't tell too much", "don't say certain truths", "live in a way so you can tell the truth about what you do", "the truth can be cruel so don't tell that truth" and other ways to weasel out of criticism, all while saying that lies are evil and white lies are a weak substitute for the truth. Why not just change the principle entirely if you must addend it so heavily?

Is he right to add all of these caveats? I feel like it makes his principle meaningless and impractical or rather helps to demonstrate why it's useless.

It shows that he's not a philosopher, and should stick to psychology.

I think something as simple as "Know and understand the truth" would be far more helpful and in the same vein as the original. It cuts out the need to add things so that people don't start telling their peers about their intrusive thoughts on how they want to strangle their boss or burn down the building. His principle sounds easy, catchy, and practical but he reveals with his caveats that it's actually vague, situational and not as all-encompassing as he tries to make it out to be.