Genuinely compelling contemporary writers who aren’t Tao fucking Lin

>genuinely compelling contemporary writers who aren’t Tao fucking Lin

>Joshua Cohen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MIixN9oTOgk
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.poemhunter.com/i/ebooks/pdf/david_berman_2012_3.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjpzs3kyJHYAhVJw2MKHUCcD7gQFjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1V-g_Oc-wESjbF67mxnfLh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Evan Dara > all those fucking wannabes

Go to bed Josh

Literally don't know any

>((Joshua Cohen))
youtube.com/watch?v=MIixN9oTOgk

Kazuo Ishiguro
Thomas Pynchon
Cormac McCarthy

Not exactly contemporary when you'll probably be dead in five years

Dunno why Veeky Forums can't into DC Berman
>is only jewish ironically
>has a hot Catholic wife
>has only one out of print poetry publication but it puts all millennial writers to shame
Here's a PDF sampler of his work:
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.poemhunter.com/i/ebooks/pdf/david_berman_2012_3.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjpzs3kyJHYAhVJw2MKHUCcD7gQFjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1V-g_Oc-wESjbF67mxnfLh

Some find The Light in literature;
Others in fine art,
And some persist in being sure The Light shines in the heart.
Some find The Light in alcohol;
Some, in the sexual spark;
Some never find The Light at all And make do with the dark,
And one might guess that these would be A gloomy lot indeed,
But, no, The Light they never see
They think they do not need.

>a 45 year old man wrote this trash
wow yeah he sure puts millennials to shame am I right

WILLIAM T VOLLMANNNNNNNN

But would you rather read Tao Lin

Yes

Off to the Chinese room you go

Read The Lost Scrapbook pls

>stop reading the chinese, goys, read jews!

don't think so femme

>stop reading the chinese

Why the fuck would anyone do that

Evan Dara isn't any good, so don't fall for this nascent meme. Do yourself a favor and avoid this redditor and re-read Shakespeare or Flaubert or Goethe or even read something like Hegel's lectures on fine art. Life is short people

t. a big baby who likes to suck on his thumb

Good lord. Imagine being this reddit.

Are you pretending to read?

Even your precious Harold Bloom liked Ancient Evenings (prime ex. of the lit fedora tippers love to shit on.)

that's because Norman Mailer isn't a shitty writer who needs others to think for him

> needs others to think for him

Why are you so mad? Did you google Dara and see the tag "eco" and then disregard it because it doesn't line up with your worldview?

I highly doubt you've read any of his books.

Has anybody read Philip Roth? Got a copy of Sabbath's Theater at Goodwill.

You haven't even read any of the book you're pretending to discuss.

I'm mad because he's a bad writer who people here love to meme just because he pretends to be an heir to a certain tradition of actually good writers. You think I dislike him because he cares about the environment? I dislike him because he thinks writing about the environment should be in a novel. If he wants to be an activist all the more power to him, but this shitty gimmick signals weak fiction.

Some British & Irish writers worth reading / keeping an eye on:

>Kate Tempest
>Ned Beauman
>Evie Wyld
>Sarah Baume
>Sally Rooney
>Tom Morris
>Jon McGregor
>Colin Barrett
>Cynan Jones
>Lee Rourke
>Chris Killen

This is trash

What's so bad about his writing?
That's an extremely broad statement to make.
>I dislike him because he thinks writing about the environment should be in a novel

What about the ecological aspects present in Shakespeare's Othello? in War and Peace? Melville? Gravity's Rainbow (Tom literally tells you how to sabotage a bulldozer)? The Bible? The poetry of Eliot? In Ulysses?

Again, why are you pretending to read?
Are you emotionally stable?
What do you need to prove?

I never see Evan Dara meme'd in any way at all.

In fact, I'm glad idiots like you who think literature is a pissing contest stay away...

>I'm mad because he's a bad writer whoM people here love to meme(RUN-ON, COMMA PLEASE) just because he pretends to be an heir to a certain tradition of actually(ACKSHUALLY. ACTUAL, ASSHOLE! LEARN TO DICTION) good writers. You think I dislike him because he cares about the environment? I dislike him because he thinks writing about the environment should be in a novel. If he wants to be an activist all the more power to him, but this shitty gimmick signals weak fiction.

The way to write comments is fascinating. Seems like your brain is mostly air.

>uses meme unironically
>read the classics, guys

is this b8?

Yes. I just like to see how many people here who pretend to be smart and good readers can be so easily baited. I am actually looking forward to reading Dara soon.

>pretends to be retarded to a believable degree (ever read goodreads reviews?) to stir any semblance of excitement within him
>ha ha got you

The Eternal Soy strikes again.

get help, m8

yikes

>posts on a website where literally nothing is true as a given
Don't get mad because you're a gullible little boy.

what? are you high?

let's guess what personality disorder user has!

you guys are so angry at getting baited wow. Reddit rolls with the punches so much better than you guys

this, he is also handsome as fuck

This, comment chains are cancer

dude epic

Ben Metcalf
Kevin Barry

Stanford Pritchard

This dude sits in a park by my school eating bleu cheese raw, has an eyepatch, went to Haverford, used to be Nixon's paperboy, let Norman Mailer fuck his wife

Gave me a copy of his short stories, thought it would be crazy bullshit it turned out to be really good

no one>

I am a Middlebury College student goddamit

>allows corporate shilling
>removes comments that point out propaganda or corporate shilling
>allows blatant bot shilling
>allows people to have fake conversation trees, replying to themselves and drawing in other retards
>censors whole sub reddits
>censors whole categories of discussion
>has actual feds as mods on certain boards
oh dear user, you really should go back

>genuinely compelling contemporary writers who aren’t Tao fucking Lin

That's like saying "genuinely good people who aren't John Wayne Gacy.

pls respong

VOLLMANN

eww this guy is so self absorbed. i hate his face and how he has nothing to say and no wit to say it with.

Half of those sounds like university feminists and the other half sound like tom clancy knockoffs

at some point you gotta grow out of the "i was only pretending to be retarded" meme and realize life is too short for shitposting

newpleb pls go, you're kind is unwelcome hear

Wait what? Which subs have feds as mods? Id suppose is on the drug related ones right?

This is a seriously pathetic attempt on that user.

someone on this board once responded to a similar question with a completely unknown self-published writer who could barely be found on amazon (or the internet at all) but the user gave a rather lengthy and reasonable explanation for his choice. i wish i could remember the name

> (((Cohen)))

Ghost Writer is the best neutral milk hotel cover album of all time

Shut up, faggot.

Bad grammar is awful.

oh sweet, can we go to bed and play the american imperialism game??

this is only slightly better than rupi kaur

don’t type her name anymore