I'm a goddam abstract artists, you can't define me

Jealousy of our BIG BLACK SWANS

who is this guy

Buy my books pls.

Actual brainlet

>t. Social (((science))) grads

>tfw too hard for soft science
>tfw gamble on the stock market RATIONALLY

He means you should buy his book because he has so much more skin in the game than the whiny soyboys that shun him inside academia.

>I'm totally scientific without the bureaucracy guise!

With that said, I definitely recommend reading Taleb (but pirate it though).

underrated post.

twitter.com/untaleb?lang=en

He's right.

Kurt Vonnegut words it better in the intro to one of his novels (I forget which one sorry). Long and short of it: most people suck in their jobs.

Lucky for them, most of their bosses and co-workers also suck in their jobs they stay employed barring any colossal fuck-up.

He's not wrong. Social sciences are total snake oil.

he's right you know

I was going to compare modern social sciences to alchemy but then I realized that wouldn't be fair to alchemy because at least when alchemists got results they were reproducible.

not an issue, universities are a meme at this point, just wait until the crisis hits hard the coastal cities like it did the lower classes up until now, social justice will be devour itself in 2 weeks, only all the desperate meme money is keeping it running at this point

Bro lucky I started hitting the gym instead of going to college, what are those nerds gonna do in a few months when anarchy is taking over America

anarchy doesn't exist

Comforting feeling knowing that you don't need a clue to make it in professional life.

you do, on the other hand, need to be a psychopath, as in, fundamentally derive pleasure from manipulating others. good luck.

he's right but it's 99 for every other non journalistic profession
t. napoleon

>he hasn't read girard

looks like some kind of budget lacan

What does Girard have to say on this that's interessting?

>"Dude, people, like, imitate each other's desire and shieet"

alright kiddies thats enough computer for today, don't you have high school exams to study for?

Stop making me a scapegoat

kek

LMAO sauce on this?

Does he really think that 90% of neurosurgeons "roleplay" their way through stitching up people's brains?

yeah...they actually do. They basically do what some other smart brain surgeon said they should do, not use any of their own faculties. If something surprising comes up, they're at a loss, that's why surgeries go bad all the damn time. I actually worked with a lot of doctors at one, point, most are bad at it.

No idea who the original quote guy is, but I've found it to be true. Most people in any profession are bad at it, and there's a handful of people who have real skill, and it's not coincidence that they're also the people who have a true passion for it as well, not just jackoffs who got into the job because they heard it pays well.

This is why if you find an actually good doctor, or lawyer, or carpenter, or fucking waitress, it's actually kind of surprising. You think damn, this guy actually knows what they're doing. It's surprising to you because it's unusual for anybody to be good at their jobs.

the proper description (that the sandnigger gives in full if you actually read him) is that skills are distributed accordingt o a pareto curve

10-20% of the people have 80-90% of the skill

the median skill is far under the mean skill, hence most people are "bad"

>10-20% of the people have 80-90% of the skill

I've definitely found that to be true in every single profession i've been in, or come into contact with.

Fucking kek

thank you for alerting me to this

np

as far as the best reasonable metrics go it is universally true

it seems to be related to genetic distribution of traits as they relate to threshold effects

Exactly what he said. It's true.

>twitter.com/untaleb?lang=en
Test spike immediately.

I'm a full stack programmer and he is absolutely correct about me.
I've talked to other programmers too, and we all feel like we are the least competent person in the building, just copying other people's work, and hacking it. Every single programmer I've spoken to thinks this of himself, even if his coworkers think he is the biggest expert.

Actual Taleb:

Never met a classicist who understands
1) Semitic philology
2) that times has an arrow that flows in one direction
3) that genetics like paternity tests >> oral history
4) that East-Med (Greek, Anatolian, Armenian & Canaanite) genetics are similar

Maximum-ultra Taleb:
>the same but in all-caps

Literally "most people are drones"

learn to fucking read moron

sage