Leonard Cohen

We've had some good Dylan threads, so how about Cohen. What do you think of the ol' romancer's work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BLsoQU_rlso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is a Euro-centric literature board, take this jewish stuff elsewhere.

Thank you. Fuck off, OP

Kek, I'm pretty sure Cohen's soul is more genuinely Euro than yours.

Jews don't have souls, but even if they did and such a thing was quantifiable you'd still be wrong.

>doo-doo doo

So what happens if you're half-Jewish? Do you have half a soul? What's the ontology of that?

>eurocentric

since when?

How can you be half Jewish?
If your mother is a jew, you're a jew, it's that simple.

This is a white literature board with a few outliers here and there.

>Jews don't have souls
Heresy. It's in the soul that we attain knowledge of God. If jews don't have souls, then they're blameless for rejecting God.

Suzanne is a good song

>if you have jewish blood it negates the other blood
>genetics don’t matter unless i want it too
>also im 140 iq aryan because my brown haired peasant family lived in germany 3 generations ago
lol at you

>completely ignoring the fact that jewery is indeed transmitted by the mother.

Try picking up Mein Kampf if you want the truth about Jews

He looks like Dustin Hoffman

That's a legal definition, idiot. Do you have any concept of how genetics work? You get just as much jewish DNA from having jewish father as you will a jewish mother.

>genetics
>religion

We don't like Jews with the exception of those who converted to Christianity. Fuck off, kike.

His first three albums were good, especially the first one, which was true poetry. Everything after that is pop shit with a few exceptions here and there.

Do you stormtards who camp here (I think there are 2 or 3 of you who contribute the bulk of the stormtardation comments - the Culture of Critique tard is one, and then there are a couple more) actually contribute anything to discussion of literature? Do you ever discuss non-fascist, non Jew-related works? For that matter, have you ever even read the fascist and Jew-related works?

I like some of the pop shit but yeah, I more or less agree. His earlier stuff was more naked and poetic. In his later stuff he seems to have developed a set artistic character - the classy poetic rogue with a Russian bard voice, a Casio keyboard sound, and backup singers. It's a cool artistic character, but it lacks the vulnerable mystic beauty of stuff like Suzanne.

youtube.com/watch?v=BLsoQU_rlso

His best song imo. One of his most simple but to me it sums his vision up perfectly.

I hope you realize how stupid you sound mimicking these jewish talking points and still being ignorant of the JQ on the brink of 2018.

Referring to a specific number of stormtards who hang out on an obscure image board is a Jewish talking point? Did the Elders of Zion send me a memo telling me to say there are about 3 stormtards who always hang out on Veeky Forums?

That's a great song. I think "Lady Midnight" is another great simple one that he wrote. Concise, and it sends off many currents of perception.
"Suzanne" is the one that I find most affecting. It has a certain mysticism that I haven't found elsewhere, although I think there's probably some poem I haven't read that moves in similar ways.
"There are heroes in the seaweed
There are children in the morning
They are leaning out for love
And they will lean that way forever
While Suzanne holds the mirror"

>posts the most poetic mainstream artists of our time
>response is jew this euro that

Jesus. How does Cohen fit into your Jewish meme? His relationship to religion is nothing political.

Can you fuck off? Some of us are trying to talk about art and lit around here. Sorry you are salty that Jews make better songs than you, deal with it somewhere else.

From his later stuff, I think that "Alexandra Leaving", his adaptation of a Cavafy poem, is quite good.

"Suddenly the night has grown colder
The god of love preparing to depart
Alexandra hoisted on his shoulder,
They slip between the sentries of the heart
Upheld by the simplicities of pleasure
They gain the light, they formlessly entwine
And radiant beyond your widest measure
They fall among the voices and the wine
It's not a trick, your senses all deceiving
A fitful dream, the morning will exhaust
Say goodbye to Alexandra leaving
Then say goodbye to Alexandra lost
Even though she sleeps upon your satin
Even though she wakes you with a kiss
Do not say the moment was imagined
Do not stoop to strategies like this
As someone long prepared for this to happen
Go firmly to the window, drink it in
Exquisite music Alexandra laughing
Your first commitments tangible again
And you who had the honor of her evening,
And by the honor had your own restored
Say goodbye to Alexandra leaving
Alexandra leaving with her Lord..."

Beyond lyricism his delivery is usually perfect, which is peculiar because his singing is almost talking. I think the way he delivers the second stanza in that song ('And Jesus was a sailor') is unparalleled. He just seemed to have a voice perfect for reading poetry.

Look at this delusional jew. Go to leddit or any of the other sites where you can't talk about the jewish problem if it bothers you. Veeky Forums is not for you.

You have given no reason why your Jewish Question is relevant to the works of Leonard Cohen. You posters are all about implications and never point to anything pertinent.

He originally wanted to be a writer of books and poems, and he came to be a musician in his 30s. Maybe this helped him to approach singing with a writer's sensibility regarding the sounds and contours of words.

One of the greatest evenings of my life was seeing him in college back in 2012. One of the biggest regrets was missing the first part of the concert.