/christmas/

What books are you getting for the women in your life?

Got my Momma a silver cross bracelet because she loves Jesus

Good question, user. I need some suggestions.

why must you bring up women you cunt

Fuck you asshole.

I mean you can still buy a book for your mom or your sister

Got pic related for my mother since she likes Tolkein

should've got her the screwtape letters by Lewis

Hardback copy of a photography exhibition from 1955 called The Family of Man. Photographs from all walks of life around the world of really happy things such as live birth but also some sad images as well. I really suggest looking it up Veeky Forumsizens, it will leave you more optimistic about mankind than you were before. Got a copy for my mom too.

As for actual literature, I bought myself some of the classics I've yet to read this past week such as Faust, Divine Comedy, and others and I'm sure my girlfriend will borrow some of them

I might give this one a shot. Is it any good?

Giving my sister a first edition Wapshot Chronicles.

That image is so beautiful it makes me want to kill myself.
>I am the final chapter of a story that's been going on for close to 4 billion years

Everything Is Meaningless
1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.
Wisdom Is Meaningless
12 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. 13 I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind! 14 I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

15 What is crooked cannot be straightened;
what is lacking cannot be counted.
16 I said to myself, “Look, I have increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge.” 17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.

18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief.

My Mommy is the only person in my life.
I'm getting her clothing and a book of Father Brown stories. She only reads mysteries but has never read Chesterton so it seems like a good choice.

1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

3 What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

8 All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

12 I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.

13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

15 That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.

16 I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.

17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Staggering difference, innit?

joyce for my sis
zadie smith for my mum
hamsun for my gramma

>mum
Nothing
>Sister
Nothing
>GF
Brothers karamazov maybe, or just a collection of shorter books. She said she has never read any Camus so maybe that.

Well, I got her Feast of the Goat, but things fell through, and I’m left with a broken heart. So I’m just going to gift the book to my aunt for Christmas, whom I don’t really like. Things worked ou, I suppose.

Ecclesiastes is best book

nvm thats why hes a fucking sad loner
can't even hold any degree of consideration for his own mother

Blake, Blake and Blake

My sister is illiterate, she only reads pop-sci and blog posts.

It's beautifully illustrated and its got the lovely writing of Tolkien. I highly recommend it.

Middlemarch is appropriate for a mom right?

Lolita for 12 year old niece

Bottom's Dream for 5'0 Thai girlfriend. She can stand on it so I can reach to kiss her.

Which version is this please? This is the first one I would like to read.

Look at the way she's resting her head on his shoulder in adoration. He's her rock, the core of their family. He's a kind man, a strong man. A provider. A man you can be proud of.

If it makes you feel better, you probably have cousins that aren't useless.

I got my mom The Man Who Was Thursday for Christmas two years ago, idk if she read it.

What book should I get my 15 year old brother this year? His favorite is Ready Player One right now.

I’m getting me mum a In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.

King James Version (KJV)

I got her Thackeray and one of the Bronte sisters. BTW, I saw your thread on /pol/

My girlfriend's a pretty big John Green fan. Her copy of Turtles All The Way Down is wrapped nicely under the tree.

How DARE you post a white family, you PIG. You privileged PIG. I BET YOU ARE A NAZI. I BERT YOU LOOOOVE HITLER

Where's my great friend Habibi?? YOU'RE A RACIST ASSHOLE

--t. the overwhelming lefties from this board who have leaked through Reddit

Lefty here. I can assure you we're not all like that.

Nothing good. Mum wanted the new Janet Evanovich and some shitty thing from the Christian bookstore.
Got little brother the first two Akira manga.
Gf wanted Kingdom Hearts comics
I asked for a few Veeky Forums books this year. After Christmas going to buy some Veeky Forums gifts for myself.
Has anyone written themselves a book list for 2018?

Why are you so angry?

he's not white and pissed off about it

Got Mom "Substitute" by Nicholson Baker because she's a teacher (and she used to be a sub too)
Got Sis "Turtles All The Way Down" because she likes John Green.
Got my girlfriend some Kripke because I'm trying to figure out if I can say she exists or not.

pleb

My sister's didn't even break the cover for the books I got them last year...

It's her choice not mine.

Bought my younger sisters the complete wheel of time series. I hope they appreciate the length.

are you kidding me? those fucks dress like mormons. best to be a bachelor in this day and age. women and kids are distractions. stick to the books. it's the only way to transcend your animal nature.

fuck a bitch, my nigga. aint nu'in but hoes and tricks. you my main nigga off no hype shit bruh. we keepin it real up in this muhfucka. asala'am alaikum.

Which version is this?

turn off the autism for a second, kid

Got a collection of Norse myths/poetry for my gf

your gf is a pleb

more cookbooks. Is there any other option?

both of you have deformed brains. norse mythology is garbage, nordic poetry is lolworthy

>those fucks dress like mormons.
What's wrong with that?

Yes, Cockbooks.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!11
It´s ok, I will show myself out.

Thinking of gifting this to a qt, half-ironically.

To your gf or to a girl you don't know? If the latter get her some actual poetry like Ovids erotica

A friend of mine, whom I'm kinda dating.

I hope she gets you a book on grammar.

Get actual poetry until you're seriously dating.

>If the latter get her some actual poetry like Ovids erotica
Whut you mean the former?

But he used whom correctly.

Hoes over family? Not a good look, user-kun.

Maybe Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? It's not well loved here but it's certainly better than Ready Player One, and something tells me you aren't going to win him over with classic lit yet.

Speaking of plebbit leaking, looks like you got lost in the sauce, inbred.
_D

I WANT A FAMILY NOW

>sister's
>bloomposting
checks out

t.havent read any of the Eddas in Norse. Håvamål is great.

Is learning Norse hard user? I started learning German and am finding it quite easy.

not even meming

Cooking, poetry , ya fiction, and a lot of coffee table books.

Get in line you stupid frogposter. We all do.

shopping from the discount bin, I see.

when am i gonna have an aryan qt in a wheat field?

>right winger? lol inbred trailer trash

>Anscombe's Intro to Wittgenstein's Tractatus
>Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
>On Certainty
>Philosophical Investigations, 4th ed. (wondering if I made a huge mistake in not getting the 3rd)
>The Brothers Karamazov, trans. Ignat Avsey

I will buy my wife beowulf