..w-what!?

..w-what!?

Start here and pay close attention when he starts talking about the distinction between essence and existence. It's super important and it's what On Being and Essence is about.

can't we talk about it here?

You have my permission

>Heaven is like... watching God on TV, for eternity.
t. Thomas Aquinas

Well, what the hell was that book about? It was so short it went by in a flash and I didn't understand half of it. I'm currently reading it again. I don't think the concepts he's trying to define are overtly complex, but he phrases everything in such strange and convoluted ways. What was your take on the book?

Are you really asking what the book titled Aquinas: A Beginner's Guide is about? It's about Aquinas. It's a beginners guide. It'll introduce you to the philosophy of Aquinas.

are you trying to be funny

You asked me what the book was about and I told you. I hope you weren't asking me what On Being and Essence was about because I already told you in my first post. You couldn't be that dense.

>I already told you in my first post
Point it out

>It's super important and it's what On Being and Essence is about.

Let's go over the whole exchange, shall we?

-Hey, I didn't understand x book
-read y book, it explains it
-can't we discuss it here though?
-sure
-.....sooo, what did you think of it
- lol r u dense or wut xD

Okay just pretend you didn't ask me what the book was about right after I told you what it was about. I can't have a conversation about a book with somebody who won't pay attention.

This level of denial should be illegal

What am I denying?

That you didn't understand that this was about the actual book, not about the guide to the book.

I genuinely thought you was talking about the beginners guide at first because I didn't want to assume you were so dense. Now I know better. I'm not denying that you were asked me what On Being an Essence was about even though I already told you. What makes you think I was denying that?

quality thread

Actually giggled, thanks for brightening up an otherwise painful day OP you delightful moron.

>the mistake was mine, but it's you who is dense
To live in your world, if only for an instant

I suppose that giving a retard the benefit of the doubt could be considered a mistake, albeit a kind one.

This thread captures the essence of Aquinas's work pretty well. Would have been perfect if someone had proved their point by citing a medieval rabbi.

oh man pwnd

So, do of have anything to say about Aquinas' work at all, or are you as clueless as me but too busy patting yourself in the back because you can't see how much and how far you fucked up?

I do of have nothing to say while patting my back

Irrelevant philosopher.
Read Sparknote versions of Augustine, Descartes & Hume and then jump to Kant (read him) and Hegel (read him).

Stanford Plato is also viable option

>Irrelevant philosopher

>then jump to Kant

>skip all of lower middle ages, carolingian renaissance, and higher middle ages philosophers

(You)