The Eve of St Agnes

>The Eve of St Agnes
>Good poem
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

pull down your writing pants and lets see what youre working with big boy

the bit where porphyro comes out the closet and wakes madeline so that they can eat gourds, dates and other exotic foods gave me a hard-on

You asked:
A Body of elegant prose
expresses in lines a life,
thick frames 'round peepers &
swaddled in that old green coat.
There's a December rose
to your sweet porcelain,
resolute & loving,
but weak in this moment:
"My first time?
... I was raped"

Keats Cuck

Someone who has never tried to creatively write cannot truly comprehend or critique a work of creative writing

I agree. I like Keats but I don't get the praise for this

>you have to be a chef to know something tastes like shit

>eats books

>artistic taste developed including the lack of comprehension of the mindstate required to attempt to creatively write therefore lacking a particular quality I am suggesting forces the inability to fully comprehend or accurately critiquing a work of creative writing

>you see my poem isn't shit because I tried really hard

Is this what they teach in schools now

>im a 10 year old who tried to write a short story so I have more grounds now to comprehend and critique a piece of creative writing than a harvard literary professor who has never attempted to creatively write

>I didnt say more grounds, only a particular unquantified or qualified lacking

OP here. All I'm saying is that The Eve of St Agnes is shit compared to the rest of Keats's work and the work of his contemporaries. I don't understand why anybody would pay attention to this poem when poems like To Autumn and Ode to a Nightingale exist.

because he has a relatively small output (because relatively short life) and so real hipsters when they see the an Artist has worthy genius in work A and B and C, and then consume them much and love them and celebrate them, also can possibly learn to appreciate and be thankful that great artist also provided them with work Q and r, and z.

Like people who like every bob dylan album, or every rare beatles cut.

I always really like Letter to Emma by Keats

—Ah, bitter chill it was!
The owl, for all his feathers, was a-cold;
The hare limp'd trembling through the frozen grass,
And silent was the flock in woolly fold:
Numb were the Beadsman's fingers, while he told
His rosary, and while his frosted breath,
Like pious incense from a censer old,
Seem'd taking flight for heaven, without a death,
Past the sweet Virgin's picture, while his prayer he saith.
OP are you having a laff m8? There are 42 stanzas, and this is the first and it already seems awesome

yeah its great OP is a mongoloid, read and enjoy

But it's not

Great argument there kiddo. You sure convinced me you're not just some sullen no-talent shooting spitballs at giants

Not an argument

>muh forests
>muh nymphs
>durr science is bad

there you go, now you know everything Keats has to say

I read it every January 20th. My parents wedding anniversary. They divorced quite some time ago, of course..
But OP does have a point. It isn't the type of poem one can look in from time to time (like a mirror) for evidence of one's own changed (for the richer) mind, i.e. it stays pretty much the same. Unlike the odes, which change.

not an argument

its bad! no its good! no its bad! no its good! I like it! I dont like it! I like it! you are wrong and dumb for liking it! you are wrong and dumb for not liking it! its good! you are wrong and dumb for thinking its good! its bad! you are wrong and dumb for thinking its bad!

Do people praise this one? I'm a Keats fan but that was definitely his worst

whats bad about it

La Belle Dame Sans Merci is my favorite Keats poem. It's the only poem I've ever read that made my skin crawl.