Just read this, what do I think?

Just read this, what do I think?

overrated piece of garbage throw it in the trash

daaaaaamn B i thought it was comfy, it took me about 3 hours to read

You could've read V. in that time

Yeah, possibly the quintessential work in the this-aint-your-granddady's-literature genre. There's a reason tha most of his fans are people who don't otherwise read much (teens and early twenties people love him). I don't see how you can be well-read and love Vonnegut. He's unbeliavably derivative of like a hundred different writers all of whom are about as inconsequential as he is imo.

>“I wish someone had just told me the truth right up front, as soon as I was old enough to understand it. I wish someone had just said: “Here’s the deal, Wade. You’re something called a ‘human being.’ That’s a really smart kind of animal. Like every other animal on this planet, we’re descended from a single-celled organism that lived millions of years ago. This happened by a process called evolution, and you’ll learn more about it But trust me, that’s really how we all got here. There’s proof of it everywhere, buried in the rocks. That story you heard? About how we were all created by a super-powerful dude named God who lives up in the sky? Total bullshit. The whole God thing is actually an ancient fairy tale that people have been telling one another for thousands of years. We made it all up. Like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. “Oh, and by the way … there’s no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. Also bullshit. Sorry, kid Deal with it.”
>~Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

god btfo.

Why is Vonnegut so boring?

cuz he's the prototypical redditor.

This is painful to read. Why do people like this?

It's one of the most banal things I've ever read. There are teens that aren't this trite and tryhard.

based

Is it me or Kurt look like a less hippie version of Terence Mckenna?

but thats

Thats not from SH5.

lol what's it from

Its from "Taipei" by Tao Lin.

Ready Player One

it's ready player one lmao

i literally thought KV wrote that and i was a fan of his in his school and read most of his bibliography

why did i like pure shit :(

I liked it. Not a masterpiece but it was good, and the last few chapters genuinely got to me.

It's perfectly reasonable to like him in high school. Like someone above pointed out he is for people who haven't read much. That and his faux wise stance and edginess make him a perfect avatar for high schoolers.

It made you cry and it's one of Vonnegut's best works

t. ernie cline

Its better if you interpret it literally.

just making sure, but y'all realize that pasta is not Vonnegut, right?

Meh. Felt sad about the horse doctors for some reason, not sure why.l

I read this in HS and it was probably the first book that really made me love reading, so it will always have a special place in my heart.