I dont get it

i dont get it

Are you a women and/or black?

He turned into a bug, I thought it was pretty obvious

It's about feeling like a useless piece of shit.

isn’t it kinda about how people are innately selfish in their relationships or some shit and that if you don’t offer anything you get shit on by the world... I don’t fuckin know man ask the other guy

both

Thanks for destroying the white world

he said she was black (pbuh) not wh*te

The work thrives off the fact that, while it’s a fairly simple short story, it is obscure enough to allow for a wide range of interpretations. Some say the metamorphosis never actually happened and he is not a physical bug, but a vermin. Also, there is a lot of critique at work on both the family of Gregor and Gregor himself. Kafka seemed to usually blame his protagonist as much as the outside forces that come in opposition.

>Some say the metamorphosis never actually happened and he is not a physical bug, but a vermin.

That's really dumb, now I read it in English but there were plenty of very explicit and plot dependent aspects that made it clear he physically transformed. The apple getting stuck in his carapice for instance.

Now you could say durr its all a metaphor but its a bit trite

It's about a man's transformation from contributing member of society to hikikomori.

lol
that about sums up how I feel about any interpretation that considers it a metaphor

Its about depression.

>Kafka is white

I don't get it

LOL THE WORLD IS SO COMPLEX NOW YOU'LL NEVER PEEL AWAY THE LAYERS OF OBFUSCATION LMAO

essential r9k reading

Crazy-ass lonely salesman turns to a fuckin bug, how absurd! His family doesn't give a fuck either, how fuckin paradoxical!

3/10

Nabukov wrote a couple words about, basically stuff like, he turned into a bug whereas his family in the bodies of humans behaves like one blah

it is a straightforward narrative
based upon a simple but absurd notion
what if, and use your imagination for a second,
woke up the next day - as a cockroach?

well, metamorphisis is a plausible scenario

cracker ass dude turns into a bug, has r9k feels, the end

people lose their collective shit over it because he was a jew from generations ago and the people sipping vodka at college party said it was profound

What’s their to get, kid? You don’t like absurdism? Huh? Well? Answer me. Quiet, eh? What are you, some kinda faggot or something?