Is there a book that talks about motivation? Like a philosophical take on why would someone want anything at all...

Is there a book that talks about motivation? Like a philosophical take on why would someone want anything at all, beyond its primary needs.

Nietzsche.
Most philosophers?

J

I want to fuck that chick in op’s pic and that motivates me to masturbate

i'm talking about the act of wanting by itself, like, is there a way to control my determination to do something? Simply knowing that work is good doesn't motivate me to work.

Don't give in to the jezabels.
Op see how you tempt them?

Oblomov

I've seen her on Veeky Forums. If it weren't for the tatoos she'd be a 9.5.

what is your personal 10/10?

Does not exist in 3D.

Human Action by mises

blue eyes
a bit bubblier butt
if she was 5ft7, with same proportions
no tattoos
she'd be a 10/10

You see; this post motivated me to reverse image search and now I’m twice as motivated to masturbate. Thanks user

The life you can save

Should I have expected the thread derailment?

This is what you get for posting JEZABELS!

My only motivation to live is the thought that I might someday have a slutty Brazilian gf.

Myth of Sisyphus, Albert Camus

Psychologists like Skinner, Freud and Maslow
you need to be a bit more careful reading these guys because some falsifiable empirical claims that make up their positions have poor or different receptions in modern science than they did at publication.

REMOVE THOTS FROM MY Veeky Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anti-Oedipus discusses "motivation" (desire) chiefly as a field rather than an event, a series of parts in a vast, flowing framework rather than a line of intent from subject to object. Desire here seems to be less personal, taking on the quality of "upward movement" as it were- the parts of your body desire to work in certain ways with other parts, plants desire to maximize their sunlight, a full bladder makes you desire relief. If you want something then the framework that leads you to want it already exists...
The problem one might have with this is that it rings a bit deterministic, but lol who cares? Why do you need a better reason to work than "work is good"? If you truly knew that work was good (which, admittedly, is difficult to realize if you don't work) you'd not have a problem, I think. Fulfill your life, user.

"Be that word our sign of parting, foul temptress!" I shrieked, upstarting-
"Get thee back to /s/ and the r/girlsgonewild galore!
Leave no jpg as a token of that lie they soul hath spoken!
TAKE THY THOTS FROM OFF MY BOARD AND GTFO YOU ROASTIE WHORE!"
Quoth the OP "Nevermore."

Nigger you don't need motivation. What you need is discipline.

sidarta

This but more emphatically. Every time I see some pic related I want to kms

Check out Mihail Csikszentmihalyi on "Flow"

Also check out William James on radical empiricism, pragmatism, and the principles of psychology - his phenomenology of the human mind has it so that our "factual" beliefs about the world ("there are no dinosaurs," "I must eat to live," "politics is fundamentally about justice") are holistically constituted with our affects/values (what we care about, positively or negatively) and our drives, impulses, and commitments. It's a very interesting model, best presented in his Varieties of Religious Experience maybe.

Very similar to James is Wittgenstein in his work on ethics. He has a short essay on religion that goes well with James' work on religion, where one's "religion" becomes that which one takes "gravely seriously" (James' definition), that which one holds up in one's mind as a reason for acting.

Similarly, Heidegger's idea of the for-the-sake-of-which. We can "be in the world" in various ways, and some of those ways involve merely existing, going with the flow. To have a for-the-sake-of-which that drives us to move through the world and take it to task is to be properly authentic

Thanks, user. I'll check out those recommendations.

bump

>clicks this thread

"I'm here to pontificate on jezabels, hussies, thots, pawgs, skanks, and nasty nasty hoes"

That's nasty, user.

>tfw think I have loli fetish
>Baby sister grows into nymphet stages
>Ruins it forever
It's a meme

Miguel De unamuno

The Fountainhead might be good for you.

Not a pedo, but what a qt.

why did you feel the need to say that? and those are fascinating digits user

I actually really hate baby faces on grown 3D girls. Something about it is offensive.

>why did you feel the need to say that?
Because she's a qt.

But the OP, always boasting, still is posting, still is posting
All the pallid murky nonsense of a complete and total boor;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a man not worth redeeming,
And the screen-light o'er him streaming casts the image of some whore;
And my soul from out that image which depicts said thot of yore
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

WHY MUST YOU POST TH- nvm she ugly af

Nietzsche - Genealogy of Morals.

>chick

It's a shame she's such a despicable person