Can you imagine being a monolingual?

Can you imagine being a monolingual?

Literally so fucking dumb you can only speak one language?

Missing out on an entire experience/academic field because you're unga bunga retarded?

How fucking horrifying

Eh I don't care.

rather be an extreme master of one

Don't care as long as I'm white. Imagine being a nigger and speaking 10 languages. Don't give a shit, if I just speak American and am genetically and intellectually superior, who cares?
There are more important things than these Jewish brainwashing tricks to raise normies to feel important. Like finding a traditional wife and raising white children

kek

Meh. I speak three languages fluently. There's no real reason to be multilingual if your native tongue is English. If you enjoy learning languages, great, but it's just time-consuming, not difficult. I don't understand why anyone would look down on monoglots.

>ITT people somehow unaware of the Asian (Chinese) Century incoming
Lmao at you Wh*tes, how will you even survive without the new lingua franca?

Fuck off Ezra Pound, nobody wants to read your book on the ABC's.

Yeah, it's terrible. I wouldn't understand English nearly as well if I hadn't taught myself a fair amount of Latin.

Good thing English is objectively the greatest language.

You're still monolingual dumbass

Why in hell are you posting this on multiple boards?

My L1 is Japanese, so I may as well be monolingual in the realm of literature.
However, I'm learning German right now and it's very fun.

let us know when you become a master

What the fuck? You know they combined all the Romance languages into one big lingua franca so that we don't have a gazillion shitty languages flying around while not being able to understand anybody. I'd say that if you speak multiple languages you are a dumbass because:

>most people speak english anyway
>that time you spent learning fucking ching chong language could have been spent on something more productive (i.e. LITERALLY EVERYTHING)
>clearly cant make up your mind about how you are gonna communicate with others; you are just confusing yourself and everybody around you

Nothing pisses me off more than a multilingual person mixing up vocabulary between the languages you speak. Like what the hell, you say you learnt a new language to be able to communicate better but you are did the exact fucking opposite because now you are mixing up vocab words and everybody is confused.

If you are an English speaker, never learn another language. Use that time wisely. If your native language isnt English, learn English ASAP and be done with learning new languages. There is absolutely NO reason why a person should speak more than two languages, maximum.

I speak English and French. Come at me bro. Learning Latin next year, then greek

>tfw bothering to learn another language when you already know english

Well I now live and work in a different country. Thinking reality begins and ends with one language is quite sad really.

>There's no real reason to be multilingual if your native tongue is English.

>reading translations
>not reading something in the original language
>always losing things
>not able to read something not translated
>not able to get into another culture, History, literature, people, etc.

Leave Veeky Forums and go back to /r9k/, /pol/ or reddit.

We're all human dude unless you are saying we are like biologically different or smth. Ur not racist are you?

Imagine being this dumb.

>you can't get into the culture without being fluent in the language
>learning a language to read a limited number of books

You can only master a language if you know at least two. Knowing one language is the equivalent of having only one perspective.

Demonstrate pls

to truly reach the archimedean point, you must triangulate with three.
t. english speaker who learned french and then greek for massive language gains

german and latin are next. i will be a god.

You are partially right. I don't wanna call you ignorant or dumb, but the way you put it it's just too black and white. Learning multiple languages isn't a waste of time if you do it for precise and useful reasons. A lot of times you don't learn a language for communication but for academic/information reasons. I myself have learned French and Spanish for books and currently learning German to hopefully move and work in Austria. I don't plan to speak French or Spanish, but I always practice my German speaking abillities so I can be taken seriously by a native speaker. For French or Spanish, I'll read a few dozens pages of literature and call it a day.

Latin and greek? Well that is useless