What is it with the delusion that most adults have of: "I have kids and I work a job/tend my fields and I am able to...

What is it with the delusion that most adults have of: "I have kids and I work a job/tend my fields and I am able to consider life from various angles, I am a full participant in society, (and consequently, materialistically, the right chemicals are dumping into my head since I'm fulfilling my animal urges in a complexly gratifying way) therefore society is basically good and I'm basically right to be participating in it." You'll even see it all the time on here with one of the most common canards to people who express petulant or 'edgy' thoughts is to "grow up".

Are there any writers who have written about the performativity of adulthood? I can only think of J.D. Salinger.

*I meant to say platitude, not canard.

Grow up

I think there's plenty of adults with kids that believe that not everything's right with the world, user.

Guilt.

" . . . the veil with which self-love conceals our moral infirmity must be torn away."

t. Kant

You can't convince normies to tear away the veil, they are living in their own fantasy land that rewards their decisions. Arguing with people about this like walking into church and yelling GOD ISN'T REAL. It doesn't matter, everybody will still call you a faggot and there's nothing you can do about it. It's a waste of time.

The best you can do is have a positive outlook, ignore the fact that the world is garbage, seek your own fulfillment and realize that nothing you can do will change anything so you either make peace with your privilege of being able to embrace the veil, or you become a depresso activist faggot being mad at a world you can't change. Look at the "socially aware" activists of today, the ones who acknowledge the system sucks. Are these happy people making the world a more peaceful and empathetic place? No, they are just stirring the shit pot even harder. Welcome to hell nigger.

What is it with the delusion that most frogfaggots have of: The world is collapsing, everyone is miserable, and everyone who doesn't acknowledge this is a brainwashed retard?
You'll see it constantly on here with one of the most common platitudes being 'normie', etc.

If your definition of "good" is "a fair, non-violent world where people are free to pursue their own interests" then by your own definition, we live in a grimdark universe. People are forced by threat of violence or poverty and so ultimately physical pain to do work they do not want to do, they are imprisoned, killed in wars, defrauded by scams, and so on. So compared to an ideal, this world is trash. Some people are #woke to this and thus bitching about systemic oppression and other terms, whether you buy their fix or not, whatever. The point is, if you were to design a world and your only criteria was "it must be 'decent' ", would you make it exactly like or even close to the one that exists now? If so, what the fuck is wrong with you?

>waaahhhh, I jus wanna sit in my undies and have mommy bring me tendies, y do i haf to work, waaaaahhhh #howcrueldothlife
t. (you)

Why do people criticize others for being unable to cope with the demands of life when they never consented to participating in life in the first place?

hehe I turned all the words around, now YOU are the silly one :DD
Every time

actually, I do not suffer for my income

but many people do for theirs. they also suffer from the effects of my income. if you can't imagine a better civilization, maybe you just have a bad imagination.

There's an easy and affordable solution to this conundrum
First, you'll need some rope and a chair

Shit. I would even lend him the chair and rope - no charge.

So they can kill you, the people who profit from and ignore the misery of others?

They tried that a few times, it doesn't work. Hedgemony's violence and information game too strong, and the movement is always corrupt from the start.

Put some stink oil on the bait next time. No (you) for you.

did someone really go to the trouble of making that stupid picture
some people really need to find something better to do with their time

The average artist, Bohemian, mystic, etc. (read: "bum") is probably on a lower level of psychological development than a humble guy who just does their job.

>it's another 'i am miserable therefore everything must be miserable and others are just too stupid to see it' user

please learn to write with better grammar, your syntax is awful. parse your thoughts out so others can make sense of them.
>why do people respond in cliches to cliched complaints?
most of the people on here who are frustrated with techno-capitalism culture industry civilization are not capable of expressing themselves coherently. There is a serious lack of conscientiousness on internet forums and among the more active intellectuals of the millenial and gen z cohorts.
>performativity
hmm, I think its more just the calicification of the human spirit. Maturing into adulthood is a normal transition that everyone makes once they leave college, it used to take place around 15 for women and 21 for men in all European societies. Perhaps, and I'm not trying to downplay your concerns, you are not capable of reconciling your rebellious spirit with the duties you are neglecting to fulfill as a blossoming human being? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't have a job do you? Do you study anything rigorously? Have you committed to an opposite sex partner ever for at least a year, with no cheating? How much have you written on your own, do you write down your research and thoughts at the very least?

You realize, I really hope, that the people on this board are mostly 16-20 years old. Furthermore they're inclined towards aggressive and argumentative discourse, if you could call it that, and this means you're likely to be ridiculed for complaining meekly to them. Try to assert yourself instead of asking for permission to think, have opinions or address topics you'd like to see discussed on here.

>edgy
this canard is thrown around because a large portion of the users are from reddit and twitter. Its just vernacular, I wouldn't take it to heart.

>>edgy
The point I think a lot of people are trying to convey when they use this term is that the "edge" is all that there is to the statement being propounded - that there is no substance. This is common in presentations of young individuals that have yet to fully grasp the material in question. They have a strong desire to believe in something so they rush to the leading edge of the topic (confronting or even attacking opponents) though they lack the substance to truly defend against any counter attack. We have seen so much of it that it becomes tiresome.

Lemme guess, the better civilization is where people work to provide for your lazy ass, and expect to be happy for it?

lol. Kill yourselves you fucking faggots.

>please learn to write with better grammar, your syntax is awful. parse your thoughts out so others can make sense of them.
No

>There is a serious lack of conscientiousness on internet forums and among the more active intellectuals of the millenial and gen z cohorts
Good

>duties you are neglecting to fulfill as a blossoming human being? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't have a job do you? Do you study anything rigorously? Have you committed to an opposite sex partner ever for at least a year, with no cheating? How much have you written on your own, do you write down your research and thoughts at the very least?
None of these thing are real, humanity doesn't exist

>Substance
Not real

>t.troll

Then again I’m feeding it...

>a large portion of the users are from reddit and twitter
Wrong.

i'm waiting to die user
ok user

Because you know nothing of misery. You know nothing of pain. You're a coddled soft puddy of human that thinks a lack of food for a week is some form of torture. That somehow, in some perverse world, getting out of bed is hard. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. I am in the same boat of weak, but don't you dare complain of the hardships of life. You have the internet and the ability to read. You are therefore, minimally educated and provided for financially. You fucking sad boys piss me the fuck off. Complain about life in the irony that the depth we understand of it is the limits of ourselves that we consign that to the universe, we are stupid, ignorant, egotistical beasts, and you lamenting it despite having it better than the majority of the rest of this horrible world is pathetic. If you hate yourself because of your weakness, it's not because you're too weak, narrow minded, or too intelligent to see the value in life, it's because you're selfish.

Appreciate your life.

>>Substance
>Not real
Oftentimes, the substance to the argument is very real - the "edgy" individual is just unaware of it so their arguments are proven vacant when challenged.

>i'm waiting to die user
Do you think that you would willingly allow yourself to be murdered, or do you think your psyche would revolt against the concept of being extinguished by the will of another?

Is there going be an answer about other authors;I can't think of anybody at the top of my head who are like Salinger[sic?] (Catch-22 in a way is similar)

It isn't a delusion.

I don't know, I've purposefully put myself in mortal danger a few times when close to the brink. If I was maybe one degree more unhinged I'd probably point to where I wanted the bulllet/knife. Right now, if only out of some formality or attachment to vital movement, I think I'd at least want to get into a death struggle with them. The chance of mutual destruction would ease the tension from being rooted to the world while mentally wanting to abandon it. Nevertheless I want to leave soon, I'm not helping this place and these people don't want me here. Too much screaming, always howling for more food and pleasure, lying through their teeth and clawing at each other's backs the moment they fear abandonment. Should probably get off for the day now

The dominance hierarchy is older than trees, famalam; it's not my fault you couldn't find a niche.

Can you stay a moment? I have input.

Thank you for this post, do you mind if I save it? I cant tell if its satire, but if it isn't this is the perfect example of the attitude I was thinking of.

Hes not talking about himself, hes talking about partly himself, but also it seems he is suggesting he feels for all people. The totality of bad in the world ways on him

>Selfish
Spook

This exact thing is what I've been thinking about few months now

i honestly genuinely think it is because they are having sex. getting old seems to make people become stubborn and complacent. somehow aggressively apathetic

> hehe youre just an angry young man, a rebel without a cause, i remember when i was like you, youll grow out of it, things arent so bad just wait until you have a family. i love hangin' out with my wife and kids :)

its scary i hope it never happens to me

the suffering olympics never end

Please do.

t. manchild

I don't know if you agree with him, but do you truly fucking believe that humans are capable of that level of abstract empathy without projection and auto-erotic-moralistic-self-advertisement? They aren't. We're a sniveling stupid kin and not even able to conceptualize an entirity of something's existence within time, we're lolled around on a moments most cogent and convincing elements, and this nincompoop is bemoaning lives in a level of abstraction that we aren't capable of? Fuck off. And can you even fucking imagine if we were able to conceive beyond our fundamental abilities? Imagine if we could see a chunck of time at once and capitulate that to some form of linguistic will? Would being more intelligent fix existential dread? No. Fuck off. The universe isn't even content with its existence, it is everything, and would bemoan "Why this?" How fucking insipid do you have to be to not appreciate the evolutionary mechanisms that allow us to dodge out from the gaping meaningless of the inversion of nothingness? Are you fucking shitting me? Go play videogames and be god damned thankful we're all idiots, more brilliant life forms exist than us and they haven't contacted us, we're either dumb as dogshit or they've given up. Fuck this existential dread bullshit, there's no inverse as meaning, even for the universe, is not possible. Existence is stupid, we're stupid, and damn well better be thankful for alcohol, sex, hunger, laziness, and pain to distract us enough that we get over it. Death doesn't fix shit, it just makes you forget you lollygagging dip shit, suicide fixes nothing but extricates you to meaningless to avoid your pain in existence and give it to others who are duped into this circus. Fuck. Get in a fight, suck a dick, do drugs, learn until you have a headache every god damned night for years for a pointless fucking dream and then forget it. Imbue yourselves in Lethe's absote flow, fuck this clay. God's killed all of us already, we're just waiting to see the god damned sunset. Get. The. Fuck. Over. It.

this is how you deal with what he is talking about,

This is extremely embarrassing, I hope this post is ironic.

>>>/9gag/

Why do people criticize others for being unable to cope with the demands of life when they never consented to participating in life in the first place? Its perverse. All of us have been forced into existence so we can't be accused of failing to hold up our side of the contract. Does a kidnapping victim have obligations toward their captor?

> other people have it worse than u so stop ur bitching
oof

> contemplating and questioning the worthiness of your existence when u have it so easy and nice compared to others is selfish
ouch

part of this post is okay if you ignore the ultra-edgy "this universe [...]" segment in the middle and your embarrassing smug wall-of-text writing style. you read like an angry drunk homeless man drug-raving at kids on the street

for someone who acknowledges all these things about humanity and then berates people
for not being able to "Get. The. Fuck. Over. It." you sure read like you yourself are unable to

and i sure as shit bet most of the hapless retards the OP is criticizing haven't done so either

I've been pacing around my room trying NOT to give in to the temptation to respond to this......trying to recall those HARD-EARNED lessons received in therapy back when times weren't so tough that I couldn't afford it..... but I just don't think I can contain it anymore
so FUCK IT FUCK YOU WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT SUFFERING YOU FUCKING LARPER?? I WASN'T EVEN GOING TO SUCCUMB TO THIS BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH..... HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FORCED TO WRING URINE FROM YOUR UNDERWEAR IN ORDER TO JUST MAKE IT ONE MORE DAY....??? JUST ONE MORE DAY IF ALL THE POWERS THAT BE WOULD ONLY KEEP THEIR OWN FUCKING WORD AND STOP TRYING TO EXTRACT OUR ORIGINAL PRE-BIRTH ESSENCE LIKE FUCKING VAMPIRES....
I HOPE YOU LEARN YOUR LESSON BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!

forgot to summarize in my last line here if these people who the op seems to criticize[*] actually /had/ overcome all of these awful things, you would expect that they could show the rest of us how to overcome them too.

but i have never found anyone who can. When i ask my dad about this stuff i just get shitass rage-inducing platitudes like the quote i wrote in this makes me really suspicious that this view is at least partially right:
> humans are too uncoordinated, stupid and wretched to cope with the awfulness that exists
> but thankfully they're also too dumb to stay focused on it for too long, thanks to nice distractions like "alcohol, sex, hunger, laziness, and pain"

so for now i guess the only thing to do is to wait until my hormones balance me out into one of the mellow dumbasses i revile so much. meanwhile ill keep trying to find an answer.

sucks desu

lmao

----

> [*]: people who become complacent/hapless/sated by dumb material shit like starting a family & achieving societal success, who seem blind/indifferent to the pain/horror/incongruity of existence

If you're going to be pedantic you should at least bother to capitalize and punctuate properly.

You could always kill yourself, but you won't do that because you quite enjoy the world other humans have built for you. You should be thankful for the criticism, because it's for your own good.

Suicide is illegal dum dum. There's No Exit

Have you ever considered why it's always the deep thinkers that are the most unhappy? Perhaps it's not because they see the world for what it is, but that they allow their thoughts to spiral out of control, so that they are no longer responding to the tangible and real, but to abstractions with little connection to reality. The process of thought won't bring you closer to the truth simply by engaging in it 24/7. You have to manage it like a tool, and learn to discern the productive trains of thought from the ones that will leave you a miserable sack of shit. I know you're going to say "But then you're just lying to yourself!", but the topic's not so clear cut. Sure, there are parts of Nihilism, etc. that cannot be readily rebuked, but if it turns you apathetic and extinguishes your desire for knowledge in general, why pursue it? You are only making yourself unhappy, with absolutely no benefits other than the sense of being right. I do not think it misguided to suggest that such world-denying views are steeped heavily in narcissism. How else, when there are happy people all around? And even brooding brings its own form of comfort?

No, it's really not so bad. Get out of your head sometimes, you'll see what I mean.

>don’t think too hard
you never think, you just react like an animal. normalfags aren’t human, this is their crippling disease, they don’t think. they don’t like thinking, they abandon our duty as sapient life forms to think. you enjoy this, wagies enjoy this, socialites, capitalists, literati (yes, them too), athletes, criminals enjoy this.

illegal for who? not like they're gonna throw you in jail for doing it.

Sounds like the normies got it made, and are right. Down a six pack nerd.

And yet you respond to my post almost immediately, showing no consideration to what I've written. Tell me, why is thinking inherently more human than our other activities? What is the use of thought, when it will not serve to better the world in some way?

For every citizen in the United States. If they catch you doing it, or if you fail and they find out, or if you let anybody know that you simply have PLANS they will forcibly imprison you. You'll even get banned from Veeky Forums if you talk about suicide too explicitly for breaking Global Rule 1.

This is a non-answer.

How so?

''If your definition of good is...'' What if it isn't?

'' So compared to an ideal, this world is trash.''

Not really, compared to an ideal this world is average. We can imagine an infinity of worse or better worlds. If you were to compare the ideal world to our actual world, of course it would be significantly worse in comparison, but also significantly better than the worst possible world. I don't see the purpose in trying to rank our world vs hypothetic ones because this world is our only point of reference (in reality).

'' People are forced by threat of violence or poverty and so ultimately physical pain to do work they do not want to do, they are imprisoned, killed in wars, defrauded by scams, and so on''

Why are these things bad?

''The point is, if you were to design a world and your only criteria was "it must be 'decent' ", would you make it exactly like or even close to the one that exists now? If so, what the fuck is wrong with you?''

????????????

If the necessary criteria is that the world I create has to be decent and only that, meaning not better or worse than decent, then I would be forced to create exactly our world, since our world given what I said earlier is precisely ''decent''.

If you mean that is must be AT LEAST decent but could be better, why would I bother with your question? Obviously our world isn't perfect.

alright this makes sense

> absolutely no benefits other than the sense of being right.
yep

i've always understood that seeking truth is a moral imperative and that if i ignore it then i am neglecting something that was my responsibility to pursue, maybe it's all just been martyrdom

itt pic related

The world and humanity are too complex to give quick reactionary judgements like "the world is bad". We are not even sure what lies at our core, how individual our experience is at the end of the day, what is good or bad for a person. Physical annihilation is probably bad but what comes after that? Getting your cock sucked 24/7/365 is seemingly good but you will probably turn into a meatblob and won't appreciate the sensation anymore.

And honestly it's strange that you complain about the world now that absolute poverty is gradually being eliminated and there are experiments with universal basic income. Sure it's far from ideal but modern society does an important function of keeping you alive and while you are you can partake in making the world a better place with the best of your ability which is the one thing that makes humans the most engaged. And opportunity for that is plenty if you accept that small changes are better than no changes. So do that and start with cleaning your room ;^)

What are you on about, pseud?

>watch me be condescending when someone uses my exact logic against me
k

>People are forced by threat of violence or poverty and so ultimately physical pain to do work they do not want to do
This is blatantly false tho. At least in America and other first world countries

>there is no suffering in the world because one person at some point in history had the bestest suffering

Nice

But sure appreciating your life is important but so is acknowledging and honoring your suffering, belittling it because it's not as evident as someone's who dies of starvation doesn't help anyone. Don't overblow it by making it THE suffering but still acknowledge that your pain is real, be kind to yourself.

Hate how accurate these things are sometimes

bernanos, sorel

>i have never found anyone who can
user your post sounds authentic, so i'll go out on a limb here.

i have never met anyone who is sincerely committed to following their own heart through hell and high water, who is willing to turn that critical lens inward and uncover the trauma-borne roots of all his maladaptive perceptions and behaviours, so as to finally arrive at the truth of his existence.

i have made suggestive posts on this and other boards in the past, hoping to draw out and converse with that one person who has outgrown the purely pragmatic desire to live a comfortable life, and who is instead willing to sacrifice everything in order to transcend the suffering of day to day reality. it's a lonely road.

so what's up?
if nothing else thanks for the lmao

p.s. not calling your post a "lmao"! i meant thanks for laughing at my retarded satire post earlier - glad someone got a kick..