"Caroline Kepnes works as a journalist, having covered pop culture for Entertainment Weekly, Tiger Beat, Teen Machine...

"Caroline Kepnes works as a journalist, having covered pop culture for Entertainment Weekly, Tiger Beat, Teen Machine, E! Online, and Yahoo! TV. She has also written for the television shows 7th Heaven and The Secret Life of the American Teenager. She lives in Los Angeles."

Influences: Bret Easton Ellis, Joyce Carol Oates, Meg Wolitzer, Stephen King, Stewart O'Nan

>enough already

What does that even mean?

>It's another "lets get irrationally angry over a literal nobody" thread

STOP TRYING TO HAVE FUN

Tiger Beat is actually pretty lit.

Another white male? Woah woah woah, ENOUGH ALREADY, capish wise guys????!!!

she's pretty good at reading bookshelves, and her influences probably let her sleep at night.

>tfw ur a cis-white-male!!!

They keep telling me I should read non males but non males don’t read the stuff I like. So fuck ‘em. Let them read Meg Wolutzer and let me read Kerouac

>implying she's wrong

>Kerouac
>male

>talking shit about Pinecone on a taiwanese backgammon image board

I can literally smell the cunt wafting off of her

>tfw showering in a sexist societal concept that oppresses that female into conforming her apocrine glands to societys patriarcal standards.
Check your privilege.

>>talking shit about Pinecone
you've literally never read GR, and you're the pretentious liar fuck she's talking about. if you'd read GR, you'd know talking shit about it is inevitable. You've basically called yourself out, pun intended.

>being this much of a triggered pseud

I agree Pynchon and anyone who pretends to read him is pretentious, but why is he a liar? I don't get it. This Caroline is far more patrician than me.

>not knowing the shit eating scene
>on Veeky Forums
there's a level below pseud where you don't even recognize copypasta, newb

you know he's going to say it's a war novel, and not a novel about your dick pointing at random or eating shit out of fur coated women's asses.

>and a liar
?

S N O B
N
O
B

WTF? i hate pynchon now!

“There are two more turds, smaller ones, and when he has eaten these, residual shit to lick out of her anus. He prays that she'll let him drop the cape over himself, to be allowed, in the silk-lined darkness, to stay a while longer with his submissive tongue straining upward into her asshole. But she moves away. The fur evaporates from his hands. She orders him to masturbate for her. She has watched Captain Blicero with Gottfried, and has learned the proper style.”

If you don'r appreciate that passage you need to go.

“She turns, ‘Hold up my fur.’ . . . ‘Be careful, don’t touch my skin.’ Her intestines whine softly . . . A dark turd appears out the crevice, out of the absolute darkness between her white buttocks . . . he leans forward to surround the hot turd with his lips, sucking on it tenderly, licking along its lower side . . . The stink of shit floods his nose, gathering him, surrounding. . . The turd slides into his mouth, down to his gullet. He gags, but bravely clamps his teeth shut.”

Is "got Mayflowers in his blood" supposed to be an insult?

Check your privilage, cis-white-male scum.

Also curious about this....

I would still sling my ham stick juice on this bitch.

just because the character in her novel is committed to reductive and dumb statements doesn't mean the author is too.

Haha rooofl ur right, didn't realise this was fun but now i'm lmaoing all over

Have you actually read one of her books, and if so what did you think?

nice pic

Its from my 'WhitePeople' folder.

I never thought I would see this book/author posted here because they are basically a literally who. Anyway I actually have read the book, nothing great but was sort of entertaining. This quote is about a rich chad(benji) who the girl /ourguy/(basically spent his life working in a bookstore and reading) loves just cant get over. He knows this chad would never read Pynchon which is why he calls him a liar and probably assumes chad hasn't read any of the books he listed. This quote isn't about what he thinks of the authors/books but about how he hates this chad and his impressions of why he choose each of these books he never actually read. He probably likes most of those books. Its amusing OP picked this quote to try and mock the author. In case anyone wants more context he has chad locked up in the basement of his bookstore and is messing around with him a bit before he kills him. Chad eventually breaks down crying and admits he never read any of them because he is too sensitive for literature but says he still sort of read them in a postmodern kind of way because of what he has heard about them(sort of like how OP has kind of read them by browsing lit).

She's right about all of that.