Fuck it Veeky Forums, who wants in the hippie bus? we're gonna turn ladybugs into moonshine...

fuck it Veeky Forums, who wants in the hippie bus? we're gonna turn ladybugs into moonshine, we're gonna burn a chocolate werewolf, and we're gonna consume twelve mystery suns. no use with that insect juice we got that parmesan paper and goatmilk daydreams. juniper millions is making her ballroom out of glass bricks in the back-seat and there's rainbow sparklers in the glove compartment. get down with the magic breeze and take a ride to shining san fran. put your toothache away and get in!

who are your favorite beat writers?

>killing ladybugs and werewolves

What kind of hippie are you? You're too violent

doesn’t unintentionally rhyme enough, fake and gay

real acid heads are bardic spirits

nice trips tho and im down to burn the world with blue-green fires breathed from the candlestick nostrils of an ancient serpent if you knowwhatmsayinmayne

man you're fucking right

shit i gotta think about that.

I’m actually doing this next month. Filling a big car with Books, driving to LA, and living out of the vehicle. I can’t believe I have been paying rent all these years.

wow man that's rad, wish I had the balls to do that.

sf still is and probably always will be a better cali city to be a bohemian hippy than los angeles

Hendrix

well the main reason people do it is because, you know, it's actually cheaper than living out of your car in the long term. what with needing a job with an address, and a place to charge your phone so you can keep said job and said income snowball snowball snowball

>not charging your phone in your car
>not using a postal box as your address

under the peaceful surface of the hippies is a culture of violence.

Pls explain. I've noticed this too but can't explain why I feel it, besides the whole Manson thing of course.

No offense, but none of this is true or accurate. You don’t need an address to have a job. You can put down a friend’s address. Most importantly, consider this: if half of your earnings go to rent, you have to work half as much if you are not paying rent. From a lit perspective: the reason people don’t take bullshit jobs during which you can read the whole time is that it is impossible to afford rent with a job like this. However, if you live out of a vehicle, you can have a job that provides you with actual productivity (studying and learning for yourself as opposed to being a corporate-advancing cucklord) and you only have to work half as much as you did before, giving you twice or three times as much free time to be productive. You don’t have the same distractions in the mobile life that you had in the residencial sphere, just you, a bunch of books, and an espresso machine. All other time consumers are decadence. Basically: get your shit together and move into your car.

Also: “How much money would I have to take from you so I don’t lose your respect?” Crocker Fenway chuckled without mirth. “A bit late for that, Mr. Sportello. People like you lose all claim to respect the first time they pay anybody rent.”

That’s definitely true if you’re going for the hippie experience, but I’m aiming for a more diverse experience, working low-level film industry and sleeping amongst society’s swill in the most realistic man-made Hell history has to offer

I cringed so hard at this.

>who wants in the hippie bus? we're gonna

shit in open ditch latrines
spend our waking ours picking pubic crabs off our crotches
beg for money to buy weed
get ripped off
beg for money to buy some kind of food that goes with all the oregano we bought
end every sentence with "maaaaan"
not wash for a month
smell like open-ditch latrines
pretend we're having mad sex all the time
jerk off bitterly in private
describe all hippie music as 'cosmic', no matter how boring and incomprehensible it is
describe all other music as 'square'
only eat organic food
get the shits from eating unwashed organic food
call it "beautiful, man"
have children without knowing who the real father is
name them shit like windchime, epiphany and gallbladder
be all surprised when those children don't want to grow up shitting into open ditch latrines and reject the hippie lifestyle to become lawyers

whoa. such a downer user.

Thought this was invitation desu I've got nothing going in and would go live in a smelly bus with some strangers who share only a hobby

You must be lost, Square. Nothing more despicable than a wage cuck. People don’t appreciate the fact that, if there is a hell, wasting the wonder of life in self-imposed bondage deserves a top-tier shelf of that hell. It is worse than just being ‘mean’, it is idiotic (a less-than-fully appreciated offense if you ask me), disgraceful, and disrespectful to the opportunity we are given. Fuck you for your idiocy. Any effort to live outside of this fucked up system of ours is more respectable than living within it.

Manson, the weird entanglements with Hell's Angels for their drugs, their open hostility towards returning Vietnam Vets, their odd embrace of communist and violent black power movements.

damn, what a behind-the-bell-curve way to look at labor. personally, i wake up around 8, go to the gym, shower there, head to the office around 10:30, work freely on a variety of projects that i've chosen to take until noon, go out to lunch with coworkers (friends) on the company dime, then work the rest of the afternoon face to face with clients fixing problems that take only focus and communication to solve.

I get home around 4 and have plenty of energy to read and write everyday and make enough money to buy my entire elementary school class (a loose network of mennonites and amish) dinner every single day and still save money.

Reading that made me want to throw up. We just understand ‘what it means to actually live life’ differently. I believe that all that structure you impose on your lifestyle, combined with the fact that most of what you are working for is not rooted in self interest, tramples on your nature and dehumanizes you. You clearly think otherwise. I think this has a lot to do with the psychology of the modern man. We will look back in 100 years and realize that so much of the insecurity, depression, and relationship problems we face today stem from this reduction of human nature caused by any hill industry.

>insecurity, depression, and relationship problems
>modern man
As opposed to what exactly? the premodern man - a literal slave or a king? the primitive man - the very embodiment of uncertainty, fighting every day to survive?

omg, or better yet, is your alternative your poverty self - completely at the disposal of charity from people like me? Yes. Yes, man, that's rich. It took me a while to realize the implications of what you said, but yes.

The best part is I'll keep providing this charity because it costs me nothing and I can sustain your pathetic suffering, thinking that you can change something. God bless America, land of the free, home of the brace.

I’m not saying that history has ever offered the common man a solution to this problem, but the problem (structure restricting human nature) has certainly intensified in the last fifty years. The alternative has probably only been exemplified by aristocracy and bohemians. But as technology improves, I believe this less structured lifestyle will become more attainable for the common man and we will begin to appreciate how much of an effect restrictions have on our wellbeing

you've described my lifestyle exactly. Glad you've thought through your resentment against me. The least effort for the most free time in the history of the world with the exception of heritage royalty.

nice b8 m8

With this said, and I apologize for my drunkenness, that this improvement in technology will increasingly only be available for the hyper elite, just as Jeff Bezos has access to the best HGH in the world, and that that is a great foundation for the best fiction of the next twenty years, which you should write out of your frustration with the world

cheers for thinking it's bait

Upon the examination of the piss poor syntax and grammar displayed in your first paragraph, I have arrived at the belief that people like you are actually indebted to people like me. I have to put up with idiots like you all the time (people that can’t form a coherent thought). I have always been profitably employed and I have never accepted any handouts. However, I had to navigate your pathetic excuse for an argument to try to offer you some insight into improving your faulty collection of opinions, for your benefit, while I gain nothing. I’ll keep providing this charity because it costs me next to nothing and I can sustain your pathetic suffering.

let the hate flow through you

If you are the guy with the Amish elementary school class, you have completely misunderstood what I’m saying. For the majority of your day, your natural human impulse is on a tight leash for the purpose of holding to social norms. That’s right, none of your interactions are genuine, even though you think they are. It is the limiting of this impulse that is ultimately the cause of the dehumanization, the structuring of your day is just another instance of this type of limitation. I assure you, you are ill.

>thinking you're a lit hippy but using the opinions of a corporate lawyer to make your point

As a corporate lawyer who wishes he had the guts to just go be a hippy, I must inform you that you are retarded.

read Hunter Thompson's essay about "when the wave broke". or read Robert Crumb's stories about life on the communes in the sixties.

>Any effort to live outside of this fucked up system of ours is more respectable than living within it.

let me guess, you bought long white rice from the store and planted it in sand and couldn't work out why it didn't grow? and then all the hot chicks decided to go back to the city because they wanted a shower?

nobody said the revolution was going to be easy, man.

On the way to work,I ride a light rail train(An open air subway of only 2-4 cars) along the Palisades cliffs in Hoboken. These cliffs are densely wooded,but in winter the foliage reveals the camps set up by the local homeless. One spot has about 5 makeshift homes,the best of them a little 10' square house on a wooden platform made level on pipe stilts. This one has walls of random planking and high plastic windows, and usually some sort of laundry us drying on a line beside it. The next best is a low rat nest sort of a place,it's domed roof covered with an assortment of tarps held down by rope,it's walls a ramshackle collection of wood chunks making several chambers off of the center hollow. The ceiling is too short to walk in,unless it's been excavated deep into the ground and reinforced like a hobbit hole or Luke Skywalker's childhood home. The worst of these living spaces is a tarp tossed over a fallen tree one must wriggle in and out of. These are the details I have seen whizzing by through the window staring up into the hill every morning,and they have a common area with an overhead canopy tarped over and a fire where they gather to cook their breakfast,and some mornings I have seen at least 5 or six there,bundled up against the weather but amiably greeting each other with the new day. There are businesses enough with public bathrooms for maintaining a standard of hygiene, and I can imagine whoever made that Waldenesque palace could be stealing water and electricity from some unlookedfor building above the cliffs. So it IS possible to live off the grid. You just need a loose definition of living I suppose.

Come on... you knew you would be providing a bad comparison when you started writing that block. And then you continued writing for a long time without thinking, ‘maybe I’m just trying to justify my meaningless suburban existence to myself by comparing forced homelessness with willing, income-earning, mobile-home-dwelling, daily-shower-taking (monthly 24-hour gym membership), TV-less, Book-filled innovative living instead of acknowledging the fact that rent is the reason I work most of my existence away for a cause that means nothing to me, gaining nothing but the resemblance of advancement in the form of corporate ascension and grey hairs from unnatural stress.’ I appreciate the effort you spent writing that thing, but you knew you it was a dishonest comparison, please consider the psychological implications of the fact that you followed through with this post in spite of knowing of the comparison’s dishonesty.

you forgot john lennon beating the shit out of his wife

I know you're correct and every step of your greentext was accurate. Your post still torpedoed my hopeful dreamer vibe. Unmellow, man.

He’s not a corporate lawyer, he is a character in Pynchon’s mouthpiece. Real estate, throughout the book, represents the modern slavery I bring up here. Also, if a Nazi loses all respect for a person because the person wastes his life watching tv, the person that wastes his life is not justified because of the Nazi’s soulless life decisions. The person is still wasting his life