Writing dialogue like this should be illegal

Writing dialogue like this should be illegal

>reading fiction
you did this to yourself

I enjoyed it.

>he just come back a-postin'
Is this about a guy who hangs around Veeky Forums too much?

It's 5 straight pages of this dumb bitch

>complains about 5 pages of dumb bitch
>never read Sloosha's Crossin' an' Ev'rythin' After
>never read Flowers for Algernon
>never read Sound and the Fury

are you so pretentious that having characters with shitty accents or being borderline retarded bothers you?

addendum: stick to Victor Hugo if you need verbose dialogue and monologues with great big, beefy thesaurus words in them.

I believe Zora Neale Hurston said something about this.
There's also something about an ass or a jackass.

It's funny because Lovecraft hated country folk that fucking much.

Why couldn't he just write their dialogue normally with small words instead of trying too hard to convey their accent?

Oh good, the pseuds are taking over, I wonder if this'll get turned into /pol/shit down the road (it will).

Because the point of it wasn't to convey information, it's to shit on uneducated illiterate backwoods new englanders

because its his book and he wanted you to read it with an accent this way, and struggle, like a real person would struggle with another who speaks with such a fucked up accent.

He really did hate those fuckers. I feel like he just wanted me to hate them as much as he did. Now I understand.

Poetry is where literature happens. Novelists are just manbabies larping as professors. Case in point big dave wallace, who only an herode when the larp overcame him.

In my humble opinion.
Tone, voice, emotion, any action taken as the characters say what they're about to say: Should be written before the quote, not afterwards.
!This is the bane of literature, first we read what they say, then we read how they say it. It's fucking retarded.

"You are correct," he said sarcastically. "Now go back and reread the first bit of dialogue sarcastically so that you imagine it sarcastically."

well I laughed

You don’t know nuthin’ without you have read a book by the name of ‘Adventures of Huckleberry Finn’; but that ain’t no matter.

>never read Huck Finn

What is it like talking like a space alien?

I'm in the middle of writing a story set in Prohibition South, but for but life of me can't get that dialect to sound anything other than forced.