What is the most horrifying philosophical concept or theory to you? For me, it's Parmenides

What is the most horrifying philosophical concept or theory to you? For me, it's Parmenides.

The lines of time are just a dimension. Our existence is like a roll of film. Our beginning from start to finish is being recorded as we live. However when the recording is done our existence will remain for eternity. We live in one never ending moment and our perception of time is just a perception. Everything is completed and frozen in a changeless and eternal state. We are both already dead and never dead at the same time.

We just had this thread you dumb mongrel. You're worrying about nothing.

The mountains are actually giant trees theory fucked me up.
Also the fact that JK rowling never wrote Harry Potter gave my schizophrenia

Feminism
Multiculturalism
Sex outside of marriage
Atheism
Leftism
Liberalism
Race mixing

Give me a (You) if you're traditionalist conservative Fascist and proud of it

Think about it this way: everybody that has ever lived or will ever live is now in the afterlife, including you, watching your life or at least just percieving it

Why don't you make that perception awesome and turn your own life into a work of art?

there is no afterlife. Present life is everything we have

>Rowling neve wrote Potter
Cant find anything coherent about this

There's a lot of theories that HP was a well-crafted corporate project to get tons of dosh and Rowling was just a face to put it on. I don't know why this would horrify someone though.

social engineering (e.g. Veeky Forums)

Here’s your (you), fellow mensch.

>solipsism
Inverted solipsism is clearly the truth.

Here (you) go my guy.

[Spoiler] Have you guys thought it might be cool if we started shooting at criminals against the superior race [/spoiler]

Not a reason not to rurn your own life into a work of art

I mean that is plausable and I guess a lot of modern-day types only love it so much 'cause it's got a womans name on it, so hell, maybe its true

you cant have art without observer, and everyone will forget you after you die

Not if enough people go with you desu.

stop lying to yourself, you are sub-108iq braintlet, better end your farce of life already

Haha, it's funny how insecure you are.

>Jeff Magnum Time
Is this a spelling error or a completely unrelated thing?

This reminds me of a thought I had. What if when you die, you are reborn again as the same person and re live the same life over and over exactly the same?

You can always be your own observer

That really thin fish that swims up your dick

Idk, when you were the king of carrot flowers?

Yeah and what then? Nothing would change and thus you wouldn't know any better.
Still, it'd be a slight comfort. Being stuck in eternity> being dead.
Maybe you could even hope for errors or changes aftet enough cycles to effect a lasting chance or some sort of salvation. But who's to say it's 'you' you even in the first repetition?

Eternal Return seems sort of sensible but it's also incredibly wonky to me. Like second user said assuming we all repeat then we wouldn't remember anyways, and are unlikely too eventually all remember because we would have to have gone through an infinity of repeats and so why should an infinity more change that? And I was reading Borges once who said something like the idea that there is a limited number of variations to an eternal cycle and so we are destined to repeat this exact life is wrong because mathematically every particular is indivisibly small in it's degrees and infinite in its possible number of such things, let alone the possibilities of all things in relation to other things. So we would be living existence never the same except perhaps in an abstract astral sense of the self (which imo such occultic shit could possibly resolve every problem in this post and here in general).

The idea that history is going nowhere really shook me a few years ago. I've adjusted to it.

It is still extraordinary to me how many everyday people subscribe to some version of the progress narrative .

I believe one's position on the progress narrative (especially if they decide it's a bunch of hoopla) is a more serious indicator of one's beliefs than, for example, if one professes faith in God or not.

That's just plain dumb

what when someday earth and even whole universe will die? We will not have "place" to live our next live

I don't know. Under eternal return of course nothing really dies. If that were to happen then I guess there is simply nothing and eternal return is a bunch of shit.

Its real, its just imperceptible. If you know about it then you always will and if you don't, you don't.

That's what I've been coming to figure, and I don't give in too much to the fears of it since I'm beginning to see this circle as having the potential of a spiral.

I'm not the OP of this thread, someone else copy pasted it from the archive. Anyway to answer the question I find Baudrillard's philosophy of history quite horrifying as well.

There's no K in her middle name. Going by J.K. was a suggestion by her editor because they were afraid no one would to read a book by a woman.

The descriptions not the theory's on the bottom are too vague. Very interesting though. thenSimpsons Is real theory really activates my almonds

That there are beings in a timeless dimension that communicate with images rather than words Everytime they speak a new world is created and disappears inside of the world however time passes and beings suffer.

Does the doomsday argument count? Am i a brainlet for believing it?

what if there's a magical robot in the future that can bring you back to life after you die and torture you forever if you don't dedicate your life to helping make it exist?

If you don't help to make it exist, how does it torture you?

Why I puld it care , if odds are it had to have exists either way

HATE.

what the fuck is golf rumors

Accelerationism.