What's your opinion of Hawking and his work "brief history of time"?

What's your opinion of Hawking and his work "brief history of time"?

Tbh, he seems pretty pseud to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCAbBnWm4LM
youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Disgusting liberal cuck

It's poorly written and not very helpful for dummies who want to learn about physics and shit.

Care to argument your opinions?
I agree tho

liberals are destroying the white male and the white world. Hawkins is integral to this scheme of subversion, turning us against whiteness and traditional gender roles

Pop science garbage

He furthered the field of science, which is more than I can say for most of us. His academic work is good. But like most scientists in the spotlight, his opinions get mistaken for fact.

really fucking stupid, not an important contributor to physics. Veeky Forums shits on him for a reason and its not just jealousy. massively overrated, should never give people pop-sci books. If you care at all about physics then read fucking physics textbooks and learn fucking physics. For fuck's sake don't pretend to understand science, its so embarrassing.

I've actually been attempting to read this over the last 6 months or so, off and on.

I have no idea what he's talking about. Like....big picture type stuff, it seems like he just rattles on and on about the tiny details, and I have no fucking clue what the overall big picture is.

He says his publisher told him that every equation that's in the book will reduce sales by a million, so he limits them. Instead of just writing the equations, he tries to explain them through words, which is ten times as confusing.

>really fucking stupid
Your hyperbole informs me that you're the stupid one
>not an important contributor to physics. Veeky Forums shits on him for a reason and its not just jealousy. massively overrated, should never give people pop-sci books
He never claimed that he was
>For fuck's sake don't pretend to understand science, its so embarrassing.
Who is pretending?

>brief history of time
>it isn't brief

It's only like 100 pages.

>Veeky Forums shits on him for a reason
yes, the same reason that motivated all of these posts

Veeky Forums is a bunch of retarded pseud engineering students. I mean they're right on this account, but I wouldn't ever use their opinion on anything.

so who should read this book? children? Why not put them in a physics course and give them physics texts and drill them on physics problems? Would you be happy with us giving people YT links instead of forcing them to read actual Lit? Are you trying to imply that not being drilled on maths is how you learn maths?

it's like Veeky Forums
most threads simply recapitulate the same tired memes, because that is the extent of most humans' intellectual capacity
the solution is to start threads with interesting questions that go over the heads of most. then wait for the slow trickle of sincere responses amidst the flood of memeposters

I'm halfway through and he hasn't talked about time yet...

It's a book for people that are half-way laymen, I assume. Something to read in your spare time, like so much literature

Also, I wasn't talking about the quality of his book, but rather your clearly biased opinion on Hawking, which seems to have more to do with the people that applaud him, not the man himself. You make him out to be some sort of conman

disgusting
correct

>liberals are destroying the white male
Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

Your elitism is tedious

Veeky Forums is 100x smarter than Veeky Forums. Most of Veeky Forums is basic calculus questions.

>YT links instead of forcing them to read
Audio books on YouTube is how I got into reading.
So yes, I would give them YouTube links.
Preferably to H.p Lovecraft during Halloween.

I would agree with this because I used to kick it on Veeky Forums until I became suspicious that it was a homework help board.
Spoilers!
It's pretty much one.

>reading pop sci instead of textbooks or papers

This is the pinnacle of Veeky Forums

>Most of Veeky Forums is basic calculus questions
yes, and not surprisingly those are probably the only posts you remember, because the ones about legitimately interesting topics went over your head
there are fantastic threads on Veeky Forums but most simply entail a shitposting circlejerk. at least solving calculus homework is genuinely useful to some people

t. Veeky Forums
your board is almost as shit as Veeky Forums

>muh ingroup identity
you need to love yourself more user. try gradually weaning yourself off the habit of shitposting as a substitute for genuine validation.

awh, thanks buddy. that's good advice!

i wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it brother.
>t. reformed veteran shitposter

Veeky Forums has interesting discussions and doesn't just mindlessly spew marxist bullshit.

I read this book since i am 9
and untill someone in my country say "don't read it because you will never understand it"

i agree with him 100% and will not read it for seriously anymore

the meaning of time is 'no one know"
not only time just only " weight" we human still don't know what is it

ok

Conservatives are the biggest, must uneducated, most oblivious crybabies anyone has ever seen

youtube.com/watch?v=RCAbBnWm4LM

youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg

that first one is pretty lame but that second one is pure musical kino
>that AHHH! AHHHHH! AHHHHHH!

Last year you'd just compare him to Black Tyson or Ducky, good to see you guys are on your way back to Bill Maher and Amazing Athiest. Not beliefs, a beautiful cycle.

It was written after the real Hawking died and was replaced with a double. I wonder who really authored it.

It was written by Otto Frank with a space pen that wasn't invented until 1984 take the redpill

Augh, your jest has unraveled the conspiracy!