Is literature the highest form of human achievement and art all together?

Is literature the highest form of human achievement and art all together?

no this is

no, music is. literature is the 2nd highest

Thanks for the erection

Music has the power to start subcultures
Literature has the power to start religions

All wrong
Music < Literature < Visual Arts

>Visual Arts

Like making Pepe memes?

yes

>any of these answers competing with the likes of pic related, the combined synthesis of architecture, urban design and input of every person that inhabits it, an ever-changing expression of the collective human conscience
The City is the ultimate form of art on earth and there is no higher achievement than to directly contribute to it's design. Once cannot escape it in the modern age unless the wish to disconnect themselves from life itself. It may not always be desirable, but nothing else displays a civilizations values more accurately

You'r mistaking seniority for superiority.

More homes for losers. lol I don't give a fuck how it looks if literally scum live in it

Living in the countryside is better.

scum are interesting user, one of my favorite things in the world is visiting shithole cities

>a limited medium of text that hasn't even broached its own potential is the highest form of human achievement and art
No. A communication medium consisting of an amalgamation of the senses is.

>implying an inorganic mass of cold steel and concrete is better than the organic conduit for artistic imagination

never said living in the city is better, just that refusing to live in one is a willing rejection in participating in the highest echoes of human achievement. In fact most of the time it fucking sucks, but I wouldn't have it any other way

No, they're not. Go to Brooklyn and try to have a conversation with one of those fucks about some super indie art trash band they know that you don't.

bugs....easy on the eyes

There is no greatest.

>Brooklyn
old news, the epicenters of the human conscience has moved on a while ago. I don't give a fuck about the inhabitants music tastes

nah, not really, cities are afterthoughts, artistic farts and the way we end up decoding them aesthetically, always ends up being similar to conceptual art - which is trash almost in its entirety. This is obviously all very hyperbolic, but you get what I mean.

see

Dude, you're a fucking tool if you're being serious right now.

wow you really showed me user

Yes, that makes Ulysses the greatest work of art in the known universe.

This is a neat thought, untill you live in the fucking city...

I only realized this pursuing an architecture degree while simultaneously hating my own city. I realized what I hated in its streets was a direct reflection to everything I hate in the society around me. I'm expressing my authoritarian tendencies through my architecture, I can't force everyone to adhere by my principles but I can force everyone to view and interact with the buildings I design

>the "DAE hate the city" meme

If everyone hates it so much why do they live there in the first place?

People don't know what they want.

Yes, but poetry specifically

I'd like an ultimate form of art that doesn't make me want to kill myself desu

Fuckin sponge

Like I said already, it isn't meant to make you feel good. If you dislike the city you dislike your culture. Use your dissatisfaction to identify the specific problems you have with society and watch as you notice it on every crevice of concrete and in every set of eyes that passes you on the street. Architecture that adheres to your values is the only solution to this madness

ugh I love Jennifer Aniston

Video games are the ultimate form, they are an art form that at first requires to be in writing (the plot and the world) then you add drawings and 3D art, you also add music and sounds and then you bring it all together with math and create a virtual world, and then you let the consumer enjoy it and explore it to its depths the way they want to

shut the fuck up faggot

No, the highest as in most potential is film. Since it can use visual arts, music and literature alltogether

why so salty? no counter argument?

This, if only people could look past it's current state and just imagine the possibilities. It's the only medium that combines music, visual art, literature, architecture, math and direct interactivity together. To reach its full potential it must shed it's perception of being a 'game' with an objective goal and instead embrace the experience itself. Any true artist in this day and age knows this, the medium is just in the same stage as films were when movies were a cheap carnival trick and thought of as nothing more

>ywn be 1996 Matthew Le Blanc
>ywn bang 1996 Jennifer Aniston

not him, but Brooklyn is objectively a has-been shithole

> ywn be Brad Pitt
> ywn bang Jennifer Aniston along with whoever the fuck you want