So what was the point of it all?

So what was the point of it all?

EXACTLY!

kek

but me on the sgreengab :DDDDDDD

Damn sun.

Criticism of the normalcy of things, including tradition and order. Camus implies that the things that we consider to be bad and good are simply arbitrary. He does this by blending the boundaries between good and evil like when the protagonist watches his friend beat his woman, or when he shoots the Moor near the end of the novel.

The lack of that boundary and rather indifference to it's importance is pretty consistent with his absurdist worldview. It's especially pronounced in his treatment of his relationship with his mother.

tldr:
No meaning so go and be a hedonist. Not like it matters anyway.

Cool, cool

I came to a pretty similar conclusion, altough I have a book report on it today so I thought that maybe Veeky Forums has some impressive takes on the book hahaha

Nah. It wasn't very deep beyond that, considering it's supposed to exemplify that life lacks inherent meaning. You don't have to dig very far.

lmao no, it's obviously about the race war. have you even read the book?

dis bud unironical

killing an arab

To throw out. Caligula and L'homme revolté are Camus' non-plebshit

I read that book when I was 13, without taking in consideratiin all the philosophical themes, just read it as if it was a normal book with a straight story

That said I likee the part he rants against the priest

Wtf was listening to Death when I saw this picture

>the point of it all
STOP

What are your thoughts on his essay on Sisyphus at the end of the Myth of Sisyphus. ive thought about that phrase "one must imagine sisyphus happy" on and off for a while now and dont really agree with it. there is nothing for him to be happy about. only a matter of time before boredom creeps in.

>Myth of Sisyphus
Actually I haven't read it until you mentioned it.

I think that Camus is asserting that life is fulfilling despite it's intrinsic lack of meaning. He's using a contradictory kind of logic by saying that the absurdity of life, that is to say the struggle and eventual failure to find meaning in life, is fulfilling in itself. Maybe not fulfilling in the all encompassing sense of being fulfilled and content with life, but rather filled just enough with some semblance of subsistence to push on. That subsistence I assume is the awareness and consciousness of the absurd.

"One must imagine sisyphus happy"
I imagine that sisyphus is not genuinely happy as you say, but rather is thinking about his circumstance from a perspective of a stranger (no pun intended) and laughing at his poor series of decisions that led to his eternal menial labor. He is "happy" only in that he deludes himself to be.

Think of a of a man doing 20 years of office work and lying to himself daily that he is happy.
Eventually there is a breakdown between reality and the delusion, and the man goes through a mid-life crisis.What Camus wants us to think is that man can push on even if we have this crisis or crises, even if we are aware of the alleged reality of the world. Personally I don't agree. Man shall not live on bread alone.

Good analysis desu

>Dude life is fucking meaningless so just do whatever crazy shit you wan

thats for you to decide xd

shoot first ask questions later when it comes to arabs

Makes sense

>"One must imagine sisyphus happy"
>I imagine that sisyphus is not genuinely happy as you say, but rather is thinking about his circumstance from a perspective of a stranger (no pun intended) and laughing at his poor series of decisions that led to his eternal menial labor. He is "happy" only in that he deludes himself to be.

nah, sisyphus is happy cuz he has a never ending task at hand. He just rolls his stone up the hill ad infinitum. He never comes into contact with problem of existence. His mindless work distracts him from thinking about his situation. He indeed is a happy man. Btw Heidegger got it backwards.

The point is that there is no point.

This isn't Sartre

>Heidegger was wrong
no that’s not possible
>Sisyphus is fine cause lol dude no thinking just push the boulder

PURE EVIL